News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Eastward, Unto Dawn [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager Zero, May 02, 2012, 08:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

'I agree we shouldn't stay here. There has been too much death here.'

Tarrik realised he hadn't take much actual notice of the dead, other then the fact they were there, 'Has anyone seen any bodies that might have been attackers?'

El ShasOcho

"Good point, Vedas tribesman. I have not seen any yet, although I have not looked for them. It would not surprise me if there were none, either due to them taking their dead with them, or there not being any dead."

Salman began to search to see if he could find any dead bodies that seemed different. He tried to sense the essence in the air, feel skeins and see if he could get more of a sense of what had happened here. If these mysterious warriors used magic, he would be able to tell by the disturbance of the essence around him, as he had not performed enough magick to cause any true disruption and it was unlikely the victims had been mages.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Ravager Zero

Rolls

Dreylan found himself inside one of the smaller tents, idly rifling through a small travel chest. Whoever had lived here had been slightly richer than the the rest of the camp. The contents of the chest turned out to be worthless, wood snippets, carved bones, even a small wrap made of sandray flesh. The chest itself was worth something, but carrying it around would look suspicious
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Vyper

Prae'tor shouted back towards the others
'One of you, a mage, come here!'
He had an idea of what he had just found, but he wanted someone else to confirm his suspicions first.

The Man They Call Jayne

Farooq began the process of sorting though the supplies. Things that were more perishable would need to be delt with first. He took a few strips of the meats and put them in his pouch under his robes for later, they would keep well for several days.

He stepped outside and alerted the others to what he had found, so that they might collect what they needed to augment their own rations.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

With nothing else to do, Dreylan hurried over to Prae'tor. "How can I help?"

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Guys, you might want to be on your guard. We've found bonewyrm tracks." Murtan called. He checked his equipment over, making sure his weapons were readily accessible then proceeded to the storage building. As he entered his keen mind took in the available resources, prioritising them according to value, then usefulness. He ignored value for the moment, surviving was more important than valuables, and took what he calculated would be sufficient for 4 days worth of decent meals. At a push he could extend that to 6, assuming the food stayed edible for that long.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

InsaneTD

Tarrik heard Murtan's call and quickly checked his gear. He then headed into the supply hut and added extra rations for himself, enough so he had a weeks worth all up. He then looked to see if there was faggots of wood. He'd grab one and suggest everyone else do the same. The desert nights got cold.

Vyper

'Scarab, some kind of ritual happenened here, something involving great power.'
Turning back to the circle, he continued:
'I think they opened some form of portal. Look, the tracks just stop. There is this circle, then nothing. Unless our friends suddenly gained wings and took flight, there are no real other explanations. Although, I doubt the wings theory, as the sand has not been dispersed ina way that a flying creature would cause.'

Ravager Zero

Rolls

Hurrying over, Dreylan could sense the skeins shifting uneasily, Essence beginning to ebb. Someone or  something had used a lot of power to cast some very specific magicks. Which magicks, the veteran chaosigan couldn't be sure. Fulgromantic, most likely, from the spark in the air. More than that, well, he just didn't know. They had so little information with which they could use to track these dark people, and investigating the deaths of the tribespeople had yielded nothing of value either, save for the fact alchemical fire was used.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Railgun Convention

With the bodies in this part of the camp stacked, the White Lion joined the others at the rations tent, to stock up to a week's supply. His own supply was preserved, and would last many weeks without spoiling, so he would be able to use these rations before they spoiled. That was the plan, anyway.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Mabbz

"I'm afraid there's not much I can make out" Dreylan informed Prae'tor. "It appears Fulgromancy was used, but I can't tell you much more. Lets go back to the others, maybe they can shed some light on this."

The Man They Call Jayne

Bonewyrms? Farooq had heard of such things, but he had no idea what they were, what they looked like, or how to kill them. That part worried him the most. He hoped that the "axe to the head" method worked on them like it did on just about everything else. He noticed others checking their gear and wondered why they didn't already know where every weapon was and if it was secure.

He walked over to Murtan and asked him about this new threat, the thief knew more than he did and that made him useful. "How do we deal with these bonewyrms? how do they attack?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"It depends on the bonewyrm. Like us they have varying levels of intelligence. I was lucky the last time I faced one, it simply charged at us straight across the sand and we had time to react, but I've heard tales of others who you never see coming until they're emerging from the sand beneath your feet. Looks like this one was driven off, probably by the fire. So it's sensible, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's smart. Best thing we can do is be on our guard and hope. A fire would probably help too, but that's no guarantee."
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

El ShasOcho

"If they are afraid of fire, I think I can keep it away" Salman said. "Does anyone have any objection to me burning the bodies now?"

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in