News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Enter, The Darkness [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager, October 13, 2011, 02:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

[after Ja'nus left]
"I think i'll try and find either a local guard, or one of the towns Militia-men." He stands up, leaving his half-tankard. "Any of them may have some personal experience from last year that may come in use. I'll return here if I get any information"

Zothern walks out of the tavern, and begins searching for Guards and/or Militia-men.

Ravager Zero

Info Gathering for Zothern

"You want t'know about them daemons, do ye, laddie?" the guard asked, a trace of derision in his voice. "Jus' like all them other folks think they can save the world. got as much chance as the rest of them, I guess."

The guard paused a moment, scanning the road and noticing an old man with a magestaff walking towards them. The man's outline seemed to blur ever so slightly at the edges, and his clothes seemed almost unaffected by the winds.

"Laddie, that guy look right t' you?"

"What guy?" Zothern asked, not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

"That gu
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Narric

*Thank you, friend, I hope you duties here remain as they are" He finds a small empty coin purse and puts the gold inside. He then puts the purse into his right pauldron from the top, a small flump marking it landing in something soft. "Gordon Fletcher? I'll make sure to find time to find him and courier his prize." Zothern made sure he had all the information cataloged in his mind, and decided to find at least one other person for some, more information before returning to the Tavern.

InsaneTD

Tybalt sits quietly for a moment after his last compion leaves for the time being. He then drains his glass and decides that while he's not hobnobing with nobles of his home that he'll drink only ale or sprits. He then reaches in to one of his pouchs and pulls out his only Sunstone. 'I guess I better charge you before we leave. Might have to recharge my sword in a hurry.' *Might be worth getting a second one actually. Probably won't find one in town but I'll keep my eye open anyway.*

Tybalt then leaves the tavern, looking for a quiet spot to charge his Sunstone and see if he can gather any info aswell.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

As the barmaid walks off to serve the other patrons Oan stood for a moment, thinking about what she had said. Then he drained his tankard and went to find either Janus or Tybalt. Talking to the barmaid had made him curious, and slightly suspicious, even though everyone he'd seen seemed perfectly harmless.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Ja'nus ambled slowly around the town, taking the place in. He wondered what had affected the town so badly that it was now but a shadow of its former self. Admittedly, it had never been very grand to begin with by the looks of it, but even so.

He decided to head back to the tavern and see how the others had fared in there gathering of information. As he walked towards the door he saw Tybalt leave the building holding something that to his eyes glowed with an aura of essence. A Sunstone. He hadn't seen one before, he had seen no other Magestones that the one in his Staff.

He walked after him and quickly caught up.

"You posses a Magestone Tybalt? A Sunstone if I am not mistaken? How did you come by such an artifact?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

Galithir's questioning hadn't gone well. It seemed like every one of his companions had managed to find someone useful. Everyone Galithir spoke to was either strangely unfriendly - despite his new look - or ridiculously ignorant. Eventually, he decided to try something risky, and headed for the town hall.

The guards watched him suspiciously as he walked over to the mayor's secretary. The man didn't even look up.

"No visitors" he mumbled.

"I have an appointment" replied Galithir curtly. "Check your diary. My name is Luther Dorn."

With an irritable sigh the secretary opened a small book. And there, on todays page, was the name "Mr L. Dorn". Bewildered, the man allowed Galithir in to the Mayor's office.

As Galithir entered, he prayed the secretary wouldn't double check that diary. The name was gone by now.

El ShasOcho

Marcus catches Oan out of the corner of his eye, sitting at the bar with a troubled look on his face. As Oan stood up to leave, Marcus finished his tankard with a swig and stood up, following him out the door. The tavern's usefulness was exhausted, and Marcus was eager to get on the road quickly.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Ravager Zero

Info Gathering for Galithir

As soon as Galithir entered the mayor's office, the dog sitting by his side bounded over, sniffing at Galithir's legs and feet.

"Jack, sit," bid the mayor. "Sorry sir, he's a little excitable these days. Not enough exercise you see. It's a problem, trying to rebuild this town. Not your problem though. I can see by the look of you that you're one of those questing types
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Oan wandered around the small town for a short while, collecting his thoughts and wondering if he was simply reading into things too much. People had been telling him for as long as he could remember that he wasn't trusting enough and that he thought too much. It seemed he was doing it again, but what could he do? Old habits die hard.

Eventually he saw Janus and Tybalt in the distance. Tybalt appeared to be showing Janus something. Oan wandered over. "Not interrupting am I guys? I need a small favour if you could." Oan drew a representation of the rune he had seen in the dirt of the path. "What is that rune?"

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

InsaneTD

Tyblat quickly turns around in suprise at Janus' question. 'Oh, yes it is. A sunstone. Magestones aren't only used for spell casting you know. This one happens to be for charging the Rune on my sword.'

Tybalt then turned to Oan as he walked up and spoke the them and quickly draw an image in the earth. Once Oan was done, Tybalt inspected the image, his mind wondering back to his apprenticeship...

OOP:I'm assuming Rav will make a roll and tell me if I know it.

The Man They Call Jayne

Ja'nus looked down at the rune in the dirt, he felt that it should be familiar to him. Runes may not have been his area of expertise, but he new a fair share of them by sight, even if he could not use most of them himself, and after an "Incident" as a young boy involving a bad dream and his mothers granite Ehvaz rune, he subconciously avoided being around them, just in case.

His interest was piqued however as the rune on the floor flicked a memory up from the depths of his mind. . .
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

'I can't be a hundred percent sure, given the roughness of you're depiction, but it looks to me like a simple Anterus Rune, meant to bind the anaema of an item to a particular person. Normally it serves as part of a matched pair that will allow a person to sense when the other is nearby, or if they are in imminent danger. It is one of the simplest runes of binding, and as such, is harmless.'

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"I see. In that case, no worries" Oan replied. "Come on, I think we've had long enough to gather all the information we can. Time to regroup and share it I think."

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

InsaneTD

'Oh. Ah. I guess so...' Tybalt gives the Sunstone one last look then puts it way, heading for the Tavern.