News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The Heresy (backup) - Mechanics thread

Started by Wargamer, May 10, 2012, 01:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infinity_Drive

Corax and the 1st to 5th will divert from the crusade at the nearest possible opportunity, and engage the eldar threat at Cthonia.
I made a blog! Check it out: http://ofravenandelf.blogspot.com/

silverfuge

Chapters 1-5 and Curze to engage the ork threat
Chapters 6 -10 to recruit
Gm is God

Wargamer

Typical: the Night Lord sneaks in under the radar at the last minute. :P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

silverfuge

That's how we work lol although since you didn't do my recruiting last turn can I get double chance this turn?
Gm is God

Wargamer

HORUS' CRUSADE:
The Space Wolves: At the head of the army, the Sons of Russ bore the brunt of some of the most terrible fighting imaginable. An entire Great Company perished during the cleansing of a nameless Fortress-world that refused to bow to the Emperor's armies, but the world was duly taken. The Wolves were efficient in their duties, turning the world from the bane of the Crusade to a mighty bastion where ships could refuel and re-arm, and ground forces could be stationed in preparation for future assaults. The might of the Space Wolves was proven beyond question that day.
It is said that the Emperor himself has taken note of the feat of strength the Space Wolves accomplished.
One Great Company has been lost. One Great Company has achieved Veteran status.

Iron Warriors: As Russ fought on the ground, Pertuabo fought in the void. Losses were great, both in terms of fleet and manpower, but the Iron Warriors would not be driven back so easily. The rebel world had allies, and their fleet was said to be so vast it dwarfed the combined Legions, yet with Pertuabo at the helm the attack was halted, blunted, and driven back.
Much honour was won, but the cost in resources was high.
One Chapter has been lost.

Ultramarines: As the Legions of Russ and Pertuabo licked their wounds and secured their foothold, the Ultramarines pushed on. Driving headlong into the resistance fleet sent reeling by the Iron Warriors, the Ultramarines were able to secure three worlds in as many weeks. By the time the Space Wolves and Iron Warriors caught up with the Ultramarines, the planet was already in open rebellion, it's population forsaking their kings in favour of Imperial rule.
The 7th and 8th Chapters worked to establish sound infrastructure on these newly claimed worlds, working with liasons back at the fortress world, which became known as "The Foothold" by Army groups. In record time, supply lines were being established and protocols put in place to maximise efficiency of all forces operating in the region. The Ultramarines may not have had anything like as much glory in combat, but their growing reputation as pacifiers and rulers of worlds was expanding. This could only bring the Legion more favour with the Imperium's rulers.

Raven Guard: With many more worlds still to be claimed, Corax took his own path. Two star systems fell without a fight, their leaders pleading to be spared the fury they had seen unleashed on others. Corax was merciful, and left army groups to convert the populace to the Imperial Truth.
It was as the Raven Guard turned to join the Luna Wolves and push into Ork space that the unthinkable happened; the Primarch was laid low. Ork ships by the hundred swarmed the Raven Gaurd as they entered the theatre, and Corax's flagship was boarded. In the fighting, Corax was dealt a mighty blow by the Ork Warlord; a strike that would have killed an Astartes a hundred times over.

It is said that as Corax's blood struck the deck, the entire Legion was driven into a frenzy. Not a single Ork survived the counter-attack, and such was their lust for revenge that the Legion pushed onward ever harder, smashing every line of resistance until the system was purged of every last Greenskin vessel. Only then did they turn planetside to join the Luna Wolves in the ground war, whilst Corax retired to lick his wounds.

That a Primarch could be wounded at all was a chiling thought to many, and there were those within the Legion and without who wondered just how close Corax had come to death that day...

Luna Wolves: Supported by the Eagle Legion, the Luna Wolves tore into the Ork Empires they found with ruthless efficiency. Supported every step of the way by their Primarchless brethren, the two Legions made good headway, ultimately being reinforced by the Raven Guard as their momentum began to stall.

The ground war that followed was terrible to behold, yet the Remembrancers were masters of their art and, though the Luna Wolves may have claimed the war as 'nothing special', the reports that reached Terra were such that some men believed the greatest Ork Empire that had ever existed was now burning at the feet of Horus.

Yet not all was well. The losses suffered had been great, both in orbit and on the ground. Worst of all, there was a dark rumour that lingered on, as such malicious things have a way of doing. It was claimed by some that the 5th Chapter was deliberately left unsupported by the Eagle Legion, its men allowed to perish at Orks hands so the avian mutants could have the glory for themselves.

Other rumours, darker still, claimed the Legion had turned its weapons on the Luna Wolves themselves.

The Eagle Legion 5th and Luna Wolves 5th have both been lost.

Night Lords:
Embittered at being excluded from the great undertaking, the Night Lords threw themselves into the task of slaughtering the myriad of little Ork realms that still lingered on the bleeding edge of Imperial space. It was thankless work, work that saw many Light Lords killed, but it was a duty they did without complaint.
Whether they knew it or not, their efforts caught attention. Perhaps not the grant glory of Horus' undertaking, nor the honourable duties of the Blood Angels as they filled their role as the Emperor's Vanguard, but the Night Lords were respected and admired for their work, in their own way.

Despite their horrific losses on the front line, the rapid recruitment of fresh forces counteracted their casualties. Veterans from the depleted Chapters worked tirelessly to pass on their skills to the new blood, strengthening the Legion overall.
6th Chapter now has 'Blitzkrieg' veteran skill

Warhounds:
New recruits were coming in steadily, and older recruitment programs were bearing fruit. The Legion no longer relied upon its Terran sources of old; Angron felt confident to declare his Legion fully free of such emergency measures.
One new Chapter created.

Ultramarines:
Guilliman's vision as coming to fruition. The Ultramarine Legion was securing worlds along vital trade routes, promoting growth in industry and culture on every world they landed on. Slowly, the Imperial Navy was coming around to the Primarch's plans, although it would be some time before they were entirely accepting. On Macragge and the surrounding worlds, the new army - the Imperial Guard, was taking shape. New officers studied reports from the front and requisitioned Leman Russ's new-model tanks; fighting vehicles that better suited the doctrine of the Guard. Macragge may not have had many Legio Astartes to guard it, but it had an army that was second to none.
Imperial Guard units are being recruited on Macragge. Ultramarine fame has grown.

White Scars:
Despite the Emperor's work, the gene-flaw had taken its toll. Entire stocks were compromised, and there would be a delay of years in future recruitment. Fresh conscriptions were made and new aspirants were placed into the care of the Legion Apothecaries. In time, the White Scars would grow and prosper, but for now all they could do was patch what holes remained in their existing Chapters.

Raven Guard:
A mass recruitment program was underway to bring the already significant Raven Guard strengths up to ever higher numbers. Alas, it seemed these accellerated rates were causing more pronounced outbreaks of genetic instability. The so-called "Raven-Kin" were common amongst the fresh intakes quick-bred for front line combat.
In the end, little was gained for the Chapter's efforts.
One "unstable" Chapter has been recruited.

Luna Wolves:
Peace had returned to Cthonia; the threat of the Eldar, and other hostile forces was fading from the minds of the people, and many instead turned to the prospect of joining the Legion. The Chapters charged with training the aspirants worked dilligently, choosing only the best and brightest, being far more strict with their selection process than most Legions were. This, perhaps, kept their numbers low, but the Luna Wolves would claim that their new recruits were the rival of many battle-hardened Brothers. Perhaps those boasts had some truth to them...
One Chapter has been recruited. Chapter has Veteran status.

Space Wolves:
The Aett would take a lifetime to build, or so they said. The First Chapter watched the Mechanicus work as a wolf watches a herd, waiting to pounce upon any that showed weakness, or strayed from their kin. One day, the Aett would be a wonder of the Imperium, but that was many, many years away yet...

Across the region surrounding Fenris, deeds of great heroism were abound. Legend - and it was legend within minutes of the first telling - said that two Chapters of Space Wolves had chased down Eldar Pirates into Hel itself, battling these foul xenos in a nightmarish other-realm of insane geography and unholy design. The had killed and killed until even the blood-crazed Eldar had seen their fill, and they withdrew only at the pleadings of their shipmasters.

Yes, it had been costly, but the feat was heroic beyond measure! Surely now the Eldar would learn their lesson, and would never again cross the Imperium so flippantly!
Space Wolf fame has grown considerably.

Thousand Sons:
The Thousand Sons have reached Cadia.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Rarity Declis

The 1st Chapter has returned to the Legion. Abaddon has been removed from his position. Captain Loken has been elevated to position of First Captain, and given a place on the Mournival.
The 5th Chapter's destruction has meant the death of Captain Aximand. Captain Vipus, of the newly raised 6th Chapter, has been promoted to his place.
Abaddon has removed from position and now awaits Horus' final judgement.

If possible, the 2nd Chapter shall return from fighting alongside Magnus, and get recruiting on Cthonia.
The 1st, 3rd and 6th Chapters of the Luna Wolves, led by Horus, shall secure and consolidate the worlds won, make them loyal, get the local populace back on track, and generally repair and rebuild on the newly won ground.
The 4th Chapter shall conduct a lot of research along the worlds that were won, especially the large Forgeworld "Foothold", and whatever technology is found, shall be spread among the Ultramarines, Raven Guard, Iron Warriors and Space Wolves. NOT the Eagle Warriors.
The 7th Chapter shall await the arrival of the 2nd, if possible, and continue to recruit on Cthonia using the newly won glory to make people want to sign up.

The Ultramarines 7th and 8th shall, if Roboute likes, help the Luna Wolves in establishing the newly won ground and showing the Luna Wolves how it is done.

Peturabo is asked by Horus if he will help the rebuilding by managing the new fortresses being made, since he is the expert in such things, with the help of the Luna Wolves.

The 3 remaining Eagle Warrior Chapters (since 1 Chapter is meeting with Magnus) shall be spread as such:
The 1st Chapter shall be given to Russ to look over, if he allows it.
The 2nd Chapter shall be given to Peturabo to look over, if he allows it.
5 Companies of the 3rd Chapter shall work with the Ultramarines.
5 Companies shall be spread among the 4 Chapters of Luna Wolves currently working on the Crusade front, and watched very, very carefully.

El ShasOcho

Did the iron warriors who were recruiting and crusading accomplish anything?

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Rarity Declis

Quote from: El ShasOcho on May 15, 2012, 01:12:20 PM
Did the iron warriors who were recruiting and crusading accomplish anything?

Iron Warriors: As Russ fought on the ground, Pertuabo fought in the void. Losses were great, both in terms of fleet and manpower, but the Iron Warriors would not be driven back so easily. The rebel world had allies, and their fleet was said to be so vast it dwarfed the combined Legions, yet with Pertuabo at the helm the attack was halted, blunted, and driven back.
Much honour was won, but the cost in resources was high.
One Chapter has been lost.

Well, you could help search for technology on "Foothold" with my 4th, and I'm asking if you could build the Fortresses and help set up the newly captured ground, since you're the man to go to with that. Plus, the Luna Wolves really like hanging around with the Iron Warriors, but that's nothing new. *Primarch-fist-bump*

Wargamer

I seem to have missed those orders. See, this is why I made a thread and asked you people to check it! :P

Which Chapters were crusading, and which were recruiting?

El ShasOcho

3-6 were recruiting, 8-10 were crusading, although I just realized I lost a chapter last turn so 10 is the one that died. And 7 will be the one that is gone this turn.

Wargamer

Iron Warriors:
Crusading efforts have been mediocre at best; progress is slow, and lacking in the glory. Worlds are brought to heal, and there is certainly need for the Legionaires, but there is none of the great glory your Brothers earn elsewhere.

On Olympia, your efforts are at least bearing fruit; another Chapter has been raised to replace forces lost in glorious combat.

InsaneTD

1st chapter will be traing the local pdf to better defend my home world and recruit.
2nd & 3rd will be training together and recruiting.

Angron and 4th - 7th chapters will join Cruze if he accepts my request, otherwise they will be crusading.

OOC, Wargamer, I can't think of a name for my homeworld. I besiege of you to name this planet for your humble fan. :P

El ShasOcho

Are those fighting in Horus's crusade gaining fame or whatever it is called?
Chapters 1, 2, the recreated 7, and Perturabo will continue on Horus's crusade. The created chapter is 7. Chapter 9 will return to olympia to help out with recruiting and training, while chapter 8 will join with Horus's crusade.

Wargamer

Yes; your Legion is gaining some renown for your efforts. ;)

As for the homeworld... how about "Spartica?" :P

InsaneTD

:facepalm: I'm gonna be stuck with that now ain't I? Still, I can't come up with anything better.