News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The Heresy (Backup) - Roleplay Thread

Started by Wargamer, May 10, 2012, 01:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

Angron considered his Brothers words before he spoke, 'I would like nothing more then to continue crusading with you Brother, I'm afraid I have other commitments I must attend too. I will join you again as soon as I am able too.' Angron lead his Brothers back to their transports before heading to the bridge. Once he arrived he ordered a course be set for Terra.

Wargamer

The Eagle Legion, such as they were, responded to Horus' call. What arrived was not a Legion fleet, but a tattered, sad affair. Barely five thousand strong and severely lacking in supplies, the Legionnaires were a shell of their former selves.

Horus watched the disembarkation. Many of the soldiers had removed their helms, something rarely done in the presence of others. Some were long-faced, pale skinned men with odd eyes and teeth that fused together to form solid, beak-like growths. Others were far more extreme, to the point that it was hard to know for sure if they had ever been Human at all.
A figure in once-fine armour saluted Horus. "Eidolon, First Chapter Master and supreme commander of the Emperors... the Eagle Legion." The man's eyes, beady and bird-like, had a terrible sorrow to them. "It is an honour to be with you."
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Content that his new forces had been blooded in battle enough to shine alongside the Legions of his brothers Russ gathered his forces and sent word to Magnus that he intended to join the campaign proposed by Horus, asking that his brother join him so that they might at last take to the field of battle together as their warriors had done.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Thantos

Rouboute scrolled the data accross the screen at an alarming rate, faster than any normal man could comprehend it, words and images flashed past his eyes and he absorbed it all.
The new Eagle Legion were being crushed slowly into the dirt through constant combat and no respite. It was due to their mutation surely. They did not conform to the Emperor's ideal of perfect warriors, and they would be slowly erased from history for that.
He thought of Khan and how recently his legion was also afflicted by mutation and gene instability... would the White scars also be consigned to being erased too, if their mutation proved uncureable?

Guilliman received a message on the viewer at that moment, from Khan himself. He read it. The thought crossed his mind to voice his concerns to Khan about the fate of the mutant Eagle Warriors, and the possibility the White Scars could meet a similar fate. But he dismissed it, it would not do to sow panic - he would speak to the Emperor, to better understand. Obviously his reasons were fair, Rouboute was simply yet to understand them.

He read Khan's message again, the Alpha Legion were acting strangely if reports and data were anything to go by; convincing worlds to surrender? But he was sure the Emperor could make Alphurius see reason or unearth the truth once he was summoned. Guilliman would be with the Emperor, at his side, when Father spoke to the Alpha legion primarch. He would insist upon it.

+++ Rouboute Guilliman to Jaghati Khan+++
Brother Jaghati

Its true, rumours and fiction always follow the crusader fleets. Im sure if there was anything major amiss, then the Emperor would call us together for our input and council. it is not his way to keep us in the dark about things that concern us. The Alpha Legion has been summoned and should arrive here shortly. I share your concerns, I plan to be at the Emperor's side when he meets with our Brother and will keep you updated on anything of value I discover.
Save me some glory out there, Brother - you will surely have united the galaxy by the time i am free of this desk!

Rouboute
++++++

Wargamer

The Emperor emerged from the Astropathic chamber, still clearly weary from whatever burden lay upon his shoulders. "Robute," he said, coming to the Primarch's side. "You have served me well, my son. Return to your Legion; they have done great things in your absence, but it is unfair of me to deprive them of you any longer."
He paused, as if in thought, or perhaps viewing something far beyond the sight of mortal eyes. "I will need you in the times to come," he said quietly.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Thantos

"Thank you, Father. It does pain me to be seperated from my Legion for so long. But perhaps I can stay a little longer to receive brother Alpherius... and I also wanted to speak to you about things I hope you can help me to understand." Guilliman fell into step alongside the Emperor as they walked down a glittering marble corridor, the setting sun cast long rich rays of light through the large windows.
The Emperor nodded and asked Rouboute to voice his concerns. Guilliman waited until a band of adepts had shuffeled past, loweing his voice below what the Adeptus Costode Guards could hear.
"I would know about the Eagle Warriors, Father."

Infinity_Drive

++Corax to all Primarchs engaged in Russ' crusade++

Brothers,

It would be my honour to join you in your crusade, for i have yet to take the fight to the enemy in any true form- let this be a change to things.

Corvus

++++
I made a blog! Check it out: http://ofravenandelf.blogspot.com/

Wargamer

There was a slight tension to the Emperor when Guilliman asked about the Legion; a sense that he had known the question was coming.
"The Legion is beyond saving," the Emperor replied. "Their genetic degredation has accellerated, and without their Primarch there is no hope of saving them. The Legion would soon destroy itself; better to act before that happens, and spare them from an even more terrible fate..."

Thantos

Guilliman was silent for a second, he had half concluded this already - but just hearing the Emperor voice it, still shocked him.
"I can not pretend that it sits well with me that a legion of astartes be thrown away. Is this the only way, Father? What if their Primarch is discovered, and his Legion is already in ruins? That will be a sad way to welcome another of your Sons." The Emperor remained silent as Guilliman hissed his whispered concerns. "Surely they remain Astartes in mind, are their physical mutations really so damnning?"
They took another few steps.
"What if Khan's Legion starts to show increased mutation next? If it cant be halted, will the White Scars be renamed and forgotten too?..."

Wargamer

The Emperor halted, his face hardening at Guilliman's words. "The creation of the Legions was no easy task, Robute. That I succeeded at all with you and your brothers scattered across the stars is a feat all too easily overlooked. Yes, Khan and Angron have both known difficulties with their Legion, and had they not been here I may be contemplating their destruction. That I cannot deny... but but do not dare to presume I do this lightly. What the Eagle Legion are becoming is something best not spoken of. Would you rather I let them linger on, clinging to a fool's hope, watching as their honour and glory is forgotten and they devolve into primordeal spawn?"
He looked out of one of the Palaces many windows, watching as yet another transport, laden with supplies, boosted up into the heavens. "If the Legion is to die, I would wish that they die in combat; that history will always remember the sacrifices they made for the Imperium. Let them be remembered with honour. In time, should their Primarch return to us, they can be reborn again. Until that day, they are beyond my power to save."

Thantos

Guilliman thought for a second he had pushed too hard on the matter, but he knew the Emperor to be right - the Eagle Warriors where a stain on the ideal of an Astartes.
"You are right of course. I am sorry, Father. Now I better understand." Guilliman bowed his head.
"The Eagle Warriors would unsettle the Imperium; to know that Astartes could become so twisted. As you say, a fresh start with new genestock when their Primarch is found, is the best outcome for all. But this lingering on .... and drawn out destruction ..... it condemns the Eagle Warriors to a slow drawn out death, there is little honour in that!"

"Why not have me take them with the Ultramarines! I will ensure they are given a chance to earn the honour in death they deserve?"
Guilliman smiled solemnly, his mind already working on stratagems that would place the Eagle Warriors in the crux of battle among his Marines, he also was thinking what he could learn from them...

Captain Selus smiled at Lord Admiral Hackett and bowed to him in the style of the old Terran Navy High-Born, the act was not lost on the old Admiral and he grinned back.
"A pleasure to meet you at last, Lord Hackett. Your reputation precedes you: Your manoeuvres from the Lasrax Engagement are standard reading for Astartes naval cadets. Im glad to finally meet the man behind the textbook" They were not standard reading, Selus had only researched them an hour previous, but Selus thought he would start with some flattery.
"That is very kind of you, Captain Selus." smiled the bearded Lord Admiral, "Many scholars in the Imperial Navy consider my manoeuvres not to be relevant with the new breeds of heavier warships."
"There will never be a time, Lord Admiral, when a full broadside will not be relevant to the enemies of mankind!" grinned Selus mischievously. Hackett laughed heartily and clapped the Captain on his arm.
"Quite right, good man, quite right! May i offer you some Amsec?" Hackett was pouring himself a glass regardless.
"Thankyou my Lord." Selus sat on the audience chamber couch, even stripped of his armour and in a formal bodysuit, he still caused the furniture to creak under his weight.

Hackett returned with two glasses and sat opposite.
"So what brings you to see an old Admiral? Im sorry my colleagues cannot be here too, its rather busy at the moment, all this... paperwork..." he trailed off with a sad glance at the floor.
"Primarch Rouboute Guilliman wishes to build an army to work alongside the Legion, one made from men, not marines." Selus sipped the drink, it was a very good vintage.
"Thats good for sure - more men, more worlds, more soldiers, more paperwork..."
Captain Selus smiled inwardly as he devised a way to win this Admirals favour "And nobody to train the Naval Cadets, or lead the fleet." He shook his head sadly and Hackett raised an eyebrow.
He continued. "This is probably a long shot, as im sure your skills are vital here with your fellow Lord Admirals..." he paused dramatically. "But I wonder if you would like to take the position of Fleetmaster with the new Fleet? We need someone with ships and experience, someone to teach the recruits and to be at the helm of the Fleet Flagship." Selus saw the light enter Hackett's eyes and knew he'd hit the right button - the old Admiral was bored, and like all old men, he longed for the old glory days. Of course, they didnt need his experience or teaching, they just needed his ships - but if he had to place this old war hero in the position of Fleet Commander, then so be it.

"My own fleet?" mused the Lord Admiral.
"Your own fleet, my Lord. That is, if your colleagues can handle all the administration, tactics and paperwork here without you? Would you be able to pull yourself away?"

The Man They Call Jayne

+++Magnus the Red to Horus Lupercal+++

Of course my brother, your men are welcome to join us. Have them come to Prospero and they may join us in training. If you wish then to be engaged in battle that I will make arrangement for this to be so alongside my own Thousand Sons. I will bring them much Glory in your name.

Magnus

Magnus and his men would return to Prospero to await these arrivals. Recruitment was also important at this time, as was further study, however the men of the Horus' Legion were warriors and needed to be treated as such. He would make use of them while he had them.

Expansion into the space around Prospero, taking new worlds into the fold, gathering new resources to train his men, all these things were essential. In case of seperation from Terra, Prospero needed to be self sustaining on a large scale.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

silverfuge

Curze sat absently listening to the debates being had between his captains, still enjoying being able to help his father and brothers. The sudden rise in volume caught his attention. Captain Tyross had just finished reading the reports of commincations going on between the primarchs. Always quick to anger and this time was no different. "They snub us, have we not shown that we are capable warriors?, have we not shown that we will not turn from any enemy? yet they snub us like they have done with the emporers children"

Curze rose from his chair curious to see the object of one of his most firey captains. he looked at the data stick before him and rose an eye brow. "surely you cannot deny the snub we suffer be Horus? he calls the largest force of primarchs since we left Terra and he deliberiatly leaves us out" Curze casually offers "maybe he thinks we need a rest from our latest campaign?" "Rest, A REST" screamed Tyross, "have the others fought less than us? no they also have been busy but they are invited"   Curze responded almost as a whisper "Then perhaps you are too loud for his enhanced hearing? I do not know why we were not asked to join Horus and the others, maybe it is tactical and they feel we are better serving where we are or maybe they feel our recent time in the limelight may over shadow them? But I ask does it matter, my brothers reasons are their own. I care for the emporers will and that is that we protect mankind and that is what we will do. Now I need to go and establish our next plan of action"

With this Curze turned and left the room, he knew he gained a little bit of time for him to gather more facts about what was going on but he also knew more of his captains would be swayed by Tyross and his fury. Best stick him somewhere with lots of enemies soon.
Gm is God

El ShasOcho

Perturabo felt good about what was going on around him. The crusades had been successful, and although he had suffered heavy losses his legion was stronger for it. This new crusade would surely bring much glory to the Iron Warriors, and hopefully please his father. He pondered what he had seen before and what it could mean. Only time could tell for sure, for now he would just have to trust his instincts and tread carefully. The downfall of the Eagle Legion was disturbing, and Perturabo hoped his warrior's brown skin would never cause father to reject them.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Rarity Declis

Horus sat in the room, deep in thought whilst the Mournival gathered.

"Well, my sons, it seems this has been a wonderful success. Many of my brothers have come. Peturabo will soon become my dear brother, as with Magnus."

"But my lord, there appears to have been a miscommunication. Magnus seems to believe that you would send him Luna Wolves, when you suggest that you would both take care of the Eagle Legion? How will you say no?" asked Aximand, his face amusingly similar to Horus'.

Horus laughed. "I shall not say no. Magnus is a dear ally, and many, many forces, far beyond what I imagined, have come for glory. That is why I shall ask Captain Aximand to go and meet once more with my brother. He knows him well."

Captain Aximand grinned. "This isn't because I brought it up, is it?"

Horus laughed. "No, little one, it is because the 2nd has been fighting with me for a while. I want all of my warriors to be of kin with the Thousand Sons. The 1st Chapter has already done so. And Abaddon will also have duties that take him from the fighting soon."

Aximand bowed. Abaddon went bright red. "Father, you would take me from the fighting? You would take me from the forefront?" He snarled.

Horus slammed his fist down. "Yes, boy, and I would do so again." He stared down Abaddon until the Captain looked away. "I have made a grievous mistake. The Night Lords apparently feel shunned by me not asking them to take part in this Crusade. I had thought they were too busy to take part, but of course, Curze is a warrior and a brother to me, I should have known he would have wanted to take part."
"That is why I am sending you, First Captain Ezekyle Abaddon. I am sending my First Captain, and the entire First Chapter, to go and meet with Curze and his men. You will carry my apologies, where I am not able to, and in person. And then you will present another chance for his Legion to be given glory. If I ask him to join us now, he will be shamed, and I will not allow that. Instead, I shall ask for another favour, something that will show him that I trust him with all my heart, and something that is dear and personal to our Legion. That is what I trust you with, Abaddon. Now, will you do it, or do I need another First Captain?"

Abaddon stiffly nodded, before storming out. Horus sighed. "What other business do we have?"

"What of the Crusade, my lord?" asked Aximand. "You are sending away two thirds of the Luna Wolves, and the entire Mournival."

"I will be recalling the 4th, and Sejanus to the Crusade front. Hopefully, they will not be needed anymore for that duty."

Aximand looked down his data-slate. "Corax has approached Russ to join this Crusade."

Horus looked surprised and happy. "Corax is back to the field of war?" Then a slight frown appeared. "And asked Russ, not I, to join this Crusade?" He thought for a moment. "I shall ask Russ to accept on my behalf. I will not undermine my brother publicly, even if Corax would do so to me. Now go, I have messages to pen."

+++Horus Lupercal to Leman Russ+++

Dear Brother,

To send so many and yourself personally, I am deeply honoured. I shall thank you in person, and eagerly await your arrival. On another note, I hear Brother Corax has approached you to join the Crusade? It is good you bring yet another brother with us. I would ask if you could accept him on my behalf.

Horus

+++Horus Lupercal to Magnus the Red+++

Dear Magnus,

I send my second company. I wish only to deepen the connection between our Legions, and Abaddon has learned as his thick-skull is willing to. As such, I am sending Captain Aximand to also learn and forge brotherly bonds. I am touched by your willingness to treat them with all due honour.

Horus

+++Horus Lupercal to the God-Emperor of Mankind+++

Dear Father,

I am stricken to hear of the fate of the Eagle Legion. I too know the pain of mutation. My Legion and I wish to personally command a few Chapters of the Eagle Legion, so they may be used in a positive manner for the Imperium, and so they may earn glory for their name. I too know the pain of mutation.

Horus.

+++Horus Lupercal to Roboute Guilliman+++

To my brother,

Thank you for the command of the 7th and 8th Chapters. I am honoured by your trust, and your belief in my Crusade that you would send men even if you couldn't come. Also, I have heard of the plight of the Eagle Legion. Brother, we cannot let them be destroyed for a fluke of genetics. Allow Father to see that they must be given a chance to shine once more.

Horus.

Abaddon's small fleet reached the Raven Guard fleet, and sent out a communique to be allowed an audience with Corax.

+++To the Raven Guard Legion and the Primarch Corax, this is First Captain Abaddon of the Luna Wolves of Horus Lupercal. My primarch has sent me with a request for glory, something he has been planning for a while and is dear to him and his Legion, and believes that you are both capable and in the unique position to be able to deal with. I request a personal audience.+++

"Peturabo!" Horus slapped him on the shoulder. "I'm glad you could come with me on this Crusade. Leman is on his way as well, you know, with 8 full Chapt... No, he calls them Great Companies now. And many other brothers may be coming as well. But you were here first! It is good you are coming with me."