News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Isle of Carandia (OOC thread)

Started by Narric, November 08, 2018, 08:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Not a perfect landing for Aela, but I'm sure it was an impressive leap.

To be honest was worried you'd all go murder-hobo on me, but I like this result.

Cammerz

Just to check, was that round 1 or was that the first three and you now want our next three rounds of actions?

Narric

That was the three rounds. Unless you want three more rounds to kill the remaining goon whose prone on their face in the middle of the alley with a scorch mark across their back?

The goons were fairly brittle (an considering their rolls, pretty fail), so the fight was highly unlikely to last beyond three, beyond everybody failing all their rolls.

Cammerz

Mabbz

I've forgotten what I need to roll for Spellcasting, and I don't have time to look up the rules right now, but so help me I'm burning that horse as soon as I can reread the rulebook.

Cammerz

Well I suppose it's better than flogging it. Out of interest, how many players are still active in this? Are people still involved but their characters wouldn't be doing anything right now or is it just Nyx and Ben left?

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on March 20, 2019, 11:05:59 AM
I've forgotten what I need to roll for Spellcasting, and I don't have time to look up the rules right now, but so help me I'm burning that horse as soon as I can reread the rulebook.
I can do it my end if necessary :3

Quote from: Cammerz on March 20, 2019, 01:25:57 PM
Well I suppose it's better than flogging it. Out of interest, how many players are still active in this? Are people still involved but their characters wouldn't be doing anything right now or is it just Nyx and Ben left?
I'll poke Mkoll and Jac on Facebook. Sadly I don't have Railgun to poke, so don't know what happening their end. Hope he's alright.

Narric

Figured it was time for some progression. Exp and Gold for everyone. iirc, next level is 400exp? So hopefully the next part should get is that remaining amount needed.

If you have ideas for equipment or items (spell components for example) just ask and we'll sort it out. Maybe you could haggle for better deals? ;)

BTW, Cammerz, I think you're the only one I can't tag on Facebook or message directly, as I've forgotten who you are on my friends list. Could you throw me a message so I know who to tag for future updates? :3

Mabbz

Sorry for being so silent, I've had a busy month and this completely slipped my mind.

Anyways I can't think of anything I want offhand, but that may change if we get a better idea of what we might be up against.

Cammerz

Nyx is going to try to answer Ben's question with an Arcana roll. I have proficiency in that so I presume I add my +2 proficiency bonus to the d20 roll (I'm still not overly familiar with 5e).

https://dadi.lapo.it/1557616417

Trying to remember how to roll with this, I think that's it, which is a 6, +2 = 8 for Arcana.

EDIT: Forgot to add my Intelligence modifier, so that'll be 10.

Narric

Basic spells are easy enough to figure out. The zombie horse is more difficult, and/or you may not have enough clues.

Cammerz

Now, does Nyx know where to acquire crickets in this town?
I see that Knowledge (Local) doesn't exist in this edition so perhaps a flat Intelligence roll?

https://dadi.lapo.it/1558007379

On a 4 (+2 for Int modifier) = 6. Probably not. If not then she will open the question to the room, "Does anyone know where to find crickets around here?"

If it turns out that she does then obviously she'll share the information instead.

Narric

At work so a little hard to check, but iirc she is an Urchin, so likely grew up on the streets. If she is from East or West Gemos, then more likely she'd know, though prior to gaining a magical patron, she probably thought it weird to see a shop that sold crickets.

I'd assume the crickets would need to be live for best effectiveness of the spells that use them as components/material.

Cammerz

I can confirm that she grew up on the steets of East Gemos if that helps. She even has a map of that city.

Narric

Quote from: Cammerz on May 20, 2019, 03:27:11 PM
I can confirm that she grew up on the steets of East Gemos if that helps. She even has a map of that city.
She must have hoped a ferry over, as currently you're in West Gemos. Its a short ferry or boat trip between the two, or about a days walk along the connecting highway.

Maps seem to have disappeared from earlier in the thread. will correct.