News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Surely I must be missing something?

Started by Waaaghpower, June 12, 2013, 05:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

So... I just realized that you can put a Terminator Wolf Guard in a squad of Long Fangs with multi meltas, stick them in a drop pod, and drop down 5 Multi Meltas with relentless wherever you want for just 200 or so points. So... am I missing ssomething? Or is this a legitimate tactic to wipe out vehicle heavy armies? (I can imagine this being devastating against Guardsmen or certain Necron and Marine armies.)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

The Man They Call Jayne

Unless the long fangs have relentless I don't see it.

Models in Terminator Armour have relentless. It can't be passed over to models not in it without a special rule or Psyker power.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Waaaghpower

I must have gotten it confused with S&P then, my bad.

Arguleon-veq

I know a lot of people do it with Logan. He can then soak the shots for the unit making them far more durable, gives them relentless and they just split fire and kill two tanks. They also then have to deal with Logan running around in their lines.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on June 12, 2013, 04:02:45 PM
I know a lot of people do it with Logan. He can then soak the shots for the unit making them far more durable, gives them relentless and they just split fire and kill two tanks. They also then have to deal with Logan running around in their lines.
Ah. I read something about them getting relentless, this must be what I was thinking of.