News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

GW is Ending the Metal (and Finecast to?)

Started by Narric, February 10, 2014, 09:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Another Rumour I've picked up in my wanderings.

Apparently GW has, or will be, shipping off all its remaining stock of Metal miniatures to be smelted down and sold to the metal market.

BoLS Thread

There seem to be several rumour threads on this, but no concrete yes/no.

Some also speculate that soon after the Metal lines are removed, Finecast will also be out and replaced with Plastic kits.

CoffeeGrunt

Metal is being steadily phased out for plastic, as is Finecast.

That rumour about the truck full of minis was a hoax, though.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

Interesting Hoax. I wonder if it was GW wanting to sell off its backstock of metal minis.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this.

CoffeeGrunt

Probably from the same source as all the other fake rumours, either GW weeding out a mole, or someone who wants attention and site traffic. (Given that BoLS reported this...it's probably the second.)
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

silverfuge

I agree with Coffeegrunt. Metal hasn't been phased out they just stopped it when the did s**tcast and need bothered to inform people. The metal minis online are only the ones already cast and when their done they will be removed from the site.
Gm is God