News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Feeler sales thread. Tau, prices negotiable with more purchased = More saved.

Started by Enderwiggin, September 13, 2012, 12:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enderwiggin

No, I've not come back to Warhammer, quite the opposite. I haven't played in some time now and figure my Tau are probably better off in someone's hands that will play them. Even if I were of the mind to play, 40k activity has effectively died at my LGS. On the upside, Necromunda/BFG/SG's are coming back instead here.

Alright, so brass tacks. I don't have all of my Tau Army left any longer. What I do have is relatively good for trades/sales though since there's a ton of unpainted and still boxed items. This thread is more to just get a handle on what players are actually paying for secondhand Tau and to maybe see what anyone would be interested in.

Thus far, I have about 1800'ish points left of Tau, larger items include at least two hammerheads, multiple XV8 suit flavors, and an AX-10 are still left over. I don't have a specific list yet, but the only models I don't have in the lineup are things like Ethereals or special chars at this point. No pathfinders anymore either now that I think about it.

So I think, retail, I only have about USD$400-500 worth of Tau left. Any insight on secondhand prices would be appreciated.  :)

Edit: Way more than I thought I had in storage.

Everything Explodes, Everything.

Character, is what you are in the dark.

Seventh Sa

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Enderwiggin

Yeah, it was before I came up with my Super Heavy death combo that I needed something to help curtail all the baneblades sold (at the time) that were appearing on the table. I never thought the drone carrying version was good enough for the points and the Strength D AP1 helped immensely until I came up with my SH death combo.

I was thinking something along the lines of 70%(+/-5-10% depending on the figure in question) retail for everything unpainted since give-or-take it's mostly in great condition. As a price change example though, things like Kroot Oxen or Sniper Drone Teams though I know aren't especially valued so they'd be closer to the 60% mark.

I'll give a better price for the entire lot, but I do have a rough estimate of what I hope to get for the remaining lot overall.

Seventh Sa

Dostuff

Interested in the tau and want to know what you are thinking for a price. Let me know

Enderwiggin

Okay, I sat down and compiled a list. Prices are at 75% (give or take) atm, but obviously buying everything will see a  decrease in price due to saving me on shipping to a ton of people. Prices are somewhat negotiable since I didn't expect some of this stuff to be finecast now and I have the sturdier metal. Oh yes, the cost listed is for all of that unit (all 5 XV8's, all the Kroot Warriors, etc.) obviously deals can be made for fewer or different packages.

All prices are USD, shipping not included since I don't know who's looking at what. Additional bits (like gun drones etc) are provided as far as I can find them. I know for a fact some things are missing or converted by now and the price also reflects me finding every bit normally in the kit to send along with it. If something is not found, then I will discuss a reduction in price agreeable to both parties.

HQ's
1 Magnetized XV8 Commander (I used it as a Shas'El. HQ bits included if you want to rip the head off and like the metal one more, I think the metal bits are ugly) 30.00

1 XV8 Commander (Again, bits left off, but included)  27.00

Elites
5 Normal XV8's (5 partially or fully assembled, one sealed NIB)  90.00

1 Converted to use a stealth suits burst cannon (glued on), plasma rifle, and Multi-tracker (proud of how normal it looks so the price may be a little inflated  :-\) 17.50

1 Converted with extra bits intended to simulate armor (different head and chest additions) 18.00

7 XV15's (two missing jetpacks, X4 sealed NIB) 25.00

Troops
X20 Kroot Warriors (Multiple bits conversions, unpainted)
X47 Kroot Warriors on the sprue- 115 for them all

X3 Kroot Oxen  50.00
X6 Kroot Hounds 28.00 (Like seemingly all casts of them, none will fit together without some GS)

X12 Firewarriors (primed black) 25.00
X8 Firewarriors turned Pathfinders (i.e. Pulse Carbines, unprimed) 15.00
X9 Firefarriors on the sprue 21.00

2 Devilfish (assembled, one primered black and the other unpainted) 56.00

Fast Attacks
X1 Piranha (1.5 sprue kits really, but the extra half kit is included with the whole one for free)  22.50
X1 Vespid Stingwing (No clue where the extra one came from but I'll toss him for free to whomever buys the first bulk deal) Free to a good home (likely still unused)

Heavies
1 Hammerhead with Railgun (rough on turret/gun) 34.00
1 Hammerhead (mostly assembled)  38.00
2 Broadsides (Assembled, unpainted, all guns but only 2 back covers included) 59.25
X3 NIB Tau Sniper Drone Teams 83.55

Super Heavy
AX-1-0  Partially assembled, but unpainted. The cast was a little rough in some spots (FW isn't perfect), the only hiccup is the detachable cockpit is no longer able to detach. The top portion needed to be glued into place due to a FW casting flaw, but unless you wanted to continuously detach said cockpit it won't matter once everything is glued. I wanted to note the flaw though since this is an a singularly expensive piece even if it wouldn't have mattered to me when I was playing. 165.00

Miscellaneous drone notes for a bulk deal
X5 Shield drones (three conversions, two metal unassembled)
X2 Markerlight Drone (one basecoated, the other on the sprue)
Too many assembled/unassembled gun drones. I'm not counting them. -_-

Okay, At around 75% Retail (Pretty fair for the amount of NIB, sprue, and unpainted models left) it would come to a total of USD$897.30!
Slightly more than the $500 I estimated the remainder to be at. (I found a number of unbuilt or "in-progress" kits). My fault for having so much Tau at one point in my life that I lost track of various projects.  :o

Anyway, I'll let the total lot go for a better savings than most online stores. Anyone purchasing the entire lot is also free to get all my old 40K magazines/books and related miscellaneous awards as long as you pay for their shipping. This includes everything from old rulebooks and RT trophy/awards.

Dostuff, please check your PM's for my first bulk offer. Anyone else, I will try to check back a few times a week, so send trade or purchasing offers in PM's or you can post here if that's more convenient.

Seventh Sa

Enderwiggin

I haven't heard back from Dostuff so I might as well offer the same deal as I did to him. $600 takes everything, free shipping to the lower 48 American states. I realize there are much smaller forces going for around this price on Ebay, but given the mostly unpainted/unassembled figures left and my fond memories of this place... 40%+ off is not going to bother me compared to what I could get on Ebay. Plus, I don't have an Ebay account so this is actually easier on me.

The buyer of the entire force also receives the following offer on some RTT trophy's and old WD's/codices.

If you want the RTT and WD extras included in a total bulk deal (number of assorted WD's going back to pre-300 and two stone, one the newer plastic skull and chainsword, RTT trophy's that are reusable with new name plates)-  I only ask that you pay shipping for those items. You can opt out of this portion if you don't want any of it though.

Seventh Sa