News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Mass Effect: The Council RPG (Mechanics and Rules)

Started by Rarity Declis, June 01, 2012, 08:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rarity Declis

RULES ARE UPDATED!

If you message anyone privately during the game (and about the game), please include me in the mailing list, as it is only fair. I am asking for people to honourably do this; doing otherwise is cheating.

Regarding dice rolls
All dice are done on a d10. A natural 1 is a failure, regardless of modifiers. In terms of units, this may mean death. However, a 10 is always a success.

Your Forces:
Each character starts gets sent a sheet with their information. They can try to hide or be as free with the information as they want. All the other players will know are: What planets they have (which aren't hidden), their races' status, any movements that affect another player (which isn't hidden or detected) and their leader's name.
Current information regarding races (Not including hidden worlds):

Asari: Played by The Man They Call Jayne.
A Council Race, has a seat on the Council
The Asari Leader: Counciller Matriarch Athame.
Planets, colonies and presence: Thessia [Homeworld], Illium, the Citadel.

Cerberus: Played by Sanguinius
The Cerberus Leader: The Illusive Councillor
Planets, colonies and presence: The Citadel

The Geth: Played by Mabbz
The Geth Leader: Geth Diplomat
Planets, colonies and presence: Rannoch [Homeworld], the Citadel, Hazza

The Salarians: Played by Brother Peturabo
A Neutral Race
The Salarian Leader: Keantala
Planets, colonies and presence: Sur'kesh [Homeworld], the Citadel

The Quarians: Played by Will's on Fire
An Outlawed Race
The Quarian Leader: Admiral Lara'Fira
Planets, colonies and presence: The Migrant Fleet [Homeworld]

Turn Structure: (This is the order you write things down in the mechanics thread).

Part 1: Taxes, Recruitment, Research/Building/Spying, etc
Name what level of tax and recruitment you

Mabbz

Yay! First turn!

Rannoch:
Light Taxing, Light Recruitment
Train: -

The Citadel Geth Presence:

Hazza:

A fleet consisting of 1 Battleship and 2 Cruisers is going to move to scan the area.

The Council:
Nothing really happening here yet. I am investigating the new race, though.

Rarity Declis

The Geth Fleet, headed by a Geth Battleship, plunge into space, scanning wreckage and broken ships.

Eventually, they find a newly attacked human colony. Whilst the population was completely wiped out, the Geth managed to discover who was behind it all: The Rachni, a race of hive-minded insect creatures had been swarming over the human colonies and shipping routes.

The Geth manage to retreat back to their ship in the Hades Gamma Cluster, and send a message back to the Council reporting their findings.

Everyone else is assumed to have normal taxation and breeding.

TURN 2.

Council Funding: 1,047,600 Credits
Spectres: 1 Asari

El ShasOcho

The Salarians orders for this turn.

Sur'kesh:
Normal recruiting and taxing.

Salarians on the citadel:
Light recruiting, normal taxing

Jaeto:
Medium Recruiting, light taxing
train an engineer.

First fleet will patrol important trade routes that the Salarians use.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

The Man They Call Jayne

Asari Orders.

Normal Recruitment and taxing for all worlds. And weapons research on the Homeworld.

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

Rannoch:
Normal Taxing, Light Recruitment
Train: Intelligence Security

The Citadel Geth Presence:
Light Taxing, Normal Recruitment

Hazza:
Normal Taxing, Normal Recruitment

How much do intelligence security cost?

Rarity Declis

Anything you train/research instead of buy is free.

Will's on Fire

Migrant Fleet:
Normal taxing, light recruitment.
Research: Improved ship shielding.

First Fleet with slight transfer of troops (Should I send the details of how I intend to split it?) are to be assigned protective duties around the fleet and will engage hostile ships unless they are outnumbered/outclassed (e.g less ships, but much bigger ships) to allow migrant fleet to evacuate. First Fleet should then follow Migrant fleet, whilst trying to shake off any attackers.

Rarity Declis

If you want to keep them hidden, PM me. Otherwise, just shove them in what you're doing.

The Man They Call Jayne

Asari Fleet will go to Hades Gamma with the Geth Fleet to find and destroy the intruders.

Mabbz

What's in your fleet? Or are you keeping it hidden, in which case you should probably tell me in a PM if we're going to be fighting together

The Man They Call Jayne

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2012, 05:04:56 PM
What's in your fleet? Or are you keeping it hidden, in which case you should probably tell me in a PM if we're going to be fighting together

It's a Battleship with Engineers and 2 Cruisers. There is an army too, but im guessing they dont have anything to do with battles againstg other ships.

Rarity Declis

Quote from: The Primarch They Call Magnus on June 03, 2012, 09:42:27 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2012, 05:04:56 PM

It's a Battleship with Engineers and 2 Cruisers. There is an army too, but im guessing they dont have anything to do with battles againstg other ships.

That's correct. Just waiting on Sanguinius, or Monday night.

Vyper

I'll send my Citadel Fleet with the others.
Other than that, same as usual.

Rarity Declis

Turn 2 Results:

The Main Council Strike Force:

It was a slaughter. Only quick thinking saved them.

The Fleets of the Geth 2nd, the Asari 1st and Ceberus Taskforce 1 moved confidently into space, knowing there to be a threat. Cruisers, faster and lighter than the other ships, eagerly moved ahead, killing a few reckless Rachni ships. However, this attracted their attention- as if by one mind, the Rachni converged on the new invaders. Outnumbered nearly 2:1, the Council Forces continued trying, wiping out 14% of the enemy Fleet. However, they had lost 20%, and that was before the whole Rachni fleet could bring it's weight to bear.

The Geth Commander that watched this gave the signal to have a fighting retreat. For the next four days, the trust between the Geth, Asari and Cerberus was stretched, and accusations about who is trustworthy began to fly in messages between ships. It was heavily noted that Cerberus acted apart from the other ships, and was the first to lead the retreat. Cerberus Captains declared they knew how not to be stupid enough to get themselves killed. There was an altercation between an Asari and Cerberus officer during a mission briefing.

The retreat continues towards Hades Gamma, the Geth Commander managing to keep everyone alive and together, but they have lost the momentum of the attack for now.

The Migrant Fleet:

As the Rachni forces beat back the Council Fleet, a third of the survivors went hunting for food, and happened upon the Quarian Fleet. Due to their nature and experience, the Quarians quickly and efficiently killed every Rachni that attacked them, before retreating away from the fighting.

The Salarians:

The Salarian Fleets patrolling their routes was devastated by the surprise attack by the Rachni. Believing that the Council forces would protect them as they promised, they lost a third of their entire fleet, including their Flagship, but managed to kill all their attackers. Victory was gained, but at great price.

Council Funds: 1,167,460 Credits
1 Spectre
Also Added: "No Recruitment" option.