News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Masque Question?

Started by Chicop76, June 10, 2013, 10:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

1. If a MC run can it be in any direction?

Now to the Masque question.

2. The Masque can slow down movement to d3. I was thinking how would this effect flying MCs and flyers. If they can only move d3 would they still be able to zoom or swoop. If not I might take her as my anti-ari so I will be now be able to assault flyers and MCs.

Waaaghpower

If you cast it on a FMC, it'll be slowed down and have to move normally instead of zooming. If it doesn't roll to hit, though, you can't hit them WHILE they are zooming. (Same applies to fliers.)
As for the running thing, they can turn all they want when running and run in any direction.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Chicop76

It doesn't work on vehicles, but it will auto hit flying MC's.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Chicop76 on June 10, 2013, 10:35:21 PM
Did they FAQ it or does it have a special rule? Because last I checked, things that don't roll to hit can't hit flying monstrous creatures. I presume this includes the Masque.

Chicop76

Quote from: Waaaghpower on June 10, 2013, 11:02:05 PM
Did they FAQ it or does it have a special rule? Because last I checked, things that don't roll to hit can't hit flying monstrous creatures. I presume this includes the Masque.

Last I check what the Masque do is differant. They said aurea, beams, etc.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Chicop76 on June 11, 2013, 12:58:29 AM

It says things that don't roll to hit, beams and auras are only used as examples.

Chicop76

Quote from: Waaaghpower on June 11, 2013, 01:19:09 AM
Quote from: Chicop76 on June 11, 2013, 12:58:29 AM

It says things that don't roll to hit, beams and auras are only used as examples.

Can you qoute it. It sounds like opinion more than fact. Not saying you are wrong. Just rather it was quoted or at least where it's at in the 10 pages of FAQ I read 3 hours ago.

Waaaghpower

I don't have my rulebook with me, but it is under the section about zooming monstrous creatures or fliers in the BRB

DEF Knight

"Shots resolved at such a target can only be resolved as Snap Shots unless the model or weapon has Skyfire special rule. Template, Blast, and Large Blast weapons cannot hit Swooping models."

Of note Snap Shots also preclude any template, blast, or large blast weapons, however, they also disallow any "shooting attack that does not need to roll or automatically hits"

So if the masque's ability counts as a shooting attack it wont work on Swooping models. If it's just an aura or some non-shooting special power it should be ok.

Chicop76

Quote from: DEF Knight on June 12, 2013, 03:54:25 AM
"Shots resolved at such a target can only be resolved as Snap Shots unless the model or weapon has Skyfire special rule. Template, Blast, and Large Blast weapons cannot hit Swooping models."

Of note Snap Shots also preclude any template, blast, or large blast weapons, however, they also disallow any "shooting attack that does not need to roll or automatically hits"

So if the masque's ability counts as a shooting attack it wont work on Swooping models. If it's just an aura or some non-shooting special power it should be ok.

Thanks. That clears up a lot.

If it was shooting she would need a 6 to hit. Anyway it is an automatic power and wouldn't work, but would work if the MC is grounded.

Arguleon-veq

Yeah its a very annoying ruling, it also took away Space Wolves one half decent answer to flyers [Njal Stormcaller].
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33