News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The Lazy Lord

Started by Narric, December 26, 2012, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

This is a combo that just came into my head, and surprisingly, is LEGAL!!

First, take your Chaos Lord, trade up to Terminator Armour, slap on a Mark of Nurgle, and then give him a Palanqiun of Nurgle.

160pts total, and is fairly resilient to most weapons.

It is legal, as I said, as nowhere in the codex does it limit taking Terminator armour with a Daemonic steed (, Jump Pack, or Bike), unlike the previous edition.

This probably a very beardy character, but it I've got to indulge my beardy side every once in a while.

Edit
Jayne has pointed out my plans flaw. and it has been crossed out.

The updated loadout would be as such:
Nurgle Lord upon a "Palanqiun of Nurgle," equipped with Blight Greandes and a Sigil of Corruption = 150pts

Carrelio

Not owning a new chaos space marine codex... what is the benefit of this?

The Man They Call Jayne

Page 91 of the codex. Chaos rewards. Chaos Steeds. Footnote 2

NOT availiable to models wearing Terminator Armour. It would have good though :P

Edit: The benefit is a T5 Lord with a 2+/5++ and 5 wounds.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on December 26, 2012, 08:19:51 PM
Page 91 of the codex. Chaos rewards. Chaos Steeds. Footnote 2

NOT availiable to models wearing Terminator Armour. It would have good though :P

Oh balls, I must have gone blind when I looked at the footnoteds then :facepalm001: Thought it was too good to be true :P

Well, that just saves on points. Its still a pretty solid Lord. Just need to take a Sigil of Corruption and then he'll have an Invul save again. Perhaps then I'll add Blight Greandes to him as well.

Chicop76

I rather a nurgle lord that is toughness 6 with a 4+ invulnerable myself. Army builder is god for trying out th legality of some combos. One day I'll own the book. Till than I get to play with army builder.

The Man They Call Jayne

Just grab a bike and sigil and MoN then. Sorted. You do miss out on the extra 2 wounds though, which would be a nice boost.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Chicop76

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on December 26, 2012, 10:22:07 PM
Just grab a bike and sigil and MoN then. Sorted. You do miss out on the extra 2 wounds though, which would be a nice boost.

Yeah, but a str 10 weapon want instant kill me. Also strength 4 would wound on 6s instead of 5s.

48 marine attacks
24 hits
4 wounds
Bike lord takes 1 wound with a +3

48 Marine Attacks
24 hits
8 wounds
Lord at tougness 5 takes 2-3 wounds at a 3+

If I double that

96 marine attacks
48 hits
8 wounds
Bike lord takes 2 wounds almost 3. I would call 96 marine attacks the bike lords threshold where it can survive, but comes really close to dying

96 marine attacks
48 hits
16 wounds
Lord fails 5 saves and diess

Doing the math you can see the extra toughness winds up being better than the two extra wounds. However against strength 8 and 9 the extra wounds becomes better. Than when you hit 10 thoughness six is much better.

I would still go with bike lord with bikes.

BigToof

This build is actually quite good for Sorcerers.

The +2 wounds are great if you're worried about perils and if you have a big squad, you're not that concerned about being choppy as all get out.

Add Brand or Black Mace and you're good to go.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Narric

Good idea BT. I had checked to see if Socerers could do it as well.

I'm kinda half-way through building a model to represent this loadout. I'm not sure which came first, the loadout or the inspiration for the model :P

Chicop76

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on December 26, 2012, 11:52:19 PM

I'm kinda half-way through building a model to represent this loadout. I'm not sure which came first, the loadout or the inspiration for the model :P

You can use the tallyman model nurgling chair and I think the warhamer line also carry some nurgle models with that upgrade.

Narric

Quote from: Chicop76 on December 27, 2012, 12:29:09 AM

You can use the tallyman model nurgling chair and I think the warhamer line also carry some nurgle models with that upgrade.
Thats lazy :P

I'm building my own Counts As from scratch..... and lolly pops ;D

Chicop76

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on December 27, 2012, 12:38:36 AM
Quote from: Chicop76 on December 27, 2012, 12:29:09 AM

Thats lazy :P

I'm building my own Counts As from scratch..... and lolly pops ;D

You can buy a few nurgling swarms which you can use to build a chair. It can be fun if you place the nurglings just right. You can also have a few on his shoulder, on his lap, hanging from his head, etc. The modeling can get pretty crazy.