News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Apocalypse Information (Now with the last set of Pics!)

Started by Begel Dverl, June 11, 2013, 03:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Hey guys, the pre-orders are up on GW now :P

Lets see, my opiniona are as follows :P

Lord Executioner
Some one was clearly complaining that only blood Angels had access to a Space Marine "Executioner." He seems to be more the kind of guy you just throw at the big nasty, rather than consider for anthing tactical.

The model looks alright. People NOT paid by GW could have made a better model. But thats the trend these days::)

Master of the Marches
Or as I shall call him, "The Office Marine." Since when does a damn desk jokey need to be on the battlefield? by description of his function, he is not needed.

Model wise? Give him a damn beard, and paint him red, and you've got Santa Claus "Checking his list twice." Such increadibly underwelming pose, for an unneeded model.

Master of the Rites
So Chaplains aren't enough? Isn't he basicaly doing what the Chaplain section of a SM Chapter do? Again, another model/character with no point to him.

The model just makes me think of some Power Armoured Pope. May have use as a BT Grimaldus conversion base?

Master of Relics
Apparently Space Marines can be so under-manned, that they have to use their museum curators in battle as well. Now, if you have say a fluffy scenario for a game where such a character would make sense, by all means. Should this be included as just another character for "Apocalypse" games? Heck the fuck no.

For the model, i can only see it as Techmarine/MotF conversion food. The Power Pack feels cluttered, and the static pose isn't very imposing :P

Wall of Martyrs - Aquila Strongpoint
The Aquila has a huge Hard-on for war. being part of the "War of Martyrs" is just a cover so it gets the best seats for the carnage.

Yes. I believe it looks like a bird that has a giant erection. Deal with it, and now see what acannot be unseen.

Wall of Martyrs - Firestorm Redoubt
Aside from looking like only half a building. Nothing much wrong aestheticly to me.

Wall of Martyrs - Vengeance Weapons Battery
These on the other hand remind me of a giant Zit, or spot, just waiting to be "Popped." I doubt these would look very good in anything short of a dedicated Apoc board, so I hope not to see these in regular games.

Necron Tesseract Vault/Obelisk
Good bloody lord, the name makes me instantly think of Doctor Who :P

Gotta love the "This model can be used by every Warhammer 40,000 player in games of Apocalypse." disclaimer right at the top of the entry. Whats the bloody point of calling it "Necron" and giving it "Necron" design, when Daemons, Eldar, Tau and Orks can use it? thats like making a game for the Xbox, and the same disc works on a PS3, Wii, PC and anything else that uses optial discs :facepalm001:

Khorne Lord of Skulls
First there was the Defiler. A majestic and fast machine of war, then there came the Soul Grinder, Which possessed its predecessor. Now we have this ugly thing.

I know Khorne isn't exactly know for Art, but for the love the four winds of Chaos, did they even try? The only thing threaten would be the size of this thing!!

"Apocalypse: Rulebook"
OR "Here are untold numbers of units, and rules and shit that we couldn't be bothered putting into individual Codexi."

I admit apocalypse sounds cool, but I'm tired of all this "buy this new toy" bull that GW puts out.

Why does it feel awkward that the Apoc rulebook is the same cost as the regular game rulebook?

In short:
Hey GW, see all this money I have? Guess what? I'm not spending it on you ^_^

Sorry if this seems like a rant :P

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Narric on June 28, 2013, 11:34:03 PM

Master of the Marches
Or as I shall call him, "The Office Marine." Since when does a damn desk jokey need to be on the battlefield? by description of his function, he is not needed.

Model wise? Give him a damn beard, and paint him red, and you've got Santa Claus "Checking his list twice." Such increadibly underwelming pose, for an unneeded model.

I just imagine the Master of the Marches using that vox and parchment to be an absolute dick to normal marines.

"Alright, look, you need to deploy over there."

"Brother Captain, with all due respect, the squads know to deploy. You briefed us already."

"Well guess what? The parchment says where everyone has to deploy, and the parchment says you need to deploy...over there."

"But that's inside our own killing zone. We'll be caught in the crossfire."

"I'm sorry, are you questioning the Master of Marches? Did you not hear me? Do I need to use the vox?"

"I don't thin--"

"RIGHT. OVER. THERE. You hear that one?"