News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Finecast is on the Out

Started by Narric, November 13, 2013, 08:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Rumour I've picked up from IGMB.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?36951-Finecast-is-Dead

Personally, I always found Metal kits, and by extension Finecast kits, to be ridiculous. Both in the price, and the fact that they made your army look like clones, without any real soul.

What are everybodies thoughts on this? I can say I have seen a decline of even Finecast Characters, so its not exactly ground breaking news if they are.

Begel Dverl

Rumor has it that the Tyranids will be the first army to have flushed out Finecast/Metal characters and models.

Sorck

To be honest I'd rather they kept a nice metal range... or should I say restored it.

Fiinecast has never been particularly good so I'm thankful that that's going but it'd be a shame to have everything as plastic kits. I assure you it won't make things any cheaper for customers though. That's not in GW's style these days. Cutting costs does not lead to cutting prices.

I might finally buy the miniatures I've been eyeing for a long time... I want to current miniatures line models. :P

salamut2202

Cammerz

I only have one Finecast model, my Bloodthirster, and I've been very happy with it. I've modelled him to be flying and there's no way a metal one would have lasted this long without breaking.

That said, Finecast is very expensive and I'd be very happy to see everything becoming normal plastic (as long as the price comes down a suitable amount, if the price stays the same then I'm not sure I see any benefit).

Narric

The only Finecast model I ever bought was the Dark Angels Company Master. A few bubbles here and there to be honest. I personally found it TOO soft, as I nearly chopped off the unhelmeted heads' nose of whilst cleaning the mold lines.

Frankly I've been getting better resin parts from non-GW suppliers and I don't pay through the nose with them.

I can admit that Finecast > Metal, but Plastic > Finecast in terms of price and sturdyness.

The Allfather

I also only have one finecast model, a Dark Eldar big brain thingy (blanking on the name), it was definitely way too soft. I think I accidentally cut off a spike while cleaning it up, not really any bubbles though. I'm certainly not sad to see finecast go, but I'm not looking forward to being charged the same premium price for non-premium stuff.

Paradoxrifts

I just thought that I'd share with you some of the memorable, heart-warming and genuinely positive experiences that I've had with Finecast  since it was introduced..

That is all. :P