News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

2S UK Meetup: FULL DETAILS

Started by Chris, September 12, 2013, 09:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Greetings fellow inter web dwellers.
Something I have been thinking about recently... why don't we have a meet up again? The forum is low on the ground at the moment and it could be a great opportunity to recruit some fresh blood, plus we could get some games in and have fun meeting each other in the flesh!

So this is a very half baked thought, but what do we reckon?

Narric

Depends on location.

I could possibly get to anywhere with a Train/Bus Station.

I'm not sure I'd personally feel comfortable in Warhammer World. but thats more becuase I don't like GW. Don't expect me to make any purchases. Sorta miss bugmans.

Another option could be for Salute, in South London. Set for 14th of April 2014 for next event. I put this forward as we'd get our name out to several companies, which may make us favourable for contest prize donations.

Thantos

Sounds like a nice idea ;D Id like to come. We saying "meeting", or "boozefest"? :P I only ask coz the apothecary says my implanted Preomnor organ has failed, so Thantos cant drink too much any more... so ill have to bring some warpdust instead!

Chris

I say we meet up at WHW for the weekend. We could arrange a trip to salute too though.... I'll see if I can put together some form of rough plan over the weekend. But for tonight, I'm going to see Hacktivist!

Narric

Bumping this :P

When should we organise this for?

If we do crowd Salute, maybe July/August would be a good idea, as most of our British Uni-goers will be able to come, and for us non-uni-gouers, its a decent time of the year to book some holiday time from work.

It will be interesting to see what happens to me though, as I will probably not have any GW miniatures :P Just Codexi and rulebook. I'll definately be able to play as Chaos, as I always did prefer infantry focused lists.

Narric

Sorry for the double post.

I've moved this thread out of the Enclave, so that younger members can see it, and know that we're not just about sitting in front of our computers and personal hobby benches. We are a community who want to have fun together, and that is gaming should always be about centrally.

Also, I regret to say I will not be that able to attend a Meetup in 2014. I have my Wedding to plan an attend (second part is definately the most important) and I have also decided to return to college (location and course not yet set in stone for now) so I will not have the luxury of time to attend :(

Hopefully, when this does finally pick up speed, the Meetup will be a great experience both for newer and older Members. I remember the Meetups I attended and how much fun it was.

Good luck to those still interested in this ^_^

Arguleon-veq

How many of us are in the North West UK? The North West Gaming Center has over 100 tables to use, is very cheap and easy to get to [a 5 min walk from the train station]. Its obviously nowhere near as nice as Warhammer World but its handy if most of us are in the north west.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Mabbz

Well, I live in Nottingham so I wholeheartedly support the idea of a meetup at WH World. Due to my distinct lack of money (I'm currently losing ~£29 a week), it's likely the only way I could attend.

Irisado

I'm in Nottingham most of the time, but until I've submitted my PhD, I won't have time to attend a meet-up.  If it's being held in Nottingham though, I could make it later in 2014.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Chris

So this is still a possibility... How is everyone for April time? Fingers crossed I may have some money by then...

Mabbz

Quote from: Mabbz on December 10, 2013, 11:49:56 PM
Well, I live in Nottingham so I wholeheartedly support the idea of a meetup at WH World. Due to my distinct lack of money (I'm currently losing ~£29 a week), it's likely the only way I could attend.
My opinion remains the same as before. Someone decide a date and I should be able to make it, if it's in Nottingham. And if it's a weekend.

Chris

DECISION:
It WILL be in NOTTINGHAM WHW, and it WILL be a Weekend...
If people can suggest suitable dates, we can start this planning thing underway...

Currently I have April in mind, but if summer would be better for people, then we could do it then...

Narric

I'm unfortunately out this time around  :(

Couldn't get time off in April for my own things, and I don't have the funds to come anyway.

Hopefully plenty of other Members can come. IF a date is set, I recommend you guys make it an Event on Facebook, so our less frequent members see it.

Irisado

April is too early for me, unfortunately, owing to not having submitted (see my post above).  That said, I'm not exactly a regular here, so if April is convenient for most of the forum's long term/more active members, I say go for it :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Cithaeron

All sounds good to me. I probably won't have much in the way of a playable army, but I'll be there. Just name the date.