News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

August Second Sphere UK Meetup 2014

Started by Narric, April 19, 2014, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which August weekend works best?

1st - 3rd
8th - 10th
15th - 17th
22nd - 24th
29th - 31st

Narric

Starting a new thread so we can sort out the dates for a proper annual Meetup here in the UK.

To be up front, I am assuming August is the best month, due to Uni/college students being on summer holiday, and so would be able to attend. It may not give us a whole load of time, but for thoes of us who are not in Education, and are instead on Full-time work, its plenty to ensue we can get time off :P

I know Mabbz and Chris had a two person meetup recently, so hopefully we can at least get the body count up a few? :P

Cithaeron

Funny, I coulda sworn that August was in Summer last I checked... :P

That aside, any time more towards the start of August (cause, ya know, Uni) would work well for me. Unfortunately, much as I wanted to, I couldn't attend the most recent meet on account of my bloody back being a total pain in the arse back. What can I say, Ankylosing Spondylitis is a bitch. However, all being well I should definitely be able to attend the next one.

Chris

I'm game for early August...
Would depend on whether I manage to get a job for summer and whether or not I have money.
Put me down as a provisional yes.

Mabbz

I don't think I can do the first weekend in August (I need to check when my holiday is), but I should be able to do any of the others.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

I shall have to see what's available in terms of shift swaps in work etc so I can't confirm until July. Working 2 in 3 Saturdays sucks. :(
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Mabbz

I take my ealier comment back. I get back off my holiday on the last day of July, so I should be good for any of the dates (provided we meet in Nottingham; anywhere else could be problematic)

Wargamer

I'm game for coming if we can get some RT or BFG to happen. ;)
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

I have the rules for BFG lying around somewhere, but I never played (except a couple of games against myself) or had any models. If you have spare models I could give you a game.

Wargamer

I'll try to pester a friend for his Chaos fleet. :P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

Just had an idea. For those of us who bring 40k Minis.

A small tourny. 500-750pts each, and you play against each other person, playing multi-sided games depending on how many people come. Once everybody has played everybody else, add the number of victory points to your total of wins. the person with the highest total wins. Not quiet sure what the prize could be though :P

Hows that for an idea?

Restayvien

I have an Eldar and a Necron fleet. :P

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on April 28, 2014, 12:24:03 AM
Just had an idea. For those of us who bring 40k Minis.

A small tourny. 500-750pts each, and you play against each other person, playing multi-sided games depending on how many people come. Once everybody has played everybody else, add the number of victory points to your total of wins. The person with the highest total wins. Not quite sure what the prize could be though :P

Hows that for an idea?
Sounds good to me. On a related note, we could run the Scenario contest (or any other house rule contest) shortly before this so that we can playtest them and post up reports before the voting starts.

Quote from: Restayvien on May 12, 2014, 02:14:36 PM
I have an Eldar and a Necron fleet. :P
Bring them to the meetup

Chris

I should have a workable Space Marine force for that! Provided I get be there for it that is!

Vyper

Hmm, I might actually be able to make this depending on exactly when it is (Away for some of August, so will have to check). And I might have a usable army by then as well.

Mabbz

The current date seems to be the 2nd, although there's a good chance it'll get changed if people can't make it then.