News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Coming Soon? 40k 7th Edition

Started by Narric, April 28, 2014, 11:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargamer

Similar happened with other rulebooks, and people arguing Vindicators weren't Ordnance, or Wave Serpents were AV 2...

Aside from total fuckups, they don't correct issues in rulebooks anymore. They did, once, back in 6th Ed Fantasy (Dark Elves got quite the errata...) but not now.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

InsaneTD

Want there an announcement or rumour that 40k was going to get a living rulebook? Could that be what this is?

The Man They Call Jayne

I don't see how that is going to work unless they are going to charge very little. Reprinting the whole damn book is going to be rediculously expensive for the consumer.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

It works if they go purely digital. But the problem is they have no way of getting feed back from the players.

The Man They Call Jayne

That would also screw them because they are saying "Get a tablet/smartphone or don't play."

Narric

And would essentially show that they;re not sticking to their Declared Business model :P

[edit]
New post in my inbox from another blogger, and is interesting food for though on the subject:
http://h2lat40k.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/predictions-for-65-or-7th-or-it-can-2nd.html

Mabbz

I'd like to draw your attention to this:

http://imgur.com/a/Kbyu1#1

Apparantly, the date is set for the 24th of May. Also, the force organisation chart is going to at best be made optional, or at worst disappear entirely. To quote the above image: "can now make an army composed entirely of forgefiends, helldrakes and defilers."

If it's optional and carries some penalty for doing so, then it's almost certainly still a bad idea but I'll see how it goes. If they just remove the FOC altogether and give rise to a horde of Riptide armies or similar stupidity, then I might finally give up defending GW and quit.

Cammerz

Well, that doesn't sound good, if you want an army composed entirely of monstrous creatures go and play apocalypse. Hopefully these 'Unbound armies' will be limited in their use and suffer horrific penalties.

Looking at the other stuff, the Tactical Objectives look like an interesting game dynamic but it remains to be seen how balanced it is (far easier to assassinate an Astra Company Commander than a Hive Tyrant ect.)

The psychic phase looks distinctly fantasy and whilst I do approve of a perils of the warp table, I'm not sure I want psychic powers to become too big a part of this game system (he says looking at the zero psykers throughout his three 40k armies).

Narric

I'll probably just say I'll only face someone who follows the original FOC.

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Quote from: Narric on May 06, 2014, 07:32:34 AM
I'll probably just say I'll only face someone who follows the original FOC.

This, but i'll also be glad to face someone in a friendly/casual game who has a nice fluffy theme and isnt abusing whatever cheese he can muster.
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Narric

Fluffy lists I guess can be an exception. They'd have to really convince me if the List smells of cheese though.

The Man They Call Jayne

I guess I wouldn't mind being able to field a Crisis army without having to take Farsight. Although frankly I quite like Farsight.

Although a Shadowsun Stealth Cadre could be cool.

Irisado

It's back to second edition we go, based on what I've read.  Mission cards and the revised psychic system are all very reminiscent of that edition.  I had to laugh about how GW are dressing this up as new.  I'm not saying that these ideas are bad, some of them could be quite good, but it's anything but new.

What does concern me is the the information in White Dwarf about removing the FOC.  This is a really bad idea, and while it's only optional, it's basically license to field very unbalanced armies, which is not at all good for the game.  I'm not impressed.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

CoffeeGrunt

QuoteI guess I wouldn't mind being able to field a Crisis army without having to take Farsight. Although frankly I quite like Farsight.

You already can, Farsight isn't necessary to take Crisis Suits as Troops, merely running the Farsight Enclaves supplement is sufficient.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

The Man They Call Jayne

I thought Farsight was required to unlock them as Troops?