News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Sanguinary Host Vs Grey Knights (1500pts)

Started by Will's on Fire, August 12, 2012, 01:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will's on Fire

So, my latest game, I decided to break out my Sanguinary Guard against a Grey Knight list. Before 6th edition I wouldn

Chicop76

Never knew you can take those angels as troops. I'm thinking for the greyknights it would be better to stick with psycannons in mass. Never was a fan of terinators of any kind, but I do like your guys which seem to be tough and was really easy to kill in the last edition.

Do you think the 200 point soap box is worth it's points now. To be honest I find myself ignoring flyers so far. Before I would try to take them out and now I just ignore them. They also seem to be trouble some to deal with late game. If you stop zooming you can die.

Will's on Fire

Yeah, Dante makes them troops, otherwise they're elites. Yeah, psycannon spam is probably a good plan, but this seems to be a good all round list that could play against most of the spectrum, it's just so that all 2+ saves is something it struggles against.

The Stormraven is very useful for the mobility, and itself can dish out some damage to tanks and infantry at the same time. It can machine spirit it's multi-melta, or assault cannon against a tank and fire the hurricane bolters and the other weapon into a squad, with psybolt the hurricane bolters are even better. It is a large portion of points though, and often won't make the points back, but the mobility and the ability to draw fire do make up for it somewhat.

At least when I've played against orks against flyers they tend to die the turn they come in, but by coming from reserve they are guaranteed to get at least one round of shooting.

- Will

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on August 12, 2012, 12:47:56 PM
Yeah, Dante makes them troops, otherwise they're elites. Yeah, psycannon spam is probably a good plan, but this seems to be a good all round list that could play against most of the spectrum, it's just so that all 2+ saves is something it struggles against.

The Stormraven is very useful for the mobility, and itself can dish out some damage to tanks and infantry at the same time. It can machine spirit it's multi-melta, or assault cannon against a tank and fire the hurricane bolters and the other weapon into a squad, with psybolt the hurricane bolters are even better. It is a large portion of points though, and often won't make the points back, but the mobility and the ability to draw fire do make up for it somewhat.

At least when I've played against orks against flyers they tend to die the turn they come in, but by coming from reserve they are guaranteed to get at least one round of shooting.

- Will

Well congrats on the win, and it is good to know that one of my most favourite thematic armies (Sanguinary Guard army) got a boost. :)

BigToof

Hi Will,
Great to see your S.Guard again.  They did get a big boost in 6th, and I'm surprised that the flier didn't do much against you.  Then again, he did hover...
Do you think that you need all three priests in the current environment?  I've been seeing less of them in people's lists lately.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Karma'd!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Will's on Fire

Quote from: BigToof on August 14, 2012, 09:59:56 PM
Hi Will,
Great to see your S.Guard again.  They did get a big boost in 6th, and I'm surprised that the flier didn't do much against you.  Then again, he did hover...
Do you think that you need all three priests in the current environment?  I've been seeing less of them in people's lists lately.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Karma'd!

I'm not sure, they got a bit of a boost, but also got a bit of a nerf. Their glaives being ap3 really hurts against Terminators... Which was their main threat in 5th as well. Only now it's even harder for them to shift them. On the upside once they get into combat anything that can deal serious damage to them, they tend to hit before so it at least gives a chance to make an impact before they die. :P

As for the priests, I'm not sure. In this list, they were their so I got furious charge to up my init and FnP so I didn't suffer so many stupid 1's against small arms fire. Now, furious charge doesn't give as much of a boost as it used to, which is annoying for wanting to deal out the damage whilst taking as little as possible and FnP is now less useful against small arms. The upside is, FnP will give me a save against plasma weapons, which is something I wouldn't get before, and they are the biggest bane for Sang guard.

The three priests are mainly there as I wanted to see how this list would carry over from 5th edition, whether it was going to turn into a pointless investment that it was going to be better to sell, and from this game they're still just as much fun to play, even if I'm now better off starting them on the board rather than in reserve. I now need to consider some changes that can be made to the list to sort it for 6th, whether things are worth dropping.

The other cool thing about a priest, is that they are characters. Therefore they can accept and give out challenges. In Dante's squad this is especially useful as the Priest can accept challenges that would otherwise mean trouble to Dante. E.g Someone with a Thunder hammer. :P

Cheers for the Karma, I'm hoping to get into the swing of writing BatReps. :)

- Will

Chicop76

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on August 14, 2012, 11:14:35 PM
Quote from: BigToof on August 14, 2012, 09:59:56 PM
Hi Will,

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Karma'd!

I'm not sure, they got a bit of a boost, but also got a bit of a nerf. Their glaives being ap3 really hurts against Terminators... Which was their main threat in 5th as well. Only now it's even harder for them to shift them. On the upside once they get into combat anything that can deal serious damage to them, they tend to hit before so it at least gives a chance to make an impact before they die. :P

As for the priests, I'm not sure. In this list, they were their so I got furious charge to up my init and FnP so I didn't suffer so many stupid 1's against small arms fire. Now, furious charge doesn't give as much of a boost as it used to, which is annoying for wanting to deal out the damage whilst taking as little as possible and FnP is now less useful against small arms. The upside is, FnP will give me a save against plasma weapons, which is something I wouldn't get before, and they are the biggest bane for Sang guard.

The three priests are mainly there as I wanted to see how this list would carry over from 5th edition, whether it was going to turn into a pointless investment that it was going to be better to sell, and from this game they're still just as much fun to play, even if I'm now better off starting them on the board rather than in reserve. I now need to consider some changes that can be made to the list to sort it for 6th, whether things are worth dropping.

The other cool thing about a priest, is that they are characters. Therefore they can accept and give out challenges. In Dante's squad this is especially useful as the Priest can accept challenges that would otherwise mean trouble to Dante. E.g Someone with a Thunder hammer. :P

Cheers for the Karma, I'm hoping to get into the swing of writing BatReps. :)

- Will

Just wanted to say furious charge just ups strength and not initiative any more.

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Chicop76 on August 16, 2012, 03:02:23 AM
Just wanted to say furious charge just ups strength and not initiative any more.

Yep, I should've put it clearer, I meant that in 5th, the upping in initiative was a big part of taking the Priest, less hits being taken = less damage suffered. Now, furious charge isn't so useful, and therefore the need for 3 priests is looking less.

- Will