News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Narrics' Dungeon Crawler RP - [Stuff is Happening thread]

Started by Narric, August 02, 2013, 06:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

"Here, let me see what I can do with it," said Kira. "I could use better armour." As she took the armour, she glanced at the door the Drider had been behind. "So, North sound good?"

Railgun Convention

Finding nothing in the corridor, and assuming both doors would at least hide them from monsters in the rooms beyond, Greg moves to the north door and prepares to open it.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Narric

Map

With the Body Chitin split between Kira and Ozkar, Greg grunts and turns left. He pushes the door open, and the party enter the new room.

It is another rectangular room. There are remains of ancient tunnelling equipment and stone masonry tools in the room. Everything is too decayed by time, it would be a miracle to find anything of use.

There is a door to the north, and another to the west.

Mabbz

Hoping to find a dead end instead of another corridor (labyrinths, while potentially lucrative, also took forever to fully explore), Kira moved to the Western door and tried to open it a crack in order to see what was on the other side.

The Man They Call Jayne

Ozkar approached Greg. "Here. You may as well take this. I am protected by several wards, you are not. You have greater need than I and I cannot expect you to be a meatsheild if you are dead can I?" He gave a grin and handed Greg the rest of the chitin.

"Now, let us see what the young thief has found shall we?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Railgun Convention

"Thankyou. And indeed, let us see what is behind door number 4." Greg moved over beside Kira, ready to intercept anything that might try to rush the door.

Narric

Map

The Door opens to.... The start of another hallway.

Kira sighs in annoyance at this. What sad-act created this damn dungeon? There aren't even any clues to search these rooms.

A clang is heard in the direction of the other door.

Railgun Convention

At the clang, Greg spun round, shield raised, sword poised to swipe.

Nothing.

Deciding whatever it was would be on the other side of the door, Greg moved to the other side of the room, signalled the other two to be ready, and made to open it fast. Time for shock tactics, perhaps.

The Man They Call Jayne

Ozkar decided that he would provide some additional support in case things went south.

"Greg, maybe you should stand back in case the door is rigged or someone is right behind it. I have an alternative solution."

[1d20 ? [12]]

The mage held his stave in one hand, holding it out and aloft. His other hand rose slowly, a grinding sound of earth and rock shifting over each other surrounded them then with a sharp downwards flick there was a great crash and a large stone torso with arms and a head was floating in the middle of the room, held aloft by magical energies.

"Detente, I have need of you."

"Yes, my master."

"The door, it conceals a threat. Open it and protect us against what enemies lie beyond."

"As you command." The golems voice was as of rocks grinding over each other and loose gravel falling down a cliff face.

The rock creature glided silently over to the door and made to open it.

Mabbz

While the others were preoccupied with the door, Kira started searching the pile of masonry tools in case there was anything interesting. Who knows, maybe there was a trapdoor beneath them.

Narric

Map
DM Info

Kira searched the Masonry tables to the north of the room. They were covered in a thick layer of dust. Ozkars Golem creation seemed to absorb the dust kicked up by her searching, making it easier to look. With no luck on the top of the table, she peered underneath. shoved to the back was a large hammer, seemingly made of solid metal.

With the golem created and commanded, it turned to the door. lifting one large rock of a hand, it swings powerfully. With a mighty crash, the doors is smashed of it hinges into the room beyond. There is no light beyond the doorway. You heard whats sounds like hurried scratching, but you cannot see what made the noise.

Mabbz

"Hey Greg, want a hammer?" Kira said as she walked over to him. It was of no use to her, after all. She decided to stay behind the warrior rather than enter the dark room.

Railgun Convention

Keeping one eye on the door, Greg sheathed his sword and took the hammer. Weighing it up, it seemed to have plenty of weight behind it - a direct hit would do a lot of damage to anything not heavily armoured. It also seemed light enough to be used in one hand, which was also pretty handy. "Hmf. Seems useful. But what I'd really like right now is a torch. Or a globelight or something, if you would be so kind, Ozkar."

The Man They Call Jayne

"I am an earth mage, light is not my area." When you need something breaking, let me know."

He turned to the floating torso. "Detente, protect us while we search this area and warn us of any threats you perceive."

Narric

Map

Detente drifted quietly into the darkened chamber beyond the doorway.