News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Enter, The Darkness [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager, October 13, 2011, 02:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"We can stay outside if you still need to charge your sunstone Tybalt, it's  nice day after all" Oan pointed outas he found a piece of string from his pocket and donned the talisman as a necklace.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

"We have a good deal of travelling left to us, you could charge your Sunstone on the move? We all have stories to share and choices to make."

He began to walk towards the tavern, then looked back.

"Plus im thirsty, my round?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

When Ja'nus, Oan and Tybalt entered the tavern they immediately spotted Galithir at the bar. Some drunk was insulting him loudly, while Galithir ignored him.

"Damn wizards, with their magick" said the man loudly. "I'd lake to see a ponce like you take someone out in a fistfight"

"What did you call me?" asked Gailithir icily

"I said" the man growled threateningly "that you were a damn ponce. What're you gonna do about it?"

"Nothing. I just said that so that I could get behind you"

The man turned around, confused as Galithir faded away. He was immediately floored by a single punch. Galithir picked up his drink and wandered over to his companions.

"I'm not certain we're welcome here anymore" he smiled humourlessly as he swept past them through the door and headed to another tavern. The other exchanged looks and followed him.

The Man They Call Jayne

"Was that entirely needed Galithir?" asked Ja'nus wearily.

"I get it, dark mage, necromancer, image to uphold and all that, but couldnt you just have confused him into walking away? Now we are gonna have to try a lot harder to get anything out this place."

"Nice punch though."

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"I think I could get back into the tavern if we feel the need." Oan said with a sly grin on his face as he spotted the barmaid again. "I'll catch you guys up, I'm just going to smooth this over, make sure we don't need to sleep with one eye open" With that Oan walked over to the man Galithir had punched and helped him up off the floor, buying him a drink and trying to calm the man down.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Ja'nus follows Oan back into the bar and spies out the old mage again. He walks over and sat opposite him.

"Greetings again Sir. Our journy through the forest draws closer and I was hoping that you may have some items that may be able to benefit us? I dont have much to trade myself, but i would be happy to offer what i have. One might even hope that you might allow us a few things out of the goodness of your heart, or a desire not to see us slughtered hopelessly."

Mabbz

"'Dark mage'" said Galithir exasperatedly. "Even Jan'us doesn't understand. What is it that makes necromancy so damned evil? One day, it'd be nice to meet someone that doesn't automatically assume I'm a dark mage. I use magic. It's a tool. Still," Gailthir sighed turning to Tybalt, "this isn't the time to talk about such things. I'm going to see if I can buy a decent knife. Tell the others I'll meet them back here in half an hour. It's time we decided our plans"

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"As you can see, not all mages stick to the stereotypes friend. My companions and I have no desire for trouble here, we're simply looking for information before continuing our journey. We'll offer assistance to the town as well if we can, fight to defend it as long as we're here, and when it comes down to it I can guarantee those "poncy" mages will be worth their weight in gold. Now, I trust there'll be no further violence?" Oan asked. Checking that the talisman he'd been given was still around his neck Oan wandered over and told the barmaid that he'd probably be back later on. Leaving her to serve her patrons with a wink he went to the inn to meet up with the others so that they could share their intelligence and make a decision.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

InsaneTD

Tybalt grabs Galithir's arm as he goes to leave, 'I try to judge people be there intentions, not there actions. And I can see a god intention behind that little fight. I don't believe Necromancy isn't inherently evil, but most of the people who have skill in it are corrupt and evil. And you certainly keep the appearance of a dark mage.'

Tybalt then lets Galithir go and heads towards the bar to get a real drink.

Ravager Zero

"Greetings again Sir. Our journy through the forest draws closer and I was hoping that you may have some items that may be able to benefit us? I dont have much to trade myself, but i would be happy to offer what i have. One might even hope that you might allow us a few things out of the goodness of your heart, or a desire not to see us slughtered hopelessly."

The old mage listened thoughtfully to Ja'nus request, before slowly spreading his hands on the table.

"I'm sorry, young mage, but my days of adventuring are long done. My worldly possessions now are little more than a magestone, and an amulet made for me by my granddaughter. I've chosen to live a simple life here
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

El ShasOcho

Marcus sits to the side and waits for the ruckus Galithir created to calm down a bit, then follows Oan back to the inn. He quickens his pace slightly to catch up with him as they step through the inn door. "Well you certainly have a way with words my friend, got that barmaid and Galithir's buddy eating out of your hand" Marcus said with a chuckle. "I feel like this place has just about exhausted its usefulness, and I would like to get on the road soon. What say you?".

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

The Man They Call Jayne

"Then I fair thee well venerable mage. I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future endeavors, and should I return, my assisstance is your for the asking."

Ja'nus headed over to Oan and Marcus.

"my friends, i feel it is time we share our collected knowledge and prepare to depart. I have learned of a "Sunny Temple" In the Forlorn Woods. This may be to our benefit and a safe place to make camp."

Mabbz

Just then Galithir entered. He had lowered his hood again, this time uncovering the head of a man in his mid twenties with short brown hair. He sat down with the others.

"I bumped into the other two, and I've let them know to come here once they have finished what they were doing. And I may as well tell you that I have nothing to back up my earlier suggestion that we go to the mountains, so you may as well ignore it."

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"I'll wait to share my info until last. As I said before, I have a reason for wanting to visit the woods, but it's quite a long-winded explanation so I'll wait until everyone else has had their say and we all have a full tankard." Oan said.

He looked over at Marcus "Just because I'm used to the solitude of the wilderness doesn't mean I fall apart around other people my friend. It may be wise to move on, however given the hour the rest of the day may be best spent resting, planning a route if we can find a map, and ensuring our supplies are in order before getting an early start in the morning. No sense running when you can walk, that's how you miss things."

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

El ShasOcho

"Fair enough. I tire of waiting, but leaving tomorrow early sounds good to me. If thats the case I'll head off and see if I can scrounge together some supplies, I dislike sitting around for too long."
Marcus leaves his sword, shield, and bow in the room and leaves the inn, and heads downs the alley next to the inn, looking for a market or someone to buy food from. "Well 'ello there sonny. Wouldn' suppose you got sum gold in ya pockets now would ya?".
Marcus turned to see a gang of 4 men in their 30s, brandishing a variety of clubs and dull knives. They looked very mangy, and hungry. "If I was you, I would turn around and leave the young traveler alone."
"Ahh, but I ain' you, now am I sonny?" the lead man said, a wicked glint in his eye. He took a step towards Marcus, brandishing a thick oak club.
Marcus turned away from the man, nonchalantly drawing the dagger from its holster on his leg. The grungy man raised his club and charged towards Marcus, aiming for his skull. In a flash, marcus turned, and a dagger hilt seemed to grow out of his chest. He fell instantly. "Any others?" Marcus said to the rest of the gang, Warhammer drawn.
The rest of the men turned and ran, leaving their leader behind. Marcus strode forward and pulled the dagger from the man's chest, positioned far enough outside to maim, but not kill. The stunning venom would wear off in a few minutes, so Marcus quickly cleaned the dagger with the man's filthy shirt, and continued on his way down the alley.
(@ Rav: Hope this was ok, thought I might need to roll for physical but figured it was a pretty easy fight.)

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in