News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Warhammer 40K MMO! (YES **** YES YESSSSSS)

Started by LinnScarlett, June 13, 2013, 11:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

... Ellen? (sorry if you didn't get that reference. I'm suggesting that you may have been drunk when you posted that :P)

As for the MMO, I'm less confident, but then I've never been much an MMO player. My biggest concern is that GWs usual pricing habits will show through and make it too expensive for me to play. On the other hand I really enjoyed the Space Marine game, so maybe this will be just as good. In short, I'll keep an eye on this and see how it goes.

I really just want to be able to play as a Tau, a Techpriest or a Skitarii.

Railgun Convention

Quote from: LinnScarlett on June 17, 2013, 01:10:12 PM
I AM FINE. <3
Two plus two equals... Ten.

IN. BASE. FOUR. I AM. FINE.

Anyway, it'd be nice to see... well, something more than a teaser, TBH :P
So how many crashes have I survived now?

LinnScarlett

*Shrug* I am just me, and I think I somehow figured that out this week... and now I want to stop being me and be the me you guys know again. I have no clue. I am dealing with it. I feel fine, I am drawing a background (!) to a drawing. In one go. It looks fine. I'll probably find something to whine about and you know what?

For 25 years that's been me... and now. *shrug* I am still me. I am done with expecting perfect games and being sad they don't live up to my expectations. Of course they don't, even I don't (which is probably the point, and yes I am aware that I am rhyming without meaning to, its just what I do. Ok, I did that one on perpose).

ANYWAY.

I am fed up with who I was, so now I am who I am. And this stupid game is going to be the best thing ever until someone (buys me two models of Angron? Yea I need two, long story, no you don't want to get me started.)

And. Now you know why psykers get blammed (because this is me... psykerharassing you?)

Right. I AM FINE. -_-
Ironically, you'll probably never believe it now. My mind runs forever but now it stops because I say so. (And I really need to figure out how to draw Straken's.... :3)

PS. The game is going to be awesome because I am going to play with you guys. Have 20 alts just so I can play with all of you in all factions sometimes. Because I just want goddamn everything right  now and I finally realised I need to stop being unhappy with not... yea I am doing it again.

I hope there is a rogue class. I hope it is an Inquisitor. Because then... then you will learn who I really am (that asshole that will gank you in the most aweful way. ./dance on your corpse and then stand there for a moment longer and do. ./hug and then RUN LIKE HELL because you probably respawn any moment now and do it back to me and... *shrug* I love MMOs. I always loved them, I always hated all the people in them except my friends. And now I figured out I even like the dicks in the MMOs... and... my friends think I am insane.

Shit. I am doing it again. Oh well. I think you got my point on line one or so. You can look away from this post or ignore it, I don't mind anymore (thank Emps) but... you're still reading aren't you? Yea. Figured. That's because you're just you too.

Thanks for being worried, when I am finally happy. And dare to tell you. :)

Riiight Straken's cock. If you need me or... idk. My skype is 'LinnScarlett'. But please. Stop me from being me sometimes so that I don't go truly insane?

I should have stopped by now. Watch me!!!! :D *waves*
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

LinnScarlett

So I finally saw it and there is nothing to see  :facepalm001:

I chose "Space Marine" (duh) and thought immediately: Shit I need Chaos too. Forever ever alting? Anyway. I expect you all on there, at some point, on Mumble which... "my Sejanus owns" (don't ask :P). What I am trying to say is... I expect to play this game with all of you some time, ok? As... whatever at... (whe)never.

And I think the first thing I am going to do when I log on... is click on the nearest other Space Marine and see if this works:

./kiss :3

And then... I don't know. Watch them rage? Laugh? Cry? Block me? Ignore me? Flood my whisper box? Tell them I am IRL a girl? They probably won't believe it. They'll probably call me a troll. And technically, they'd be right because I did it just to get a reaction from them. And it feels really good to say this and all I am doing is... making you worry about my sanity? Don't. I'll just be chortling, you know I would (I already am? Yea made it worse I know) because I am just being me and well... tell me. I am funny, yes? Who knows. Maybe I'll be ./kiss-ing you.

This was meant to be a normal post.  ::)

I was always kind of afraid to post whatever I wanted on here. But now I know that... I could post anything. But I will not. You will see only respectable writing from me. If you want all of it? Then... well, the links have always been in my signature. :)

...I wonder if you can play Inquisitors on both sides? Radical and Puritan? Probably not. Oh well!  ;D

GreaterGoodNewZealand

I'm not much of an MMO player, but I reckon this game could be cool. And if it's free to play, then by all means I'd play it. I do hope it will be a bit broader in terms of playable factions beyond the standard Marine, Eldar, Ork, Chaos lineup, though, since it would be nice to have the other races getting a bit more coverage in games.
I wrote a tabletop war game! It can be found here  http://thatkiwiguy.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/5/ -  if people wish to read the rules. Still working on some of the factions and most of the background.

LinnScarlett

Sweetheart, Warcraft used to have 4 races on each side, now we have, idk 6? 7? Don't judge an MMO by its starter gear, its the worst insult. Besides, I rather have whatever this is going to be than nothing. I don't play Warcraft that often anymore, but I miss it. I paid 10,- a month for it for 8 years and I have 3 friends - probably more - but 3 daily friends for life. They helped me return back to normal this week by... yea, playing Warcraft together. So all in all, its worth it. MMO's is like a single player with friends. There's going to be assholes, but most people are nice. Go in there, bring some friends, and if you can't find any, come find me, I'll try and make some time for you. No promises, but I'll try.

MMO's are fun, but only if you make them fun. This game is going to be fun for me because I know GWS is doing their very best, and idk. A game inbalance where loyal Astartes get one shotted or are vastly over/underpowered? To me that's just going to be hilarious. And I might probably pester people who can't deal with it. And Aun and I already decided our Astartes are going to be trying to ./kiss in the middle of the capital city. *shrug*

I've been a model officer on MMOs for 8 years. Now I am just me, and me is going to troll anybody who doesn't see the point yet: a.k.a. games are meant for rage/cry/fun. In that order. Rage about something, then cry about it while telling a friend, and then just see why its so funny. That's what I learned the past week, and it's ok.

(And really... this game is probably full of bugs like The Elder Scrolls but... flying horses bug? That irritated me, and then I googled it and saw people had made funny videos of it... and then I just waited for the glitch to stop)  :facepalm001:

GreaterGoodNewZealand

Oh..... Sorry. I didn't realise it was so insulting..... I was simply trying to say that a change up from the starter stuff might be nice, sort of like how Dawn of War 2 featured Tyranids instead of Chaos. Although Astartes, Eldar, Orks ad Chaos might be incredibly fun..... OK I'll stop now before I try a more in depth analysis here.
I wrote a tabletop war game! It can be found here  http://thatkiwiguy.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/5/ -  if people wish to read the rules. Still working on some of the factions and most of the background.

InsaneTD

Ms Scarlett, maybe you should make a thread in the enclave for your randomness?

O.T: I think I might wait and see if Tau will make it into the game.

LinnScarlett

Sorry, I am getting used to just speaking my mind and trusting people to not go apeshit on me. I have grown weary of always feeling like I am the only one is careful and the rest of the world just barges over me. Anyway, no offense taken, and I didn't feel it as an insult it's just... *shrug* No worries.

And sorry Ty, I was in too much of a zich to post this, I had no idea where it was supposed to go so I figured it would go in announcements? It's W40k related? But do move it if it's supposed to go somewhere else. What's the Enclave for? Non 40k stuff? Oh and about the Tau, MMO's need to constantly release content to keep players playing especially on a subscription. So if the races are not here now, trust me, they might be later. Just google vanilla world of warcraft content and compare with where it is now (lvl 50, one continent, no raid content etc; vs lvl 90, 4 continents, 4 more races, 3 more classes, a ton of raids and raid tiers and...).

Trust me, just jump in there and enjoy it, pause it when you don't feel like it, etc. It's really not worth the fuss. I'd like to say "I know, I did it for 8 years and hated half of it" but, yea. Just go! Its going to be fun! :D

Begel Dverl

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but here's some more info on the game provided by DakkaDakka.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/533190.page

QuoteStarting right off the bat, fans should note that four races will be playable from the start, with the fifth being the AI-controlled Tyranids (who are there to keep everyone balanced throughout the battle). The four races available at launch (24 months from now, 18 months for Open Beta) will be the Space Marines (Dark Angels), Chaos Marines (Iron Warriors), The Eldar, and the Orks. Miguel told us straight away that the game will be available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 as a premium Free-to-Play MMORPG. The free race available to everyone will be the Orks. But free players will only be able to progress through the game's content Ork Boyz: five of which are needed to take down one Space Marine. Behaviour expects that F2P members will always outnumber paid players and the Ork Boyz are their way of balancing F2P with paid members. Once someone becomes invested in the game, they can purchase the other races and open up the full progression paths for each (including the Orks). But perhaps, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's talk a bit about how the game's ongoing planetary war will actually work.

Mabbz

Free to play? My interest just heightened considerably. I'd prefer not to be limited to Orks, but at least they aren't limiting it to Space Marines. I'll most likely be an Ork, then. I rarely buy new games and I never pay subscriptions. That said, it looks like the other races are unlocked which to me implies one off payment. If so, I might consider paying eventually.

Quote from: LinnScarlett on June 19, 2013, 03:59:41 PM
Sorry, I am getting used to just speaking my mind and trusting people to not go apeshit on me. I have grown weary of always feeling like I am the only one is careful and the rest of the world just barges over me. Anyway, no offense taken, and I didn't feel it as an insult it's just... *shrug* No worries.
I think he just meant that your posts had a tendency to veer off topic, usually because you were talking at length about MMOs in general rather than really discussing this game. If you want to discuss MMOs in general, the enclave is the place. I'm fairly sure this topic is in the right place though.

InsaneTD

Pretty much what Mabbz said. :P I actually like the randomness of your posts.

And I know. Like I said, I'll wait for Tau to be released.

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on June 19, 2013, 11:17:18 PM
Pretty much what Mabbz said. :P I actually like the randomness of your posts.

And I know. Like I said, I'll wait for Tau to be released.
I think that'll be a while since all of the races have been confirmed  :P

InsaneTD

LinnScarlett

Well, take it from someone that has raged/cried and crusaded through World of Warcraft since the start: it was worth it, in the end. I have several very close friends now, and we will be going to W40k MMO. Two of them don't like W40k, but the rest of us do so they join - they just want to play with us.

Also, I can't stress enough: MMO's always become better. Just trust the developers for doing what is right for the group. And just take it as it comes. Post to their forums or customers services to share your opinion, the good and the bad, in the end, you get what you want. And if not... well, its their game. I am glad they are trying, I am sure they're trying their best.

Just look up World of Warcraft content when it was just released, and compared with what we have now, nearly a decade later. There is a reason its the only subscription run MMO that is actually managing to make millions despite the crisis.

I want you guys to have fun. MMOs are aweful because they're full of people, its also what makes them fun. Just... just try to see why the developers did what they did? I like that they chose Orks as a starter, but they imply their F2P works like LOTRO (LotR Online) and that is a very good model at least for me. I paid 80 euro across about 1 year of playing, but I played it for 300 hours and bought stuff when I needed it.

Their descriptions imply the same. I will probably buy a bunch of stuff from the onset - Dark Angels! Iron Warriors! (I am just not a fan of Orks but I will still try to play it for a week just on that because... idk, principles?) If you ever feel you don't understand something, or want to rage about something stupid a player or developers did... just come and talk to me. I'll listen and try and tell what I think might have caused them to do this, despite knowing probably some people will be upset.

I've played MMOs for too long to get upset with things. *shrug* I am looking forward to seeing you all in there. Me and my Warcraft friends will likely set up The Night Council again and... well, we'll see where it goes! I am super excited, thats for sure. And if anyone wants to TRY an MMO - I apparently have a bunch of free starter editions of Warcraft due to being such a long subscriber with them. You get to play Vanilla wow with some of the global changes, until lvl 20. Google the details. If you're interested to give it a shot just to see what MMOs are like (and World of Warcraft IS one of the best, or even the best) let me know. I get rewards for inviting players sooooooo. :3

That way you can see what MMOs are like so you have a bit more realisitic expectations when the W40k one hits! If you want of course.

(And thanks guys, for letting me ramble. I am not interested in an MMO post, I am just talking about them because I want you guys who read about W40k MMO to enjoy it as much as I will; no matter what! People wouldn't really read the MMO post (maybe) but people that are interested in this W40k MMO, will. And well, you see my point)