News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Eastward, Unto Dawn [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager Zero, May 02, 2012, 08:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravager Zero

Rolls

Safely past the fissure, the travellers began searching for shelter, some shade in which to spend the day. After half an hour's walk, they found a low rock outcrop, wide enough to shade them all if they lay at its base. Bedding down, they rested, taking turns at watch while the sun walked across the sky. The day seemed to be completely uneventful, without so much as a single creature to break the monotony of the hamada. The Katuni wastes had been given that name for a reason, after all.

As the sun began to set, the eight travellers rose from their rest, taking stock of their supplies, then continuing to move southwards, hoping to find some sign
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

The Man They Call Jayne

Farooq knelt down and examined the object in his gloved hand. It was an intricate little thing, certainly not something a commoner would have just lying about.

"Theif, get over here and have a look at this. Have you ever. . .aquired. . .anything such as this during your works? It is a fine peice yes? Something from a nobles pocket perhaps? Maybe there was somone a little special in that camp?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Roll

"It's a fine piece of work certainly. Very good craftsmanship to be found in such a simple camp. From the size and oarnate nature I would say this belonged to a female. That may seem obvious, but it's not unheard of for prized bodyguards and the like to be rewarded with silver, or even gold bracelets. However they're usually quite a bit thicker than this, covering the entire wrist.

There may be some clue as to who this belonged to from the tracings. I know in the West each noble has his own sigil, and other such marks which will be commonly left on House jewels, makes fencing them a pain, but I don't know enough about the East to tell if the filligree pattern is significant in any way."
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

InsaneTD

"Zaag is a Messenger, he may know if it's part of the tribes markings or just random design."

Will's on Fire

Zaag cracks his knuckles. He leans over to view the design.

Roll

Guys, you're not going to like this. I do not think I know what this could be. I know of many designs but this is not one I instinctively recognise. At a push I can tell you Murtan is right and it would be designed for a woman, maybe the lover of a noble, it is certainly an expensive piece. I guess the camp could be targeted due to this? I can not be sure.

Has anyone else got a better idea? Check around everyone and I'll do some more thinking.

Ravager Zero

Rolls

Tarrik looked around. Aside from the great rift behind them, the hamada plateau was empty. They were called the Katuni wastes for a reason after all. Sighing, he turned to take another look at the bracelet. Having looked it over, and not knowing what else to do with it, the Vedas tribesman raised it towards the sun, squinting at the design. Then it hit him. He had seen a design like that before. Once. An Envoy had come from the far south of the desert, and she had worn jewellery like this piece.

It wasn't a bracelet. It was anklet, and the symbol was from the Ghaswin tribe. It meant Envoy. Which meant that the dark people had moved very quickly indeed to track the Envoy down. It also meant the dark people had been in the desert longer than expected, if that Envoy had had time to race across the sands and warn one of the northern tribes. The implication was that the Envoy had been taken by force, and maybe, just maybe, was trying to leave a trail of clues for any would-be rescuers to follow.

Tarrik quickly and animatedly explained his theory to the group.

"We must move quickly," Salman urged. "Time is not our ally, and every moment we waste, the further away these dark people are getting."

"But which way would we move, Rikashi?" Prae'tor asked. "We have an anklet, not a trail. We do not know which way this Envoy was moved."

"Perhaps our mage will know

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

The Man They Call Jayne

Farooq stood, he felt a little of, somewhat off balance by the ritual. He shook his head and the sensation subsided. Regaining his composure he looked over Dreylan.

"I am no healer, but I believe our friend needs some attention. Especially if we are going to find out what he saw."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

Tarrik stood and shook his head before shivering. He was no mage and didn't enjoying being apart of rituals. He just hoped it worked.

Will's on Fire

Zaag walked over to the unconscious mage. He turned the mage onto has back and slapped his face to try and wake him. He looked up "I've seen it work before, anyone else want a go?"

"More seriously, lets wake this guy up, anyone good at healing around here? We should get moving soon."

Mabbz

Waking Dreylan

Dreylan groaned a little when Zaag slapped him, but remained unconcious.  He mumbled something, but all that the others could make out was the word "toadstool". Who knew what strange thoughts were going through the chaosigans mind?

Ravager Zero

Rolls

Seeing the others milling around, Tarrik reached into his pack and withdrew a pinch of a very pungent crystal. He wafted the fumes across Dreylan's face. The mage sat bolt upright, coughing and spluttering as Tarrik took the salts away.

"East

InsaneTD

"Indeed." He then turned back to Dreylan, "What did you see young Mage?"

Mabbz

Healing
Healing amount

After retching a little more, Dreylan was finally able to answer Tarrik. "I saw a few different things, but the only one I am certain of was the towers of Asrya. We need to go east."

After glancing warily at the 'smelling salts' that Tarrik was putting away, Dreylan began singing:

"Maan skyn en gloei,
Laat jou krag skyn,
Maak die klok omgekeerde,
Terug te bring wat eens myne was.

Genees wat seergekry het,
Verander die lot ontwerp,
Red wat verlore geraak het,
Terug te bring wat eens myne was,
Wat eens myne was"

Glancing up at the sun, Dreylan cursed softly. His healing had barely helped at all. He decided to try again later that evening.

Health

Dreylan: 5/17 [Exhausted]

Will's on Fire

Zaag looks to the mage.

"I think I'll try and find something that might help with that headache you've got there."

He then turned to the rest of the group: "Anyone want to help me try and find something, I'm sure there could be something around here."

InsaneTD

"We might find something back at that cayon. Might find something edible at least. I can't think of any reason to do that other then to grow edible food."