News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Orks Gone Wild! [The RP Thread]

Started by BigToof, December 12, 2012, 02:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will's on Fire

Cunnin roll: 13

Continuing to stay in the shadows Zaag carefully started to sneak over the crest of the hill towards the 'umies keepin' away from the chimera as much as possible. He did this whilst paying careful attention to what everyone else is doing around him.

Ravager Zero

Gorksal saw da chimera as soon as he climbed over da hill. It was a wagon, derefore it was his ta kill. 'e was still a tankbusta after all.

"Dat wagon's mine ya panzy gitz!" Gorksal screamed, leaping past a startled guardsman and slamming his tankhamma into the side of da tank. The rokkit exploded with an almighty boom, throwing him back into a startled humie. Maybe da rokkit hadn't been faulty
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

From what i can gather from BT's last post, the guardsmen will shoot at you if you charged in screaming.

As he's away I am undecided if he wants me to resolve those shots now, or whether he wants to resolve everyone's actions as they are posted in the next 48 hours when he returns from the weekend.

Remember, there are 10 guardsmen outside the chimera; if you want to charge in immediately without letting the other gitz know what's goin' on then all the shots will be on you...which would be...hurty.

If you wish to delay/cancel your action Rav until a few others have collaborated (and/or BT comes back) then let me know. Also let me know if you don't wish to do this of course. If 24 hours goes by without a response I'll assume that you wish for your actions to be taken there and then.

Zambia
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Railgun Convention

Lurtz lurched up the ridge between the Orks and the 'umies, set up his gun on the top and opened fire, managing to send a flurry of rounds into the unsuspecting Burnaman. With any luck, he might be able to salvage something from it.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Mabbz

Ducky had reacted quickly to Gorksal's sudden charge; he was only a split second behind in breaking cover and running at the enemy with a bloodthirsty roar. Ignoring the tank as not his problem, he leapt into the biggest group of humies, intending to rip a few heads off, and maybe throw them if the runts tried to leg it.

(I have a cunnin' of 16, and I rolled a 17)

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Alright, new proposal; roughly 20 or so hours from now (24 hours from my last post) I'll work out how the combat goes. You have until then to explain your combat plan/moves on the encounter, and tomorrow night i will put through the combat.

Also, while it's great that you can link your roll straight to the post, but can you please also post your roll result here - it's very inefficient and time consuming for BT and I to look at a new link for each individual roll you guys make - especially when there are 3+ per post :P

And one last thing; while it's great that you narrate what you wish to do - ensure that you don't assume things happen. Talk about things in ways to express your intentions.

For example; " managing to send a flurry of rounds into the unsuspecting Burnaman. " is perfectly fine, but "it didn't explode!" is probably not the best thing to do; the checks/tests will not always be a certain number - they will often have penalties or bonuses depending on how hard or easy the situation is. Perhaps the "not exploding" has a -6 penalty, or even a +4 bonus? Simply saying "hoping that it doesnt explode with all his might (luck roll: x, linky)" is much better :)

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

The Man They Call Jayne

'Umies. Wiv a Trukk of dere own. And a burny man. Well, 'Edbusta knew wot to do about dat!

[Roll for Frazzle at -2 = 3d6 ? [1,5,4] = (10) pass]

Clenchin one green hand tight he summoned a ball of mind power, then tossing into the air in front of him he swung his Pole,sending the ball of psychic might hurtling through the air into the mass of pinkskins. He managed to avoid hitting any of his boyz, but he lost sight of the orb until there was a bloom of power and lots of screaming.

'Edbusta grinned. Well dat deffnatly went well. . .
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

BigToof

I'm back!
Combat is looking rather nice!
Just a few more mates have to chime in and then we can see if the Imperials have anything left to hit back with!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

BigToof

I have moves for Jayne, Mabbz, RC and RZ...

Waiting for others...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Will's on Fire

Seeing the other orks leap into action Zaag decided to take his chance to make a move behind the imperial guardsmen, within jumping distance of the guard. He started carefully sneaking behind them Cunnin: 9.

Eagle eye

Gruk charged the guardsmen shouting his way there (not sure what to do)

"OIS I MZ GRUK DA LOOTA YA GITS"

BigToof

Right, so it's been about 24 hours, so I'm going to run with it.

Duck leads the charge in (while Zaagblitz sneaks around the back).

I didn't see a roll for Duck for his fightin, so I'll just roll it here :)

Krumpin'=9 (barely)
'Ardness=14 (good)

Duck gets stuck in first, choppin' away at the first Guardman in front of him, earning him First Blood for the encounter (ooh).

Simultaneous attack by Grotbolt, (also didn't see an action per se, so I'm going to run with an assault...)
Shootin'=12 (dead on)

So, Grot with his extra-special Shoota makes swiss cheese of another Guardsmen.

And in no particular order is the rest of the assault, with
'Eadbusta throwing his charged up WAARGH! grenade in the midst of the line of Guardsmen.  One poor guy reflexively reaches out to catch it...  It does not end well for him as the green energy released turns him into something resembling chunky salsa and boots that litters his team-mates.

Didn't have any actions for Deffgit, so I figured he'll be shooting into the Guardsmen.
(Shootin' =5... Sweet love of Mork)
Right, so Deffgit unloads his enormous gun into the Guardsmen, who are still startled by the sudden liquification of their fellow.  Three of them are torn right off their feet in a spray of hard-on savagery.

Flyboy Lurtz rounds up the pack by shooting extremely high-calibur rounds into the poor guardsman holding the burna.  He does not survive.  At. All.

Gorksal slams his Tankhammer into the side of the Tank.  (Luck roll=8)  He hits something that does indeed explode, knocking him back.  Your hammer went in deep, and there appears to be some screaming from inside the tank...  You're not really sure why...

And to round everything out is Gruk the Loota.
Who rolls... an 8 with Shootin' his Deffgun.
I figure he'll probably aim for the Tank (?).  He fires in, chipping off lots of the front armor, tearing off what looks like important bits of the multi-laser on top.

There are three still mobile Guardsmen who are going to try shooting you back.  They are a bit faster than Orks (go figure), and will aim at the ones who are immediately in their faces.  Which is... Duck.

Duck, you're going to have to take an 'Ardness test as they pepper you with Lasgun shots.  Just... one for the three.  They're not horribly accurate and as far as pain goes, Lasguns need more than a bit of help to really hurt an Ork.

The Chimera, on the other hand, is starting to back up and get out of there.

If you make a cunnin' test, you all can figure out that a fire has started inside the tank and the crew are trying to put it out rather than shoot at you all this turn, but the driver is trying to back up and just reverse out of there. 

You have one chance to try and assault it before it manages to get out of easy run range.  Of course, you can also try and shoot at it as well.

So... that was the first round of combat, with the Imperial uh... reply.

I'm putting in a 48 HOUR LIMIT for your next moves.

There's three Guardsmen (poor sods) and a hurt tank trying to get  away, so tell me what you're doing and make rolls!  :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Mabbz

Surviving lasguns ('Ardness) = 8

Ducktape laughed off the lasguns that the desparate humies fired at him, before grabbing the man he had punched to death and chasing them. He had a weapon now. He was going to inflict grievous harm with a body.

(My action is to catch the humies and bludgeon them to death with my human)

The Man They Call Jayne

'Edbusta saw the tank trying to escape. Oh no, this is NOT how his WARGH was gonna start! No good WARGH ever started with survivors!

He gripped the end of the Pole and swung it over head like a great axe, A blade of shimmering psykik power rippled towards the Chimera.

[Roll for Zzzap @ -3 = 3d6 ? [2,6,5] = (13) Pass. Just]

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Will's on Fire

Time for Zaag to strike.

Zaag leaps from behind /next to the Guardsmen. Flying directly at the nearest one, time to show who can kill da best.

Krumpin:11 Vs 12