News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Orks VS. Chaos Marines/Chaos 2k (EPIC SHOWDOWN!)

Started by Waaaghpower, April 29, 2013, 08:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

So, I'm gonna write this up in narrative format, pausing occasionally to explain what happened in terms of tabletop effects. Briefly I'll go over lists, but since I can't remember what he had and it's a narrative more than a straight up report, I'll be brief.
I brought a Biker Boss, a KFF Mek, biker nobz, two groups of shoota boys inside battlewagons, 2 dakkajets, a group of Stormboyz (plus Zagstruk), lootas, and burnas inside a looted wagon. The burnas had one Mek with a Kustom Mega Blasta inside. (That's important.)
He brought two groups of Nurgle marines, (Not quite sure what they are all called, but they're hard as heck to kill,) Typhus, the Great Unclean one, a squad of pleagebearers, 2 helldrakes, a Soul Grinder, a rhino, obliterators, an Aegis Defense Line (with Quadgun,) and a vindicator.

BEGIN!
As the dawn began to rise, the orks surveyed their foe across the battlefield. Battle hadn't yet begun, but the roar of engines rang out in the night as the meks line of tanks fired to life, billows of smoke and greasy air piled from them. The boss's retinue mounted their mechanical steeds, warbikes choking the nearby plant life with exhaust.
The boss, ready for battle, called out to his men. "Let's show 'dese gitz wut da orkses are made of! 'Dey fink dey gots da best of us wot wif da big mek, but dey aint seen nuffin' yet! We gots us an even betta mek who ain't gonna work for no gitz! Wait for 'dem to get comfy, 'den we charge da gitz and show 'em wut we can do." They laid low, as the chaos forces massed and prepared to strike.
I was playing against the boyfriend of another ork player who beat me last week, so in my fluff I'm pretending that they were traitor orks hired by chaos. I rolled high for deployment and chose to let him go first, seeing as he had almost no long range and I could use the advantage of seeing his deployment. My lootas were in cover, all fast attack choices in reserves, biker nobz on the left flank, and tanks all within 6" of the lead tank (which held my KFF.) Deployment was lengthwise, so we both had a 4' by 2' square to set up. Game type was standard 5 objectives. He planted his Aegis along most of his deployment zone, gave his cheap pleaguebearers the quad gun, put one squad of marines in the Rhino, put Abbadon in the other, (Both on the left flank,) kept the Great Unclean One and both helldrakes in reserves, and put everything else in a gun line behind his defense line.

As the chaos gunline fired to life, stray shots breaking into the morning sun, the boss grinned. "WAAAAAAAAGGHHH!!!" he called, rallying the troops and signalling the mek to have his tanks rolling forward. Loota fire crackled to life and machines of war rolled forward, gunfire pittering harmlessly against the thick armor plating or being deflected by the crackling energy field surrounding the mek. A couple bikes got shot down and crashed, stripping away layers of nobz and leaving only the toughest ones left.
Turn one, almost nothing happened. My two least important biker nobz (and therefore the ones at the front) whiffed on a ton of armor saves and died, but other than that almost no damage was done with shooting. No squads were killed, and maybe five models died all in all.

Turn two: Where it starts to get bloody.
The lootas were in the process of reloading when, before their very eyes, an unspeakable horror materialized in front of them. Twenty feet tall, made of living pus and ooze, a monster flickered into sight and then vanished, seemingly into the air. Surprised, they diverted their gaze when a helldrake swooped high above them, scorching flesh. They stood courageous, though, yelling insults and returning fire into the plane. It pattered harmlessly against the great warmachine, causing all but superficial damage. However, the helldrake proved to be the only chaos beast to be so lucky.
Arriving just within range of their flamers, the burna boys crowded to the front of their stolen tank, shoving for a chance to scorch some chaos. Pleagubearers found their wounds cauterized and sterelized by molten hot prometheum and squig beer that was set alight and thrown at them. All but one died, and he took this chance to dig into some cover. Meanwhile, boys piled out of the Big Mek's battlewagon just in time before he careened into oncoming fire, smashing into the enemy tankline and crippling the six-legged beast which fired helplessly but caused no real damage. Boys, recognizing their target, crashed into Typhus and his men, just as Zagstruk's own men fell from the sky and removed the Devestators from existence.
Basically, it happened as described. His guns failed to do anything, one Helldrake didn't make it in, and the great unclean one scattered into terrain and went back into active reserves. I deff rolla'd the Soul Grinder and caused 3 hull points, to which his soul grinder did... nothing. It tried to assault me back, but whiffed.

Turn three: It gets bloodier.
Flickering again, the Great Unclean one failed to show up once more. Apparently having engine troubles, the second helldrake remained behind the lines, not yet coming in. Eager to fight, though, his orkey counterpart flew in without qualms, engaging in aerial combat. The chaos beast of the air flew over the Mek's tanks, causing little damage. Even his scorching breath failed to injure anything, singing clothes but not hurting the Nobz at which he fired. Abbadon, meanwhile, finished off the last ork Boy which had charged him... Only to find himself victim of a charging squad of Stormboyz, energized from killing the Devestators. Zagstruk himself crashed into Typhus, wounding him severely but failing to finish him off before Typhus raised his scepter and ran him through. Meanwhile, the boss and his retinue split up, one killing the nearby Rhino and the other killing the marines which had just chosen to pile out of it. Casualties were taken on both sides, but the bloodshed wasn't yet over. Meanwhile, across the harsh and battered landscape, Battlewagons rolled forward and finished off the tank line. The Chaos Vindicator managed to fire one last shell, straight into the Burnas... But failed to damage them as the powerful shell shattered harmlessly against the Chaos's own defense line.
"Come on, boyz! Man da quad gun!" This was the call of the mek as the burnas took over the stolen gun, firing it at the now vulnerable helldrake. Combined with a devastating amount of shots from the Dakkajets, it was finally brought down.
Once again, about what it sounds like. His Vindicator fired into my Burna boys, but they had already gone to ground and, with the combination of the Aegis defense line, gained a 2+ cover save. I didn't lose a single burna.

Turn 4: This turn just hurt.
Flickering again, the Great Unclean one finally showed up. A little far away, but still close enough to cause some damage. Attempting to psychically weaken his foes, he did little and hurt himself from the strain. The big boss, sensing a tough target, realized that Typhus' head would look excellent on his trophy rack and signaled the Biker Nobz, signalling them to crash into their foes. Slamming that way, the Warboss raised his claw and traded blows with the plagued leader, laughing as he smashed Typhus head into pulp. Laughing, at least, until he saw the blade jammed into his chest and slumped over, as dead as Typhus was.
Meanwhile, the new Helldrake soared overhead, prepared to wreak havoc on the troops. Looking around, the little Mek in the big burnas squad waved at the quad gun. "Man da gun, boyz!" he shouted. Firing, though, the boy manning it missed entirely, bullets spraying into the air but causing no damage. Scowling, the mek said, "I'll show you gitz how it'z dun." Raising his Kustom Mega Blasta, he adjusted the sights and realized the Helldrake was just barely within range. Perfect. Firing, he caught it on the engine and ignited a chain reaction which sent it crashing to the ground.
Marines dead and Orks tattered but alive, the last two Biker Nobz holstered their claws and turned around, seeing the great unclean on. Grinning, they reared their engines and got ready to charge.
Typhus was close enough to death that my Warboss was able to finish him off, but having just two wounds left himself, found that Typhus could easily kill him as well. My lone mek fired at the Helldrake with his gun, then rolled a 6 (which was needed to hit, it was a snap shot,) a 5, (he needed a 5 or 6 to pen,) and then another 5. (He needed a 5 or 6 to kill it, because of AP2.) It was pretty cool.
Oh, and the Great Unclean One whiffed with his Enfeeble spell, rolling an eleven. Trying again, he rolled double 6s and took a wound. He didn't use his last warp charge, saving it for a Witchfire attack which did nothing.

The battle was won. The orks still had a massive beast to deal with, but a couple of Dakkajets, the remains of the lootas, and a couple Biker Nobz took him down relatively easily. Not a soul remained on the Chaos side of the battle. (Pun intended.)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

BigToof

Sounds like a gruesome game, but quite fun!
Liked the fluff as well and hope to see you doing more!

Pics or a map might help to visualize the overall game if you can...

In any case, karma'd!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3