News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Behind Enemy Lines - WH:40k using Covert Operations rules (sign up/OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 18, 2016, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargamer

So long as we do the opposite of what Wrexler thinks is a good plan, we're sure to be fine. :-P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

I will do a post about you two waking up later this evening. Don't worry, you will have things to do while you're in custody, you wont just be sat there waiting to be rescued. Narric, feel free to catch up with Maria and make any plans you want. You don't have anything on hand that could blow up the tower, so you'll have to come up with something creative.

Also, for anyone that's curious, the Twin Waaaghs are two seperate Waaaghs that happen to be going the same way. Normally when two warbosses meet, they'd fight until one had won, but in this case every time they try it ends with a draw. So now the Waaaghs fight across the galaxy, trying to outdo each other in the hopes that one will eventually triumph over the other. Unfortunately for the bosses (Or maybe fortunately, depending on your point of view), the general belief amongst their follower is they are destined to fight forever, so it seems likely that Painboss Ducktape and Wierdboss 'Edbusta will be doing this for along time to come :P

The Man They Call Jayne

On the down side, I now need to acquire a new heavy weapon. Bugger... Don't suppose there will be many Ion Rifles or Railrifles laying around will there?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

I'm assuming that you stashed Ol' Painful somewhere before trying to sneak attack the Tau, so hopefully it'll be there when you get back. As for Tau rifles... I imagine they'd be kept in the base. How convenient that you're being taken right to them ;)

Wargamer

I have a cunning plan... But I need access to an Astropath or some other means of extra-solar communication. I might just be able to win this war for us!

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

Getting hold of an Astropath will be nigh impossible, but getting access to a Tau facility with whatever they use fo some communications might be somewhat doable. Although now I'm curious (and worried) as to what plan you came up with so soon after I mentioned two Ork Waaaghs in a nearby system.

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on May 04, 2016, 04:25:30 PM
I'm assuming that you stashed Ol' Painful somewhere before trying to sneak attack the Tau, so hopefully it'll be there when you get back. As for Tau rifles... I imagine they'd be kept in the base. How convenient that you're being taken right to them ;)
Question, wouldn't the Tau include biometrics onto pretty much any wargear to ensure enemy's and resistance fighters can't use the weapons?

I think I'm thinking along the lines of MGS1 where weapons and gear on enemies couldn't be taken due to some sort of ID system. Something to do with Nano-machines iirc.

On the off hand, isn't it technically against meta for McTavish to suddenly know about the Twin Waaaghs at this point, as it hasn't been mentioned before? (iirc)

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on May 04, 2016, 07:26:38 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on May 04, 2016, 04:25:30 PM
Question, wouldn't the Tau include biometrics onto pretty much any wargear to ensure enemy's and resistance fighters can't use the weapons?

I think I'm thinking along the lines of MGS1 where weapons and gear on enemies couldn't be taken due to some sort of ID system. Something to do with Nano-machines iirc.
Yes, they would. However, with enough time, a Techpriest could easily override this.

Quote from: Narric on May 04, 2016, 07:26:38 PM
On the off hand, isn't it technically against meta for McTavish to suddenly know about the Twin Waaaghs at this point, as it hasn't been mentioned before? (iirc)
Oh, he doesn't know yet, but once we rescue him and fill him in on all the details, he can suddenly have an amazing idea.

The Man They Call Jayne

And my Heavy Bolter was stashed at the bar we were in as the large box was drawing attention.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

To clarify, McTavish is awake, so Wargamer you can RP him if you want. Not saying you have to though; there might be some benefit to feigning sleepiness.

Narric

Which part of town is closer to Maria and Hertius? I assume going to either will affect which conspirators we come across.

Mabbz

Well, the devilfish is parked north of the city and I assumed we were headed there for the moment as it's getting quite late. So St Annalina's is nearest.

Wargamer

What caste is the doctor, and is there any obvious security / monitoring?  Cameras, drones, two way mirrors, etc.

Mabbz

Whilst I imagine doctors would normally be earth caste, this particular one is human. And no, there's no obvious security (except the two guards)

Mabbz

A note on Ferin II:
The planet was rediscovered bya a rogue trader only about 140 years before the war with the Tau began. At the time the world was mostly late preindustrial, but about 60 years later when the Imperium arrived in force to forcibly reintegrate the world, it's technological level had jumped to approximately the levels of Earth in the 1960's. The influx of Imperium technology did advance the world to some extent, but mostly it's now pretty similar to Earth in the not to distant future. So if you want to have an idea of what the cities look like, it's pretty similar to modern day Earth (write what you know, after all).