News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Second Sphere Campaign – Storm of the Centaurus Arm

Started by Narric, May 10, 2013, 08:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railgun Convention

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 13, 2013, 09:17:11 PM
" the Moderation team"

Please enjoy Warhammer 40'000 responsibly.

:P
Well, you are talking about high-heat plasma, small ICBMs, and mechs with giant hammers, just to name a few of the more sane things out there. What part of that shouldn't be moderated? :P
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Chicop76

I played a few vassal games and wouldn't mind playing one. I think team speak, ventillo, oovoo, etc would help move things along. That way you don't have to type everything which slows up game play.

I think you should do the terrain. Simply becase terrain can be rather confusing. 40k version 3 and 4 are great for vassal while 5 and 6 presents problems due to true line of sight.

Narric

Quote from: Chicop76 on May 14, 2013, 02:53:05 AM
I think you should do the terrain. Simply becase terrain can be rather confusing. 40k version 3 and 4 are great for vassal while 5 and 6 presents problems due to true line of sight.
Do you mean the "Observer" set-ups terrain? OR that players agree before the game starts what the characteristics of each piece of terrain is?

Railgun Convention

An independent observer would be good for judging heights and stuff, so basically, they host/set up the board?

Anyway, if anyone wants to try setting up a test game, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Really? No one? Cor, this is boring :P

Narric

Alrighty then.

I'm hoping some of you have played a game or two with Vassal. For those that are at a complete lose, I will be avaiable to game against so you can get your bearings with the system.

I have a new skype set-up, so if you guys are interested, send me a note.

Make sure you have the most recent Vassal, and 40k Module ready and installed, unless you need help with that also. :P

Would be cool to get this Campaign started before the end of June :P

Will's on Fire

I can possibly throw myself into this if it's not too late? :)

- Will

Railgun Convention

Sure :). Narric and I had a test game last night, which went well (for me, anyway). If Narric is available, we can try a test game with observer.

Narric

Posted up a very simplified Battle Report in the board :P

Narric

*Le Bump*

Re-kindling some form of interest.

I need to keep on top of my activites on this forum :P

Mabbz

Well, now that I actually know how to use vassal I am far more interested in this.

Narric

Knew it was a good idea to search for it. Just found a nice pack of 18 Vassal Ready maps.

This is great for myself personally, but also highly useful for this campaign, as Map generation is the most time consuming part.

The Download is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?edp5iysxp31c27y
And here you can preview the maps in the pack: http://s540.photobucket.com/user/miggles72/library/Vassal%20Maps?sort=3&page=1

If we use one map per round, that gives us the chance to have up to 18 rounds of this campaign, before considering different deployment types. Alternatively, it can be rolled for which map can be used per game, with repeated maps up to the players to decide if it should be re-rolled.