News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Second Sphere Blog Group

Started by Narric, January 06, 2014, 10:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Had an Idea that this might be a different ad tool.

A fair number of Members run their own blogs, myself include.

Perhaps if more of the Bloggers of the forum made it known they were members of the Forum on their Blogs, maybe it would give a greater sense of "unity" ?

There are a few Blog groups around, so it does work, to an extent.

Just an idea.

Masked Thespian

When I get around to starting a Blog (as per my New Year's Resolutions), I'd be happy to sign up for such a thing, if it's in place by then.
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Narric

I technically have the start of it on my own blog. Its basically an Image Link that links back to a page like this one, that shows who is part of the group, and how to sign up.

Just something simple like this:

I'll probably edit the link to come here for now :) Might as well start somewhere ^_^

I'll also start the list in the OP.

Sorck

I'm sure we could have a blog/2S link exchangey thing. On 2S we could host outbound links to all of the blogs whilst the blogs hold links the other way around. Or a link rotator could be used to show links to a random member of the 2S Blog group on all of the sites (so blogs may show other users blogs/2S, and 2S would be showing blogs).

Jonagon

I could get involved with this, migt be a good excuse to ressurect my blog. might last more than 3 weeks this time!  :D

Narric

I think I have a few blogs already on my reading list. I have:

The Reclusian by Thantos
Tempest's 40k Blog by Tempest
The Power of Waaagh by WaaaghPower

Quote from: Sorck on January 08, 2014, 04:37:17 PM
I'm sure we could have a blog/2S link exchangey thing. On 2S we could host outbound links to all of the blogs whilst the blogs hold links the other way around. Or a link rotator could be used to show links to a random member of the 2S Blog group on all of the sites (so blogs may show other users blogs/2S, and 2S would be showing blogs).
Sounds cool, even if a little over complicated :P I think a link to a Group Directory would potentially be best.

Thantos

I need to paint something to resurrect my old blog lol >.< I think google analytics said i have like an average fraction of a view per day .. thats someone getting lost and stumbling across it by accident, most likely!

But ill put in a banner if it helps :P

Narric

Don't get me started on Google Analytics -_- I aparently get around 50hits per day, most of which goes to a single post. Since I posted it on October 23rd, this post has had 873+views. whereas a Narrative Battle Report, Hobby update, and a now put down Monthly Bits Store Report/Review have less than 30 hits altogether....

If you want the image file I use Thantos, its here now.