News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Isle of Carandia (OOC thread)

Started by Narric, November 08, 2018, 08:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Can we have some pronouns for a few characters please? Its a little hard to write when some are ambiguously gendered :P

RP thread is up.

https://secondsphere.org/index.php?topic=2519.0

The flaws of the two soldiers seem interesting to play off.

The world is in motion now. Lets see what you do with it.

Narric

My fault for not showing where cities and towns are relative to eachother. I've updated an earlier post to include that info.

Something else I forgot to include. When you want to use a skill for something outside of combat, its probably best to write a post of intent, with it finishing with your dice roll (stating modifiers if not included in roll). I can then use the result to state what the outcome is. a little bit slower than real D&D, but means you don't have to wait for me to figure out the difficulty of the action. Also ensures there is a little risk to what you're doing :P

Narric

Sorry for not updating yet. Really drained from traveling to see family and work. Will carry on once either the weekend before New Years, or first weekend of new Years :3

Mabbz

Makes sense, I can't be around much over Christmas either.

Narric

New post, and first of new year is up.

Cammerz

I have a feeling we might need a little GM input to keep things moving

Narric

Sorry for keeping you waiting guys.

Now its time for a little bit of combat. This will be Three rounds Rapid. First you need to roll the usually D20 for Initiative this first time, then also decide what you'd do each round and make appropriate rolls. This is all PM'd to me and I make another post with the outcomes.

Talking is a free action so you can still do simple things in the RP, but you're limited to setting up for an attack, not the follow through.

Cammerz and Jac, As well as Initiative, roll an extra D20 to attempt to dispel the sleep enchantment on you. Include normal attacks for if you're successful. Continue until your character wakes up. The enchantment only lasts 60 seconds though, but that could potentially keep you out the entire fight.

Cammerz

Remind me how we're doing dice rolls again? Do you have some specific method you want us to use or are you happy for me to just roll some actual D20s and tell you the results?

Also am I right in thinking that with Advantage I roll twice and pick the highest? (Nyx has Adv. on Int, Wis and Cha saving throws against magic and magical effects, I'm presuming Sleep falls under those criteria?)

Narric

For Abilities, declare what you're attempting, and roll a D20 (Online dice rollers here, I used Tira Dadi). I then post the result of what you attempted.

For Combat, Declare what weapon/spell you're using, and roll D20 with relavent modifiers, and relavent damage dice together. then as above I make a larger post for the whole combat encapsulating three rounds (Three Rounds Rapid)

Sleep doesn't incur any saves. It simply renders the weakest unconcious for 60seconds. I've house ruled you can wake yourselves up with a D20 roll before your would make an attack for your turn, but party mates can use an action with no roll to wake you up.
Quote from: D&D Player Handbook P.276Sleep
1st-level enchantment
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 90 feet
Components: V, S, M (a pinch o f fine sand, rose petals,
or a cricket)
Duration: 1 minute
This spell sends creatures into a magical slumber.
Roll 5d8; the total is how many hit points of creatures this spell can affect. Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose within range are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures).
Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell falls unconscious until the spell ends, the sleeper takes damage, or someone uses an action to shake or slap the sleeper awake. Subtract each creature's hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature's hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected.

With regards to (dis)advantage, it is indeed two dice for the relavent roll, picking highest for advantage, and lowest when at disadvantage.
Quote from: D&D Player Handbook P.173Advantage and Disadvantage
Sometimes a special ability or spell tells you that you have advantage or disadvantage on an ability check, a saving throw, or an attack roll. When that happens, you roll a second d20 when you make the roll. Use the higher of the two rolls if you have advantage, and use the lower roll if you have disadvantage. For example, if you have disadvantage and roll a 17 and a 5, you use the 5. If you instead have advantage and roll those numbers, you use the 17.

If multiple situations affect a roll and each one grants advantage or imposes disadvantage on it, you don't roll more than one additional d20. If two favorable situations grant advantage, for example, you still roll only one additional d20.

[Quick edit]
Nyx being a Rock Troll only confers adv on the saving throws. so far as I can see it doesn't grant a saving throw. If you know which section I'm missing, point it out to me?

Cammerz

Ah, I assumed the d20 roll was a saving throw rather than a house rule. My mistake.

Narric

Narric

Everyone but you :P

I made a mistake and I'm gonna be correcting it in the combat post, but i still need actions/choices from the players.

If I don't get anything from anyone by next weekend, I'll assume basic attacks against the goons. That may not be the most useful to you all.

[Edit]
2/5 actions received :p

Cammerz

Can I check that you've received mine? Because I sent it quite some time ago.

Narric

Quote from: Cammerz on February 11, 2019, 01:28:48 PM
Can I check that you've received mine? Because I sent it quite some time ago.
Somehow I missed it. The explains why I thought a second person had also sent m actions :p

So just needing Jac and RGC then.