News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Human "kroots" for Tau?

Started by Ra´Meses, November 16, 2015, 09:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ra´Meses

Well, bought into Tau again and seeking a second troop choice I looken at kroots. But then I realized they have basically the same stats as Death korps or Catachans and bang... The idea was formed to make human "kroots" based on finnish forces of WWII or Maoris or a mix..

I need bigger guns with nasty bayonets. I got a bunch of Tanith first and only minis but I will not destroy them. So it is making them with bits and pieces, maybe using the Skitarii rangers rifles.

But would I be in trouble say going to a tournament with such a unit and having them count as kroots?
"AND MY AXE!"

Narric

My understanding of Tourny ruling is that they can't have any third-party parts on them (so sites like Anvil or Zealot are out for conversion pieces)

I think creating an image guide for the models to show which ones have what wargear. A guy did that for their squats using the Orks codex a few years ago, and it worked pretty well.

Charistoph

Quote from: Narric on November 16, 2015, 10:36:33 AM
My understanding of Tourny ruling is that they can't have any third-party parts on them (so sites like Anvil or Zealot are out for conversion pieces)

It REALLY depends on the tournament.  If in a GW shop, they do have to be Citadel (or at least Forgeworld) models and bits.  Those not directly in a GW shop may have different standards, but they usually will define how far conversions and "counts as" go if they are any size.  If just local at a non-GW shop, talk to the TO.

In many cases, unless the TO has a vested interest in using your models to generate sales (i.e. GW shops), they are okay with such things, so long as they are consistent and recognizable.  Using Cultists and Catachans as Kroot stand-ins would make sense, so long as you don't have CSM or AM Catachan detachments in the same army.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."