News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

HectorSmash

Mabbz

Apologies for the lack of posting. I've been staying with my girlfriend for the last week, so I've been busy ;)

...helping her look after her dog, cat and three rabbits. Get you mind out of the gutter :P

Anyway, big post on thursday for Celestia and co. Backlash, Thunder, Swift Shadow and Cloudy wont get as much, since I imagine they need to chat a bit first.

Waaaghpower

"Kinda makes you wish you got out more often, eh Hazy?"
"Not me, I just want to warn the Princess and get back to my tower before I get in any more trouble."
"Speaking of trouble, we should have run into some by now."
"What?"
"You know. A guard, a booby trap." (All their torches suddenly go out.) "Or an Ambush."
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Damn it, now I have to shoehorn Clopin into this somehow! Court of miracles is a great song, and I really want to parody it now!

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Mabbz on September 17, 2015, 10:18:02 PM

Damn it, now I have to shoehorn Clopin into this somehow! Court of miracles is a great song, and I really want to parody it now!
Holy crap, someone understood that reference!

Narric

And Celestia said let there be light, and it was so.

That was the second roll I had done. Originally I was just going to do two D20 rolls, but i remember cutiemark modifiers, so have been trawling through the OOC thread for the info for Cynder. Seems that +3 modifier was a bit useless, considering it would have been a 18 un-modded :P

Considering it was only mid effective (11/20) I'll leave it up to Our RP Overlord to decide how long the light shall last :P

BTW, Three Rounds Rapid time?

Waaaghpower

Wait, isn't the +3 applied to your stat? And isn't 18 a bad roll? Unless I'm going hella cray-cray, I thought you were supposed to roll *under* your relevant stat plus/minus modifiers, then roll to see how effective it all was.

Narric

Aaargh, now i'm questioning that myself!?!?!

Need to wait for verdict by the Game Master though XD

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on September 17, 2015, 11:17:09 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on September 17, 2015, 10:18:02 PM

Holy crap, someone understood that reference!
Wait, there are people that wouldn't get that reference? Where are they? I'll find them, if I have to burn down all of Everfree City!

Quote from: Narric on September 17, 2015, 11:18:57 PM
And Celestia said let there be light, and it was so.

That was the second roll I had done. Originally I was just going to do two D20 rolls, but i remember cutiemark modifiers, so have been trawling through the OOC thread for the info for Cynder. Seems that +3 modifier was a bit useless, considering it would have been a 18 un-modded :P

Considering it was only mid effective (11/20) I'll leave it up to Our RP Overlord to decide how long the light shall last :P

BTW, Three Rounds Rapid time?
:facepalm001:

Seriously guys, a detailed explanation of stat checks is literally the first thing on page 1. And your stats are also on the first page somewhere (post #9). I do not understand how you keep losing them ::)

Anyway, to reiterate, the bonus is added to your stat, and you roll equal to or under the stat to pass. Normally that would mean you needed a 13 or less (with cutie mark bonus), which means your 18 was a failure. However, as the spell is a very simple one, and also due to environmental bonuses I'm not going to tell you about yet, I would have given you another +5 anyway, which is a pass.

As for the 11... Well, you'll have to wait and see, wont you? ;)

Mabbz

Oh, I should probably mention the creatures, shouldn't I? There are four of them, all of similar size, equidistant around you. As for appearance... You know how chimps are kinda like smaller, less intelligent and less threatening humans?

Well these are a species known as the lesser draconequus. They're not particularly intelligent; think wolves, only they don't work together as well. As for appearance, they're about halfway between Discord and most ponies in terms of size, and the exact combination of animal parts varies. They have a limited amount of magic, but most of it goes into making them incredibly agile. They are capable of floating, changing direction almost instantly and even phasing through themselves to twist out of a tight spot. They do occasionally manifest other, random powers, but they are nothing compared to a true draconequus like Discord

And of course, I doubt I really need to say this but they are carnivorous and they are hungry.

Waaaghpower

Say, anyone know where HectorSmash is? I'm a little worried the B plot might get left in the dust. (Yes, I realize it's only been five days and not a lot has happened, but I get paranoid.)

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Waaaghpower on September 18, 2015, 12:13:31 AM
Say, anyone know where HectorSmash is? I'm a little worried the B plot might get left in the dust. (Yes, I realize it's only been five days and not a lot has happened, but I get paranoid.)
i'll harass him today I can get ahold of him also will be posting up after work i'm on my way out as i type

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Narric

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on September 18, 2015, 05:18:41 PM
Quote from: Waaaghpower on September 18, 2015, 12:13:31 AM
i'll harass him today I can get ahold of him also will be posting up after work i'm on my way out as i type
He's been active on his Tumblr, so I reckon he's just had other things on his mind. Probably comissions :P I can poke him there as well?

Mabbz

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on September 19, 2015, 04:59:37 PM
At the sounds of growling he backed slowly towards Celestia taking comfort in her presence
Quote from: Mabbz on September 17, 2015, 08:17:18 PM
Celestia was the only one that didn't fall, but before she could glide down to join them the ceiling closed back up, plunging them into pitch blackness. As the noise of their landing faded, they could make out several low growling noises, coming from all around.
Sorry Plumber, Celestia isn't with you at the moment