Second Sphere

Enclave => Online Roleplaying => Topic started by: Narric on November 24, 2018, 09:49:24 pm

Title: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on November 24, 2018, 09:49:24 pm
"I know West Gemos is known for the money that flows, but these prices are ridiculous Brindle!" A Half-orc adventurer moans at the bar, the Halfling owner of the Nightinggale Inn cross-armed and unimpressed by the attitude.

"You know I've been having trouble with supply, so either go sort it out, or stop complaining." The Half-Orc grunts and returns picks up the fresh pint of mead he had paid for. "I thought so..." Brindle carried on serving other less bad tempered customers. A gnome had arrived at the bar, and had overheard the exchange. Brindle smiled as he served the fellow short stack. "Don't mind this bozo."

A Cleric found themselves in the middle of the tavern sitting at a fairly large table. Most found themselves at tables by the windows and back walls, but the cleric found themselves joined by an elvish rogue as they rested their crossbow in front of them. There was a nod of acknowledgement between them, but nothing more felt needed to be said for the moment. The inn doors opened with a crunk as a Mountain Dwarf and Halfing simultaneously shoved past each other to enter, chainmail jangling and rattling across leather.

"Careful buddy. I didn't quite see you there" The Dwarf goaded the Halfing.

"You're barely a rats-paw taller than me, who do you think you..."

"Oi!" Shouted the Halfing barkeep, surprisingly loud for an individual of his stature. "If you're gonna fight take it back outside. If not drink and play nice. Kindle, please see what that table wants to drink?" The Dwarf and Halfing that had entered together grunted, and sat at the large table in the middle, managing to sit at opposite ends, and avoiding disturbing the Cleric and Outlander. A young halfling waitress arives at the table, using a stool to jump on top to see all the patrons sitting.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on November 24, 2018, 11:19:18 pm
"Oh it's quite alright" replied the gnome with a broad smile, "One of the benefits of being small, half the measures for half the price" which she demonstrated by ordering a thimble of brandy.

The barman looked at her quizically for a second.

"Don't have thimbles? That's okay, I have one here somewhere", and she reached into one of the many pockets of her cloak and withdrew a handful of items; a few coins of various values and places of origin, a battered thimble and a small brown mouse which took one look at the Half-Orc before scampering up the gnome's arm and diving head-first into another pocket.

"Don't mind Wigly, he's just shy", she said whilst passing the thimble over to the barman who gave the thimble a subtle clean before pouring out the measure and returining it to the gnome.

"Oh, I'm Nyx by the way", she said, holding out her tiny hand to the barman and the Half-Orc in turn.

Nyx was small, even by gnome standards, thin almost to the point of malnourishment and if she stood on tiptoe then she might just about exceed three foot. As it was she was balancing on the top of her barstool, feet dangling a long way from the floor. She had a shock of short to medium length red hair which looked a mess from every direction and was wearing a long dark cloak that seemed almost to be made of pockets, outside and in. Beneath this she was wearing what appeared to be light armour, made from wide strips of leather that had been dyed a deep red. Her large eyes seemed to express that the smile was genuine although if either of them looked close enough they might see an brief glint of something otherworldly flash across them.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on November 25, 2018, 12:07:34 am
"Bwahaha, see Kadoo!" Brindle hollered. "Getting school by someone half your size! Hahaha!" The Half-orc grumbled, downed his pint while getting up to leave. A couple younger looking men followed suit, following behind. Brindle leans close to Nyx. "You've made my day, so I'll say you can ask for thimbles of booze whenever you're in West Gemos. Just don't go spreading it around, okay?" With that he gives you a wink and returns to his customers.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on November 25, 2018, 09:41:09 pm
The mouse's reaction to the half-orc brought a wry smile to Hlaine's face for half a second. He was fairly average height for a Halfling, though more slight and nimble than you'd expect if you knew the village he came from. His hands were covered in small cuts and a couple of scars and he had a scar on his right cheek which was revealed when his shoulder-length blond hair moved back as he raised his head to address the barmaid.

"Ale, please." Hlaine said, addressing the barmaid. As he reached for his coin purse a set of bone dice fell from a pocket and he reached for them, catching all but one which was intercepted by the gnome before it could hit the floor and roll away.

"Thanks" he said as the gnome passed him the die. "Hlaine" he added with a curt nod before looking away, pointedly looking anywhere other than the Dwarf at the other end of the table.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Jacurutu on November 26, 2018, 03:08:09 am
Aela was going to buy a drink. She'd made the decision, but had failed to act on it for the past twelve minutes. How hard could it be? Get up, walk over to the bar. Force those facial muscles of hers into the semblance of a smile, put money on the counter and order a drink. No big deal. She took a deep breath, possibly incurring some reaction from the Cleric, a man whom she had been travelling with only briefly since entering Western Gemos.

"Okay Aela." she said quietly to herself as she got up. "Go to the bar. order a drink, no big deal.." she sighed as a wave of anxiety hit her, and she sat down again.

Although she loved to explore, had always dreamed of a life of adventure, had even achieved her goal and been entrusted a task by her people, it was perhaps a little too obvious that she had never done this before. Never travelled this far out of Merivoon, never been to a bar or even drank alcohol. It all seemed disastrously difficult, but she was not without determination. A mild-to-severe case of agoraphobia was the least of her concerns.

After sufficiently psyching herself up. She suddenly stood up, perhaps a little too dramatically than she intended, ignoring the fact that her bow had been knocked over in the process and arrows loudly clattered about the floor. With an air of confidence she didn't really feel, she approached the broad wooden counter surface, drawing back her green woollen hood and shaking free her tousled, messy auburn hair and with a pained look of sheer determination etched across her Elvish features decreed,"Barkeep. One alcohol please." and slapped one of her precious few gold coins on it's seemingly expansive surface.  Relief and pride washed over her for but a moment. She'd done it. She had ordered an alcohol.

Doubt arrived as she realised mid response that perhaps something with her plan was awry.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on November 27, 2018, 08:30:36 pm
Kindle stepped aside as the Elf stood and made their way to the bar, returning her attention to Hlaine as they made their order. "Very good sir, and what may I get for you as well?" the last part directed at the Cleric and the Dwarf.

Bwindle watched as the seemingly nervous Elf walked up, drummed up courage and... asked for "one alcohols?" This threw him for a moment, regaining his composure. He gave the Elf a quick look over, noting the clenliness, well-kept armour and gear, and the manners. Still he had to be sure.

"One Alcohol, you say?" with an eyebrow raised, sending a shiver of regret through Aela. "My dear, I know Elves have been known to abstained from the drink, but they at least know what is on offer...." Aela fidgeted a little.

"I'm sorry if I've offended you. This is the first time I've been so far away from Merivoon...."

"Merivoon?! You managed to get all the way to West Gemos from Merivoon without once sampling a drink more robust than Elven Wine?" Brindle tried not to cause much of a ruckus for his customer. He knew less savoury folk still managed to wander the streets and into the inns, and didn't want them to target such an innocent woman. He rubbed his eyes with his fingers, and remembered she had arrived with the Cleric so figured if she managed to stay near them she'd have a chance to stay out of trouble. He subtly waved her closer. "Tell you what, I'll pour you a half of Mead for free, but after that you gotta pay like everybody else if you like the taste. I just overheard the other Halfing order a drink, so I'm gonna be fair and make sure your whole table gets a free round." With that he quickly got Kindle's attention and waved his hands in what seemed an obscene fashion, but she soon nodded and smiled in acknowledgement.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on November 28, 2018, 10:37:54 am
Benjamin was too focused on his own thoughts to notice the elf's situation, but roused at Kindle's question. "Oh, I'll have red wine, if I may. Any interesting news in these parts? I haven't had a chance to catch up."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Jacurutu on November 29, 2018, 10:46:53 am
"Ah.. I didn't travel all the way alone. A strange, travelling fortune teller man was kind enough to let me ride on his cart. I got off at the border, as he was merely passing through."

As the barkeep offers her the free drink, her eyes widen. "Oh. Thank you!" She said, a little taken aback at his kindness. Still feeling a little awkward, she waited in silence for him to pour out a half measure of mead for each of those at the table before timidly picking them all up and giving him a nod, carrying them carefully over and setting them down. She stared at her own half mug quietly as she reseated herself. She lifted it and cautiously sniffed, smelling the sweetness of the honey and the acidity of the fermentation. She'd never even tried alcohol before and the prospect of swallowing what was effectively poison still didn't feel right. But since she was an adventurer now, she'd have to learn to drink like one. Mustering up a bit of courage she held her breath and shut her eyes tight as she put the mug to her lips and drained its contents in a few gulps, nearly choking at the unexpected strength of the liquid.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on November 29, 2018, 09:46:47 pm
Hlaine acknowledged the free drink with a nod and a half smile. "You might want to check if you damaged any arrows when they fell."  he said. "Should be alright, but worth a look."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on December 01, 2018, 02:09:56 am
Nyx could hardly believe what she'd just witnessed, that an elf could cross the entire island and be as amazingly naive as this one and yet the barman had just been kind, generous even. In East Gemos, or at least the parts Nyx had grown up in, this elf would have been chewed up and spat out the moment she opened her mouth.

As Nyx's gaze followed the elf back to her table she caught a look at the assortment of people around the room and almost did a double-take. These people were adventurers, proper adventurers. People who went out into the world seeking glory and riches beyond the wildest dreams of a little street rat like her.

Maybe this is what that little voice had meant when it told her to go out and do something different with her life, not just to cross the bay to scratch a bare minimum off a different city, to actually go out and do something.

Nyx gulped down the rest of her drink, climbed down from her barstool and wandered over to the elf's table, smiling at the current occupants.
 "Hi there, my name's Nyx. Mind if I join you?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on December 01, 2018, 09:55:30 pm
Aela coughed a little as she gingerly slammed the half-pint tankard down on the table. The taste lingered and the alcohol burned her mouth and throat, but otherwise she was unaffected. She barely caught half the Halfings comment about her arrows. Obsidian nodded approval of the naive Elf, and quickly downed her own half of Mead.

"Oh... *cough* Thank you for reminding me." She half-whispered, shaking a little, but managing to lean down and pick up the few arrows that had scattered across the floor. Kindle the barmaid stepped around her as she returned to the table with the wine for Benjamin. Nyx walking just behind her, and taking a seat between the Cleric and the Dwarf.

"For you sir. Aside from fathers' ale and mead supply troubles, I don't know of many other issues for adventurers to go on...." She stood up straight with her hands held in front, turning to Aela. "You may want to be careful of those that wonder the isle, Ms. The less worn routes, and a few of the main roads are easy targets for bandits, and some of the clever ones have started using decoys to lull unsuspecting travelers into traps. I'd say you were lucky this time, as the only known benevolent traveler is the pugilist preacher, Gulk."

"What kind of trouble is your Father having exactly?" Obsidian asked, handing the empty tankard to Kindle, who took it to be refilled.

"Jois is our supplier. He manages a combined Meadery and Brewery over in Lakenvale. He seems to have cut what he supplies us in half, and Father hasn't had the chance to bargain with new suppliers yet." She paused as she went to the bar and got a full pint tankard of Ale, dark red in colour, for Obsidian who took readily and paid the gold for.
"It is strange behaviour from Jois, as he is not the kind of man to underdeliver on a deal or sell out to others. He is clearly still brewing considering the quality of what we do recieve hasn't reduced, but I can't think of why he would half our supply like that so suddenly...." Kindle shuffled a bit, realising she had been simply standing around talking instead of serving other customers, a few of which she could were clearly becoming a little disgruntled with the service.
"I have to go. Speak to father as he knows more than I, or maybe the town hall would be better?" With that she pattered off to the other tables, apologising profusely to the patrons and rushing professionally to fill the orders.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on December 02, 2018, 06:57:58 pm
"No problem" Hlaine replied to Aela.  He was fairly sure the arrows would be fine anyway, but he'd seen more than one shot go wild thanks to damaged fletching.

"Supply problems?" he asked. "Could just be an issue with staff. Shame though, 's good ale."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Jacurutu on December 02, 2018, 07:19:14 pm

Aela furrowed her brow slightly and averted her eyes at the warning from the barmaid, her cheeks flushing a little red. "Got it.." she knew better than to argue, though the man she had travelled with had seemed nice enough. She crouched down to scoop up her arrows, checking over them individually to make sure the fletching hadn't distorted, or the shafts warped. They were decent quality arrows, and she prided herself on that. She carefully slid them back into her leather quiver,  flint tip first and set them against the table leg with her bow.

As the Barmaid left, Aela's eyes turned on another figure approaching. "Oh.. Hello." Aela replied, suppressing a cough as the Gnomish woman made her introduction. "Uh, yeah! Sure. Pull up a sea-- stool or *cough* you get what I mean. We were talking about supply problems this place is having... I think."
She shrugged and scratched the back of her ginger hair awkwardly. "Oh I'm Aela." she added, giving the Gnome a sheepish smile.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Railgun Convention on December 06, 2018, 07:20:52 pm
"Good ale it is indeed," said the dwarf to the halfling, "and ah'd hate to see such a brewery go down. Maybe we should..."

Obsidian got up and headed over to the bar, making sure her Vantadurn Captain's badge was conspicuous. "G'day, sir. Apologies for the altercation at the door earlier, but ah hear yer' having supply issues as of late. Would ye like us to check it out for ye?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on December 08, 2018, 04:36:06 pm
Hlaine sighed as the Dwarf approached the bar. "Oh good, just dive right in, why not?" he muttered with a shame of his head. "Don't worry about asking round first or anything."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on December 08, 2018, 11:22:09 pm
A new Halfling was standing behind the bar as Obsidian approached, female with long dark red hair obscuring half her face and clearly younger than the grey haired Brindle.
"Daaad, someone finally has the smarts to ask about our supply problem." She called out directing it downwards behind the counter. Thumping resonated through the counter, until Brindle popped back up with a keg as large as himself loaded on his back.

"Aaah, I figured you lot would. Findle, cover the bar while I talk to them? And don't forget our temporary prices this time?" He hoisted a keg onto an empty bracket behind the counter, checked the spigot was securely fastened, and leaned over the counter to speak to Obsidian, sighing breifly to start with.
"Look, Jois is a good man, and I would never think him at fault without evidence. But I haven't the time to trump around for new suppliers, so I need him back up to his best." Rubbing his hands with a cloth he paused, clearly feeling a little disheartened. "The increased prices mean I can offer a decent reward if you can travel to his Brew and Meadery, find out what trouble he may or may not be in, and come back to tell me whats up.... "

"And what reward are you offering?" The Dwarf asked, with a pang of underwhelm-ment as she had hoped something more substantial would mark her start as an adventurer outside Vantadurn. "I'm not just anybody's messenger, you get me?"

"Well, I'll do you and the group free-room and board tonight if you travel tomorrow, or for a night on your return. I can also do 20gold for each member of the party when you return."

"Hmmm, I'm not saying yes straight away. I think I heard one of them complain about not discussing it with them first." Obsidian waved as she returned to the table, and relayed what Brindle was wanting and what he offered as payment.
"What do you lot think?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on December 09, 2018, 12:28:19 am
Nyx's eyes went wide. This was it, this was the start of her new life. So long gutter trash, hello free room and board with 20 gold on top to seal the deal. 20 gold! For one job!

She glanced around, a figure of nervous excitement. "Can I join?" she asked the room, perhaps a little too loud and a little too quickly but she didn't care. "I can help, always happy to".
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on December 10, 2018, 01:17:17 pm
Hlaine lowered his tankard. "Alright, seeing as we're apparently doing this anyway, I'm going to need more to work with." he sighed. He noted the barman's worried expression. "No, no, not as in rewards or free ale, don't worry. What I need is information. Any other issues in the area that might connect? Any rumours hat might tie in at all, or anything in the area that might have caused some issues?"

Hlaine noted the curious expressions from the others at the table. "What? At this stage it could be anything from wild beasts making gathering ingredients difficult to half the staff being wiped out by illness. Just trying to narrow it down."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Jacurutu on December 11, 2018, 06:06:47 pm
Aela's demeanor sobered as the spontaneous group seriously considered the job. After a short pause, she gave Nyx a glance. "The more we have the quicker it will get done." She commented, nodding.

"Maybe there was a robbery at this brewery?" She added as Hlaine went through the possibilities.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on December 16, 2018, 10:24:49 pm
Brindle appeared at the table, a small meat sandwich in hand, he pulled up a chair.
"I don't mind how many of you want to take this job." He replied to the urchin gnome. "There does seem to have been an increase in bandits on the small countryside roads, a few even finding spots on the more established roads. You'd best be careful on your way to Lakenvale...." he took a pause to eat, his features showing he was in thought on what Hlaine and Aela had asked.
"Its unlikely they had a break in. Jois would have sent a message explaining as such... Something has affected his supply, I'm sure of that.... One thing that has been a notable change has been I haven't seen the delivery crew in as long. Before they would normally wake me in the night and we'd work together to load the barrels downstairs, and I'd pay for them and Jois in hand. Recently though they have been doing it all themselves and just taking the gold. I've tried staying up and waiting at the hatch outside, but I always somehow close my eyes for too long, and they've been and gone with no comment nor hello...."

"Nothing else is taken?" Benjamin enquired once Brindle had finished.

"That was one of my first concerns. My daughters and I at first searched the whole inn and our living area, but found nothing out of place beside the exact gold for payment..."

"How long ago did this start?" Obsidian chimed in.

"Ooh, it started a couple months ago, would you believe... I tried asking the town guards if they'd help, nothing. Posted a couple job listings in the Adventurers guild and nobody had any interest except complaining about my prices! Honestly this whole thing is mainly giving me stress because I'm losing business here, which is starting to hurt my profits... I'm sorry...." He stops and rubs his eyes, sighing softly.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on December 20, 2018, 08:49:26 pm
"When's your next delivery due?" Hlaine asked. "Might be that we can get some more information from the crew before we go to the brewery."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on December 21, 2018, 10:50:51 pm
"Assuming we can see the delivery crew, at least," added Ben. "Whereabouts is this brewery anyway? It might be worth a half of us staying here to try speaking to the delivery crew while the rest go check out the brewery."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on December 28, 2018, 10:19:35 am
"I don't see why we wouldn't be able to see them. They might be quiet but invisibility spells generally  cost too much to be worthwhile got this kind of thing." Hlaine replied.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on January 06, 2019, 01:29:09 am
Brindle collected himself, and looked over to Hlaine.
"Uhm.. I think... the next delivery is, meant to be tonight in fact..." He pauses to rub his face as he mentally pictures map of roadways to get to Lakenvale.
"Lets see, to get to Lakenvale, you follow the main road out the city, and take the first major road left, taking you towards Gemoscross. You then take the country road off to the right, which should take you straight to Lakenvale. Hopefully you can catch the deliverymen and they can load you onto their cart and save you wearing your boots down." Brindle pauses again in thought.
"It is strange how I've not seen them in so long despite the deliveries arriving and payment being taken..." He sighs.
"considering the delivery is tonight, I'll say I'll do your room and board tonight, and we'll see how things go once you return. You'll have to exucse me, it seems old Tyorbex is trying to propose to Findle again." With that, Brindle excuses himself from the table heading towards the bar where a grizzled warrior looking Dwarf was boasting his past exploits and promising a good life to Findle who was doing her best not to clobber the old man.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on January 07, 2019, 10:00:35 pm
 "Well then", Nyx addressed the group, "I guess we'd better get ready for them to show up, maybe we could hide near where they collect their payment just to make sure, or down by the empty casks. I can be pretty stealthy if I need to be and it helps that I can see in the dark".

She gazed around at the group, searching their eyes for the suggestion that it was a good idea. If you want to make it in an adventuring group then you have to make them see the advantage of having you around.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Jacurutu on January 08, 2019, 12:28:00 pm
Aela, who had been half paying attention squeezed her eyes shut and reopened them, pinching the bridge of her nose and rubbing her eyes. She wasn't yet sure she liked alcohol. "Yeah." She added weakly as she tried not to feel nauseous. "I'll go with you." She replied to Nyx's suggestion before glancing over at the rest of the table. "Maybe we should split up?" She agreed, turning to Ben , Hlaine and offering more timid glance toward Obsidian. "Doesn't look like all of us would be suited for sneaking around. Er.. no offense intended."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on January 09, 2019, 07:57:46 am
"None taken," smiled Ben. "But given we don't know exactly when they'll be coming, we'd better take turns keeping watch. With that in mind, I think I'll go get some rest. Wake me when it's my turn."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on January 09, 2019, 10:15:21 am
"Hiding works, we can get the drop on them if there's anything suspicious going on and hopefully hitch a ride to the brewery and figure out what's gone on there." Hlaine said.  "I'm gonna take a look around, see where would be best to hide and watch the approach as well as the delivery site."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on January 11, 2019, 12:04:24 pm
"I'll join you," Nyx said to Hlaine, better than struggling to find somewhere at the last minute.

And with that the two climbed down from their chairs and made off towards the back of the inn.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on January 27, 2019, 03:14:48 pm
The group made Brindle aware of their plans, and he told them which direction the cart would likely arrive. True to his word, three two person rooms were made up for the group, adding the advantage of the windows overlooking the alleyway. Hlaine and Nyx made use of the remaining afternoon light to scope out the alleyway for good hiding spots. Despite Hlaine's training in being covert, hiding like a child seemed to flummox him, Nyx on the other hand scrambled all over the alley, finding the perfect spot for the two of them to await the delivery cart from. Obsidian chose to wait in the doorway, while Aela took the elevated window position. A three pronged trap to ensure they got answers.

As the others prepared their gear for the evening and night, Ben took the middle of the three rooms and set his gear aside for a nap, but made sure he could pick it up quickly in a moments notice.

The group settled into their places, while the spring weather brought warmth despite the night.

The Nightinggale Inn is a timber structure with wattle and daub exterior and a shallow thatched roof. The front of the building stretches roughly twenty five yards, with two simple diamond patterned stained glass windows, either side of the entrance way. The building stretches roughly sixty yards back, with an alley on the right of the building as you would enter. The alley serves as an access way for the rear of other local businesses and is wide enough for a cart and a human to pass each other. There is a door that leads to the side of the bar, and two foot to the side of it is a large hatch that would open into the cellar of the Inn. All the doors and frames are made of wood. On the opposite side of the hatch there is a small stack of empty barrels from the Inn. There is a small one and a half foot overhang from the upper floor over the alley.
Across the alley and towards the front of the Inn is a smaller alley with a few barrels stacked three high. It is roughly wide enough for two humans to stand side by side.

[Time Skip]

The hustle and bustle of the city had died down to a murmur in distant streets. A steadily growing sound of hooves and wheels on cobblestone streets can be heard. As the horse and laden cart turn down the alley, Nyx, Hlaine, Aela and Obsidian ready themselves. A light breeze caresses down the alley from the cart, fine sand and petals drifting languidly towards the Inn doorway. Aela and Nyx heard the faint chirping of a cricket, the sound coming from nowhere and everywhere but distant. Their vision blurred and they slumped slowly into sleep. Another breeze drifted carrying nothing but the smell of some sort of perfume to Hlaine and Obsidian.

From his position, Hlaine could see two humanoids in robes on the cart, with a horse pulling it at a leisurely pace. The smell of perfume seeming to become stronger as they approached.

[Dice Rolls]
Hlaine Stakeout (http://dadi.lapo.it/1548598127): 7
Nyx Stakeout (http://dadi.lapo.it/1548598235): Nat20
Weather (http://dadi.lapo.it/1548598893): 8
Sleep Spell (http://dadi.lapo.it/1548600850): 29

[Status]
Nyx: Unconcious (Time Remaining: 60seconds) HP 10/10
Benjamin: Sleeping HP 10/10
Aela: Unconcious (Time Remaining: 60seconds) HP 10/10
Obsidian: Alert HP 14/14
Hlaine: Alert HP 12/12
Goon 1: Alert HP 8/8
Goon 2: Alert HP 8/8
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on January 30, 2019, 07:22:06 am
Ben continued snoring, content in the knowledge that he'd be woken if needed. Whether by his new comrades or by an explosion, he did not know.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on February 10, 2019, 10:26:29 pm
Hlaine looked round in amazement as his new-found colleagues slumped beside him. He had hoped things wouldn't get messy, or at least not so quickly. Ah well, so much for hope he sighed, and took aim.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on February 18, 2019, 11:12:14 pm
As Nyx slumps to the ground, a myoclonic jerk snaps her back to focus. Nyx blinked awake and immediately took in the scene, two targets, at least one of them just enchanted her. She whipped her wand out of an inner pocket, the wood looked blackened as if it had been rescued from a fire and was warm to the touch. She couldn't speak Infernal beyond a few words and even then she didn't know what they meant, but one of the words was at her lips at that moment. The utterance broke her cover immediately, seeming unnaturally loud and somehow wrong, but matched with the practiced flourish of the wand it conjured a bolt of black, roiling energy which shot towards the nearest foe. To Nyx, the world stood still as an impotent puff of purple sparkly smoke erupted from the wand's tip.

The Cart Driver glimpsed at their associate in surprise that their normal tactic had not work, regaining composure and grabbing a small simply scepter from their belt, swinging forward with a glob of archanic acidic. As the Driver finished the swing of his spell, the glob popped like a bubble harmlessly. The other had readied their own focus, but met with similar failure.

Hlaine rounded the cover of barrels, notched an arrow against the drawstring, and loosed. The arrow whistled swiftly, missing all but the timber frame of the inn at the entrance to the alley.

Aela's eyes had barely closed before she had shaken off the pathetic enchantment. She cursed in elvish under her breath that the alcohol had had any affect on her. The window was already open, she grabbed the side of the frame and jumped down into the alley, gracefully unsheathing her rapier mid-fall. The horse was right in front of her as she hit the cobblestone, landing half-kneeling and sword to her side. She yelped as pain quickly shot up her leg she had landed flat-footed on, her free hand flinching briefly to hold her shin. She quickly composed herself and stood up weapon ready before her.

Obsidian had already had her weapon ready, but chose instead of violence to try and scare the goons into submission. She dwarvishly leaped forward into the alley from the in door, ending up to the side of the horse. In the heat of the moment, all she could think to try was to let out a chilling war cry. She had taken a mighty breathe beforehand and her voice carried force as it swept up the alley to the road. The goons scrambled for a moment, a glance passing between their hooded faces. It looked as if they were about to surrender.

They dismounted the cart, and ran the opposite direction from the group. Hlaine shoot with arrows and Nyx with magic. The Cart Driver is struck in the back by Nyx's first volley, crumpling to the floor, his associate unscathed.

Obsidian's mighty roar had caused a racket, rousing Ben from his slumber. He grabbed what he needed and had raced through the Inn, arriving to the alleyway door just as the goon left the alley. Aela and Obsidian had ran to catch up with the escaping goons, and were now level with the wounded one, Obsidian spotted a dagger in their hands, and swiftly kicked it away.

"You don't look like any deliverymen I've met" Obsidian growls to the goon on the ground.

The smell of death begins to fill the alley.

[Status]
Nyx: HP 10/10
Benjamin: HP 10/10
Aela: HP 9/10 (Don't jump out windows XD)
Obsidian: HP 14/14
Hlaine: HP 12/12
Goon 1: HP 1/8 knocked to the ground prone.
Goon 2: HP 8/8 escaped, still in the city.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on February 25, 2019, 09:09:09 pm
Nyx knew she couldn't catch the fleeing goon and pragmatically wandered over to the one lying on his back in the courtyard. She sat cross-legged on his chest and placed her wand so the tip was directly under his chin and she smiled at him, then in a cheerful voice she said,

 "Hello there, we'd like to have a little chat. Sound good to you?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on February 26, 2019, 07:48:18 am
Ben carefully moved to stand near the goon, ready to step in if he tried anything.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on March 13, 2019, 08:14:44 pm
The goon groans with the noticeable weight of Nyx sitting upon him. His hood obscuring his face more as the night drew in on the city. Even so his pain riddled face still betrayed the malicious scowl he was giving the scraggly cloaked gnome. Obsidian walked up, axe in hand in case the escaped goon found reason to return.

The cloaked man had answers to questions, but how loose his lips were couldn't be measured at a glance.

The warm evening air of the ally, though still, was slowly being corrupted by the smell of necrotic flesh.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on March 15, 2019, 07:33:52 pm
"What is that stink?" Ben wondered aloud, before moving to check the carts. "Hey, deliveryman, why the need to be sneaky about this? Believe it or not, we're reasonable people that just want an explanation."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on March 18, 2019, 10:25:52 am
Nyx put on her best 'reasonable person' smile and cocked her head to the side slightly, indicating that she was willing to listen to the scowly man's answer.

The tip of her wand never left it's station, just below his chin.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on March 18, 2019, 07:14:08 pm
Ben worked from the rear of the cart, examining the casks. Each sloshed with the distinct sound of alcohol, but the smell was washing over everything at this point, and had gotten stronger as he had moved closer. The only other place to check was the riders' bench at the front. His eyes began to water, blurring his vision breifly as he came to the front of the cart. He wiped his eyes, and combined with the smell, the sight found before him was too much.
Ben's last meal made a gran spectacle across the flagstones on the alleyway, Ben staggering backwards to rest a hand on the wall.

It was the horse. Or at least what remained of it. Its flesh and meat, though originally covered in an auburn coat of fur before, was now blackened, putrid, and falling to pieces. Clumps of rotten flesh had sloughed off the side of the horse and lay beneath it. Much of its face had come away, revealing the equine skull. Its organs lay mixed with the vile mess on the ground, save for what had been caught by its rib cage.
It improbably still stood. Something was keeping it together and standing dead still as if trapped in a painting.

Nyx was doing her best to wordlessly persuade the goon into talking. Sadly it seemed to threat of magically face lift seemed to be doing. The Goon simply tried turning away, maybe a little embarrassed by the Gnomes' tough girl routine.

[Dice Rolls]
Ben Constitution check (https://dadi.lapo.it/1552935472): 4
Nyx Intimidation/Persuasion (https://dadi.lapo.it/1552935979): 3
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on March 20, 2019, 11:01:53 am
Ben coughed and retched a bit more, trying to compose himself. Once his head cleared a bit, he decided that an undead horse probably wasn't a good thing to have nearby, even if it was currently docile. Forcing himself to look at the creature again, he raised a hand, preparing to cast Sacred Flame.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 31, 2019, 06:55:59 pm
"Alright, enough games" Hlaine growled, grabbing his maces and approaching the delivery man. "Unlike my associates, I am not a reasonable person. So here's the deal. Tell us what we want to know or I start using various body parts to beat a tune out of you. Might break a few bones, but there's softer targets to aim for as well."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on April 01, 2019, 12:12:52 am
"To death you were sent, and forcefully claimed, I return you from whence you came" The syllables caught a little in his throat as Ben spoke, his hands pulling into a flat palmed prayer, to directing the divine energy of Karuma's rebalance towards the cadaverous equine. Bone and rotten flesh at once became engulfed by magical flame, scarcely touching the wood of the cart and surrounding buildings, but each shred of what the creature quickly turning to ash and was carried off by an unfelt wind. No more of the house feel to the ground, not even as the flames removed the legs from under it. The Acolyte of Karuma may have seen some semblance of the animals eyes from when it was alive had he not been holding his nose and turned away from the smell of burning rot.

The goon flinched as the Halfling made his threat. Had he not already been near death from the magical blast to his back, the threat of broken bones and injury may have worked. He felt confident, despite his position. Maybe that was what made his lips loose.
"Hah! You all know nothing of what my Master wishes to achieve." He snared, snapping his teeth at the wand pointed to his face. "Lakenvale is only a lesser part of what Master wishes to achieve!! He!.." The goon cut himself short, a flash of panic through his mind and he realised he had gotten carried away. These adventurers knew nothing, and would be no consequence. But He should not have jeopardised the Master so callously.

"I've heard sweeter melodies from canaries." Aela commented. "Shouldn't we tie him up and take him to the guards, or something?"

[Rolls]
Hlaine Intimidation (http://lapo.it/rpg/dadi.php?time=1554076996): 4
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on May 07, 2019, 07:41:59 pm
The goon was less than helpful when the group began tying his hands. Obsidian drew the short straw of staying outside with the cart, checking the kegs and casks that had been brought, and generally keeping guard outside. The smell of rotten flesh had dispersed, with only a small pile of burnt debris left on the ground.

The remaining party kept the goon secure in the inn. Nothing of note occurred, as the goon was clearly outnumbered and outmatched. The warm night passed by slow and boringly.



Brindle awoke with first light, feeling refreshed from finally being able to sleep through without worry of his delivery. His family rooms were in a third level above the guest quarters, behind a locked door for privacy and security. The fact a couple the guest rooms of the previous day's adventurer's seemed to have been left open didn't even cross his mind, nor the strange smell that was filling the day. Down one final flight of stairs, and suddenly he was awake when he realised people were already in the bar.

"What the heck is going on here?" He demanded in his calmest tone available.

"Well somehow this guy is a small cog in some master plan" Hlaine casually replied. "Somehow that involves only sending you half a shipment of Ale and Mead?"

"Thats.... a strange turn of events...." Brindle stood dumbfounded. He jumped a little when he heard Findle sigh behind him.

"I guess I'll go get a guard or something?" She grumbled, walking past her father past the adventurers and goon, and out the door without a glance or pause.



The Guards came and took the goon away, the group giving what details they had learned from the man and Brindle.

"You have all showed you're at least able to get some things done, so I'l going to pay you all five gold up front" Brindle pulled out his pouch and handed each of the group their appropriate pay. "I'd still like you all to visit Jois at his Lakenvale Meadery. I fear he is some sort of trouble...."

"Don't worry, we'll help him" Aela reassured in her softess voice. She turned to the party. "Is there anything we need before we leave town?"

[Player Notes]
Each member of the party has gained 50exp, and +5gp.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on May 08, 2019, 10:17:59 am
Nyx's eyes bulged when she saw the gold, Actual gold! Five of them! The coins quickly disappeared into various pockets around her person and she shook her head in response to Aela's question.

Wiggly's eyes bulged when he saw the coin drop into the pocket beside him, but a quick sniff and a testing bite proved that it wasn't food and the mouse quickly ignored it and went back to sleep.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on May 11, 2019, 10:39:36 pm
"I think I have everything I need for now," Ben said, with a thoughtful look on his face. "Although thinking about spell components just made me wonder; are there any special items needed for that sleep spell they used? Or the zombie horse, for that matter? Maybe we could find more information if they've had to make unusual purchases"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on May 12, 2019, 07:54:50 pm
Nyx thought for a moment about what Ben was wondering. It wasn't a spell they knew who to cast themselves, but components were usually easy to figure out.
"Sleep spells don't need much, especially for just small groups or small creatures." She stated while perched on a bar stool. "Fine sand, rose petals, crickets. A reanimated horse is beyond what I know..."

Ben considered the information for a moment.
"Carandia is an island, so even a small beach can be a source of sand. Rose Petals can be found in the wild or bought from florists. Crickets to my knowledge would be out in the wild as well, though likely difficult to catch."

"Considering they've been putting Brindle to sleep for each delivery, possibly other Inn keepers as well, they'd need a large or at least steady supply." Hlaine added into the conversation. "Could those volumes be bought without someone noticing a pattern?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on July 14, 2019, 04:06:28 pm
As group you had tried to find a seller of spell components in West Gemos. Sadly, no one of the group was from this part of Carandia, and so your efforts lead to nought. However, Nyx remembered she had cross the Gemos bay, and vaguely remember a trader who had crickets in various stages of being dead/alive.

For a silver each, you all cross using one of the many pedestrian ferries that crossed between the two cities, guided be chains below the water. The ferryman eyed the gnome suspiciously, but said nothing during the trip.

You all admired the view as the ferry drifted across the water, light splashing of the chains lifting out the water, and clunking of the ferry framework creating a soft beat to the world around you.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on July 14, 2019, 06:38:08 pm
As the ferry tossed the mercifully calm bay, Nyx withdrew and unfolded a crude handmade map of East Gemos. Anyone gazing at it over her shoulder would likely fail to decipher it but as they reached the other side and disembarked, she immediately set off purposefully, leading the party in her wake.

The journey was unusual, avoiding a number of main roads in favour of a route through back alleys, along a few side roads which at first glance would appear to be dead-ends and even over the roof of a low building. The rest of the group quickly lost all sense of direction but in a surprisingly short time they found themselves besides an unusual looking shop (which I'm sure the GM will describe).

 "Here it is, looks like he's still in business so this could well be it", Nyx paused in thought for a moment, "it might be better if someone else went in and talked to him, I wasn't exactly in his best books when I was last here and we don't want to antagonise him right now".
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on July 15, 2019, 09:24:23 am
Ben shrugged. "I'm happy to go in, but if someone wants to try subtlety first then speak up now. I'm just going to ask him outright if someone's been buying lots of crickets"

Ben waited a few days moments in case anyone spoke up.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on July 22, 2019, 02:14:55 pm
Ben walked into the shop, and carefully navigated the piles of crates until he reached the trader.

"Hello sir," he began brightly. "Allow me to be upfront. I'm not here to purchase your wares; I'm actually here for information. Some individuals were recently apprehended by the guards for repeatedly casting sleeping spells to break into inns. My friends have been retained to find out who was funding the operation. Since they'd require a steady supply of crickets for the spell, I was hoping you may have noticed any large purchases recently?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on August 01, 2019, 03:48:05 pm
The wizened storekeeper behind the counter glanced up from her knitting to examine the Cleric.

"Sadly youngin', I'm not a seller of crickets, be they living or dead." She croaked loudly.
"The little bastards are hard to keep while alive, and its best to have them pretty fresh for any kind of spell they're a component for." She seemed to look to the ceiling of the shop, stroking her wrinkly chin.
"Honestly, be easier to keep traps about to catch them, and take just the few you'd need." The elderly woman looks Ben in the eye.
"I haven't heard of anyone using such a spell on a regular basis though, so why do you really want to know?"

[Rolls]
Storekeeper (https://dadi.lapo.it/1564673919): 11
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on August 04, 2019, 05:25:16 pm
Ben didn't feel the need to try and hide his puzzlement. "I already said, someone's been cuaght breaking into inns. It's a bit of a strange case really; the people involved weren't stealing anything, as far as I can tell. They were just delivering ale, and yet they felt the need to cast a sleeping spell while doing it. Also, why use an undead horse to deliver ale?" He shook his head. "Well, if your sure you haven't heard anything, I'd better get going. Oh, and have this for your time," Ben added, tossing a silver coin on the counter. "If you do hear anything and can get the news to me, I'd be grateful."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on August 05, 2019, 06:52:42 pm
The aged storekeep picked up the coin and examined it in what light she had. With a twirl of fingers it seemingly disappeared.

"You're unlikely to find answers in the city." She raised her voice slightly to make sure Ben heard her.
"Most of the common criminals are simple minded, so magic is often well beyond their ability. You're likely dealing with someone a little more intelligent, and possibly with a plan in mind...." She locks eyes with the Cleric.
"Now good day to you, and keep that urchin away from my store!" A flick of the wrist and a savage point to the door, accompanied by wide yet threatening eyes was the last thing Ben saw as he exited the establishment. He signaled for the others to follow, not wanting to crowd the street more than the group likely had.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on August 06, 2019, 09:11:08 pm
Nyx left her cover behind some boxes and scampered after Ben, rapid-firing questions as they went;
 "Anything to share? What did she say? Someone buying all the crickets? Where to next?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on August 07, 2019, 12:24:58 pm
"Apparently even if you're using them a lot, its easier to just set your own traps to catch crickets than to try buying them," Ben explained, shrugging. "So this was a dead end. I'd say the only way we're going to get answers is to go to the source and investigate the brewery. Anyway, that's what we're being paid for, so I suppose we should probably actually honour our agreement."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on August 07, 2019, 07:51:33 pm
Nyx's face fell, but only for a second and then the energy came back, along with the almost infectious smile,

 "Well, we'd better set off then, supplies should be much cheaper here than they would be out West anyway."

Nyx's hand ventured into a pocket and out came the map of East Gemos once more and she started pointing to locations where they might find anything and everything they might want. It quickly became very clear to those with adventuring experience that Nyx had no idea precisely what supplies they'd all need but she gave so many suggestions that it covered most of the important ones just through chance.

When prompted to a specific option, she set off once more in a seemingly random and unusual path dragging the hapless party along behind her. Nobody knows a city like an urchin and in no time at all they were where they needed to be.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on August 26, 2019, 12:02:59 am
The party had alrady agreed they had no need for additional supplies, and so it was to Nyx to take the group through the winding streets and back allies of East Gemos. A few shortcuts needed to be passed over, as they did not allow for individuals of Ben and Aela's size to pass through. By the early afternoon, Nyx had taken the group to the north western most gate of the city opening up into the countryside.

The road climbed, fell and swerved through the nature, with the group briefly passing through Gemoscross. Due to the time of day, they spent the night in a decent inn, paying only 2silver between the five of them. At first light they ate appropriately for travel, and headed off along the road towards West Gemos, knowing they would need to turn off towards Lakenvale.

It was roughly midday when they were within sight of the turn off onto the dirt track they needed. However, between the group and the junction along the side of the road was an unpleasent sight. A group of ten bandits were milling about, sitting by a camp fire, sparring, or playing an instrument, the distance between each one varying from about 1 foot, to five feet, and from this distance the group could only make out a couple maces on each of the men. The road was pretty open, so if the group could see the bandits, the bandits could see the group.

The Bandits didn't seem to be readying their weapons, but with so many, that could easily change.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on August 26, 2019, 09:11:04 am
 "Don't worry, I've dealt with street toughs before. You just need something big and scary and they all run away".

The 3' gnome started off towards the bandits, "But if this doesn't work it'd be nice if you could bail me out sharpish".

Nyx approached the bandits with a smile on her face and a greeting on her lips, she got to the point she felt would be most effective, in front of the densest group of them, put her thumbs together with fingers splayed and cast Burning Hands.

<15' cone, each creature caught in it takes a Dex save. Those that fail take 3d6 fire damage. Those who succeed only take half damage. The fire ignites any flammable objects in reach that aren't being worn or carried.>
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Jacurutu on August 27, 2019, 05:33:22 pm
Aela showed apprehension at the prospect of fighting the group on the road. Bandits they almost certainly were, but she had no desire to kill them. When Nyx stepped forward to cast a spell, she wasn't exactly expecting it to be quite as aggressive. When fire erupted in a viscous swirling, writhing mass from her outstretched palm, Aela quickly darted her head away, secretly hoping that the rough and travel worn band they faced had escaped mostly unscathed and would think twice about giving their party any grief.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on August 29, 2019, 12:49:46 pm
Ben followed slightly behind the Nyx, trying to feel confident and wondering what the Gnome had planned. Perhaps she would try something diplomatic -

FWOOSH!

Or not. As fire leapt forth from Nyx's hands Ben remembered what she had said about a show of force. Forcing magic into his vocal chords, he tried his best to make his now supernaturally loud voice sound threatening.

"FLEE NOW, OR FACE OUR WRATH!"



Dice Rolls:
Initiative Test: 20 (https://dadi.lapo.it/1567081343) (figured I'd roll in case Narric thought it necessary, but with a Nat 20 I guess I can safely say I caught on to Nyx's plan pretty quickly)
Casting Thaumaturgy: 20 (https://dadi.lapo.it/1567082280) (I swear I'm not cheating)
Intimidation: 4 (https://dadi.lapo.it/1567082285) (Phew, I thought the dice roller was broken then)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on September 15, 2019, 11:37:29 pm
*Strum* *Strum* *Strum*
"Boss, you sure we're doin' right doin' this?" Lorey asked as he idly played a lute to some ad lib'd tune. "Bit odd we're paid gold to get them non-gold gold...."
"Heh, ye, you'd think they'd jus melt their own coin" Maro quipped.
"Shut up you two. We're being paid and thats all that matters...." Gildons' hammer swung his warhammer, stopping it deftly before it touched Kary's bald head, who carried on eating his chunk of bread.
"Yea, just about some fiddy gold more and Bee and I can set up our smithy" Added Terry A as Terry B stirred a pot of some form of edible substance over a campfire.
"Pfft, and what?" Eric jabbed at Terry A with the top of his mace, "Flood the land in low quality daggers? You two couldn't smith an iron bar, haha!"
"Boss said shut it" Mike growled over his shoulder, "And we got prey comin' up."

Gildon hefted his warhammer onto a shoulder, surveying the road to the travelers coming within a stones throw of the junction his merry band had been told to wait at for pickings.

"Looks like a couple midgets and their parents. Probably going to have hardly anything on them..." Mike turns away from the travelers to acknowledge what Gildon had said.

"At least let us have some sport first?" Gildon dives into the ditch barely a moment after Mike finishes speaking, along with Kary, Graham and John to their own close ditches. Heads down, a wave of blistering fire washes over their basic leather'd backs, singeing hair away where it was exposed. As the wave passes, Gildon quickly pers his head up with one hand on his warhammer, looking back at the bodies of his merry band burned where they had previously stood or sat, Lorey's Lute's string snapping from the heat one by one as the wood smoldered upon its owner's crispy corpse. The smell of smoking fat coming from Mike hung in the light wind the explosion of fire had whipped up. Kary, Graham and John similarly starting to pick themselves up with their bodies half covered in mud and blackened by fire.

Gildon got to his feat, taking his Warhammer in two hands, his eyes focused on the midget closest to him, that seemingly had just dashed away lives with zero thought. For a moment he reflected on how he had killed, but always after giving his prey a choice. With a guttural roar, he charges towards the travelers, and out of the corner of his eye, he sees the remains of his band do the same. Words echoed among the trees, but the choice was giving too late to care for words to be spoken now.

[Status]
Gildon (Bandit Leader) HP: 8 Enraged
Lorey DEAD
Kary HP: 2
Maro DEAD
Graham HP: 2
John HP: 2
Terry A DEAD
Terry B DEAD
Eric DEAD
Mike DEAD

[Dice Rolls]
Burning Hands Damage 11 (https://dadi.lapo.it/1568497243)
Saves: Lorey Failed (https://dadi.lapo.it/1568586622), Kary Passed (https://dadi.lapo.it/1568586704), Maro Failed (https://dadi.lapo.it/1568586804), Graham Passed (https://dadi.lapo.it/1568586830), John Passed (https://dadi.lapo.it/1568586872), Terry A Failed (https://dadi.lapo.it/1568586893), Eric Failed (https://dadi.lapo.it/1568586938), Terry B Failed (https://dadi.lapo.it/1568586980), Mike Failed (https://dadi.lapo.it/1568587030)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on October 13, 2019, 09:42:05 pm
"You could have given us some warning!" Obsidian shouted as she charged forward, axe and shield ready. She had been near the back of the group when Nyc had let loose their magic, so wasn't getting too close to the bandits. Hlaine readies his longbow, aiming for the mace wielding bandit behind the leader. He lets loose, but the arrow disappears into the roadside foliage. Aela stayed to the back, emboldened by the Dwarf and Halfling, she aims between Nyx and Ben at the one that looked to be the bandit leader. With a sigh and the twang of elven bowstring, the arrow took flight, spanning the distance between herself and the target. Gildon didn't seem to notice as the ballistic flew past him without even touching him. Nyx tucked a hand into their cloak and with a flourish fired a beam of energy at the crazed bandit. It struck, and for a brief moment it looked to be enough to drop the leader to the ground, but a small flash of light and a dash of footwork and the warhammer wielding man was still coming. The two bandits from the side of the road had managed to close the gap from their side with Obsidian, despite how burned they seemed to be. Kary had come up from behind Gildon making a b-line towards Hlaine. Ben took a more defensive stance, making sure they were between the bandits and the eldritch power gnome. He barely had time to be fully ready when Gildon was upon him. Gildon swung wide at Ben, who fumbled with his feet to sidestep the attack.
"Graaah!" Ben hollered in pain. The leading face of the hammer struck him in the side, the force and his own bad footing sending him to the ground.

Obisidian and Haline were too far forward, the Dwarf continuing to charge into the weakened pair of bandits. She went to cleave closest to her, but managed to miss the bandit near twice her size. Hlaine sets up for another shot, striking the bandit, and sending them to the ground. Aela felt frozen in place, watching as Ben was sent to the ground. Nyx continued a retreating advance, and flourished her wand for another blast. Despite the close range, the bandit was missed, and loomed menacingly over her. John relatiated against the dwarf, his Mace easily glancing off the armour causing to more than a scuff. Graham had better luck, coming in low and past her shield, his mace connecting painfully with her hip. Kary swung at Hlaine, but only managed a glancing hit that didn't phase the halfling. Ben gasped for breath, cluthing his chest, trying to push himself to get back up from his prone position. The pain prevented him from getting up, but he maintained consciousness. Gildon advanced more onto the gnome, madness and sheer exertion turning his pupils to tiny dots in his eyes. He brings his warhammer up above his head, and swings it down with force, aiming for the gnomes' cranium. At the last minute, she steps back, the Warhammer slamming into the dirt road, kicking up stone and filth.

Obsidian laughs at the pain in her hip, adjusting her positon now she needn't run to get into a fight. Shield ready for Graham's counter-attack, she lunges her axe at John, catching him barely on his cheek, but blade cutting deep enough to send him to the ground. Aela steadies herself, trying again to fell the warhammer bandit. But her nerves cause the shot again to go wide. Nyx plants her feet, looking the leader right in the eye, flourishing her wand and unleashing a torrent of power. The bandit didn't even try to dodge, and what is left of his body is flung back towards the bandit camp area, warhammer spinning wildly into the air. With a sickening squelch of thud, the warhammer connect with the bandit now formerly known as Graham.

Aela falls to her knees, shaking from adrenaline, and gasping for breathe. Hlaine dashes forward to Ben's side, as Obsidian revels and laughs at the two bandits at her feet. Nyx slumps back, landing on their rump staring into the space the bandit leader previous existed in.

[Status]
Party

Nyx Uninjured
Ben 1HP, Prone
Aela Uninjured, Psychologically Shaken
Obsidian 7HP, bludgeoned hip.
Hlaine Uninjured

Bandits
Dead

[Dice Rolls]
Ben Initiative (https://dadi.lapo.it/1570997375), Obsidian Initiative (https://dadi.lapo.it/1570997502), Hlaine Initiative (https://dadi.lapo.it/1570997543), Bandit Initiative (https://dadi.lapo.it/1570997597)
R1 Gildon Attack vs Ben (https://dadi.lapo.it/1570999514), Gildon Damage (https://dadi.lapo.it/1570999522), Ben Dodge Attempt (https://dadi.lapo.it/1570999883)
R2 Obsidian Attack vs John (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571000455), Hlaine Attack vs Kary (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571000532), John and Graham vs Obsidian (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571000749), Graham Damage (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571000749), Gildon Attack vs Nyx (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571001182), Gildon Damage (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571001201), Nyx Dodge (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571001227)
R3 Obsidian Attack vs John (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571001569), Obsidian Damage (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571001621), Hlaine Attack vs Kary (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571001899), Hlaine Damage (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571001920)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on October 14, 2019, 11:42:33 am
This was unusual for Nyx, she'd never repelled anyone back before. She'd never done anything like this before but something inside her told her that this was a good thing. She was becoming more powerful, and something was happy with the outcome.

She took a couple of moments to contemplate this before exhaling, standing back up, returning her wand to a pocket and briefly wiping herself down.

Taking in the rest of her party, she wandered over towards Ben and Hlaine and directed a question at the latter,
 "Is he going to be alright?"

<Note: I'm picking up the Repelling Blast Invocation so I can now throw people around all the time>
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on October 14, 2019, 06:22:42 pm
"I'll be okay," Ben groaned. "Don't think anything's broken, but I'll lay here a bit for the moment." He cursed a little under his breath before speaking up again. "I'm voting against any future plans you come up with, by the way..."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on October 14, 2019, 11:35:24 pm
Nyx seemed a little taken aback by that remark, "I though it went quite well, we took most of them out before they could get the upper hand."

She paused,

 "You don't think we could have talked our way around it do you? They were bullies, I know the type. If we tried to talk they'd just take what they want from us or fight us anyway. I didn't give them the choice".
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on October 15, 2019, 08:16:09 am
Ben shifted position, trying to see if it would help alleviate the pain at all (it didn't). "Maybe talking would have worked, maybe not. I would have preferred to try, although I admit that if talking didn't work that would have been a harder fight than it was." He winced as he sat up. "Since it's midday, it's probably as good a time as any for a short rest? I don't feel up to travelling just yet."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on October 20, 2019, 10:59:08 pm
As a group, you decide to take a short rest. Obsidian and Ben nursed their injuries as Hlaine took a watchman position on the crossroads. Aela and Nyx kept close, but were keeping to themselves. The various remains of bandits still littered the local area, though thankfully a breeze had been rolling through to keep the odor of death away from the quintet.

"Ya know, I figured you'd be a lot squishier considering you're a simple Cleric," Obsidian verbals and physically jabbed the wounded Acolyte. "Perhaps I could teach you how to take a hit without landing on your arse? Ha Ha!" She slapped herself on the knee and took a swig from her waterskin. Ben weezingly laughed along.

"Heh, well I might get knocked down, but I'll get up again. With the gods with me, they'll never keep me down, Ha!" The risk of cracked ribs did nothing to hamper his optimistic personality. "Though I'd prefer not practicing taking a punch just yet, if you don't mind."

A shadow skimmed across the makeshift camp that bandits had left behind, causing Hlaine and Aela to turn to the sky. the former prepped an arrow, will the latter readied her bow. The sudden change of mood in the air was caught by the Dwarf and Human, who stood with varying degrees of pain. Only Nyx continued to be deep in though as she stared at the junction at the bodies strewn about.

Hlaine and Aela squinted into the sky, the dark shape swooping low and starting to come in for a landing in the opposite direction they had come from. The figure came to a stop, the majority of its silhouette shrinking behind it into a sort of cap of feathers, revealing two clawed hand raised high to show them to not be a threat. Eyes adjusted to the strange darkness of the figure that was its feathers, highlighted with green at the tips. The head was corvidae in shape, with eyes red in hue. they seemed to be wearing tribal clothing, a quiver on one hip, and a collection of bags and a satchel on the other.

"Easy there, not here to start a fight" The strange birdman proclaimed, hoping not to cause alarm. "In fact That fireball you started really caught my eye, and I was about to drop in and lend a claw, but you obviously could handle yourselves."

"Flattery works on politicians, so what business do you have flapping down to us AFTER the fight is over?" Obsidian strode fourth to the Aarakocra, not threateningly, nor friendly.

"I am Raven, and I am here to discover what machinations are occurring in this land." Raven declared with conviction, straightening his back and standing tall before the Dwarf. "Before I left my Elemental home plane, it was known something strange was occurring in the Material Plane. I took the initiative to come ahead of others."

"Woah, and what makes you think we need your help?" Obsidian growled. "If we needed it, we'd have hired some flunkies from the last town we were in." She thumbs over her shoulder. "And you don't look like much in a fight anyway."

"Obsidian, if a being wants to aide us, why should we turn them away?" Ben interrupted the exchange, prompting Obsidian to turn around.

"Aside from it likely meaning a smaller share between us, and with us not knowing how well he can handle a fight, he'd easily be a liability." Raven's feathers ruffled a little.

"I can assure you, I can handle myself in a fight, but I do not wish to fight you to prove it." He was holding his composure as best as possible despite the very aggressive Dwarf. "I'm sure I would be an asset to the group, long before I become a liability."

"I say we let him join us. Not like I joined you all to become rich." Nyx flopped onto her back on what seemed to be the most comfortable stone to sit and lie upon. "At worst, we kick him into a ditch before we return to Brindle?"

"He also has a bow, and coupled with his ability to fly means he'd be able to target foe we may not be able to see." Hlaine added his two copper to the exchange.

"Oh come off it, are you really all siding with this new being over me?" Obsidian seemed a little upset by this, but quickly it turned to frustration. "What about you Elf-girl?" Obsidian was noticeably aggravated.

"I'm not really sure, but if the others are OK with it, it couldn't be a bad thing, right?" Aela shifted a little with the angered focus upon her. Obsidian didn't take this response well.

"Fine then, perhaps this isn't the group of adventurers I should be working with...." It seemed all too quick. The dwarf gathered her possessions and set off down the road towards West Gemos, even though they had walked from East Gemos. Before long she had disappeared around a bend, leaving the group to continue on without her.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on October 20, 2019, 11:10:17 pm
Nyx watched Obsidian storm off with a quizzical look on her face.

 "What an odd reaction," she muttered to herself before stretching and getting to her feet. "Hi there, I'm Nyx and these are: Ben, Hlaine and Aela" she gestured to her fellow adventurers as she introduced each one. "We're off on an adventure to investigate the lack of beer in West Gemos, we're currently heading to the brewery to see what might be up".
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: ULQ on October 20, 2019, 11:50:19 pm
Raven watched the dwarf vanish with his head, tilted in amusement and in disbelief before focusing his gaze on Nyx and the rest of the party.

"i am sorry my choice to appear to you all has resulted in a loss of one of your fellow travelers" he said calmly, as he jolted his head up in a quick motion before returning it to focus on Nyx
"i mean hello". he paused in though then continued "beer shortage?, what do you fellows receive from such a task?" he asked as his gaze turned to his surroundings, looking for a stable branch or comfy spot.

Suddenly he stops and turns to the group with a concerned tilt to his head, "I perhaps could inquire if anyone you have any spare arrows? or could instruct me on making make some make shift ones for now?"
his head slowly changing from concern to interest as he speaks.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on October 22, 2019, 11:13:54 pm
 "Well we get paid of course, the very nice barkeep will pay each of us for finding out why his supply has been reduced and if we fix it then there will be more beer so the prices can go back to normal", Nyx explained to the big talking bird.

For the first time since they'd been given their quest Nyx was thinking about the 20 gold she'd been promised. Nyx had never even seen that much gold all in one place and the thought of enough gold to pay all of them brought a gleam to her eyes and a genuine smile to her face.

"I'm sure he won't mind you joining us, one leaves and another joins so it'll cost him all the same. We were just having a short rest here before carrying on towards the brewery."

Nyx's gaze suddenly fell back towards the bandit camp, now abandoned. Growing up on the streets of East Gemos she knew that scavenging, while not exactly honourable, was a guaranteed way to keep you fed for at least one more day. It's not like they'd be missing it and if Nyx didn't pick it up then the next travellers surely would.

Her mind made up she turned back towards the smouldering camp to forage, addressing the others over her shoulder.
"We probably shouldn't leave all of this stuff just lying around, there might be something useful".
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: ULQ on October 22, 2019, 11:40:34 pm
Raven rummages through one of his pouches and looks in, counting at all the shiny gold he collected since arriving in this plane.
"i prefer supplies and items to gold, but the gold does allows you to pick things" Raven replied to Nyx watching her, as if trying to peer into her mind.

as Nyx turned toward the camp to forage and hearing the advice, Raven calls to Nyx
"Nyx you don't mind if i look for food?, for us all, least i can do is make sure we are full, after defending a stranger like me do you?"

Waiting for no reply Raven spreads out his wings and starts to check for food for the group. (D20 Nature check = https://dadi.lapo.it/1571787462 = 19)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on October 23, 2019, 06:25:14 am
Ben decided to stay where he was. He didn't much feel like rummaging through bodies at this point, and instead he lay as still as possible to recover from his injuries.

Ben's HP recovery: 5 (https://dadi.lapo.it/1571811825)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on October 29, 2019, 10:38:51 pm
Aela and Hlaine kept a vigil on the roads as Ben recovered. Beyond the group, it was like the rest of the island had gone silent, as not a soul passed by them.

From his birds eye view, Raven managed to find a variety of nests and berry bushes. Only one nest had a single egg in, and the berry bushes weren't quite ripe enough beyond the four early picks he could find.

Nyx had to hold her nose as she searched the charred remains of the bandits and the pulverised and spread bandit leader. They weren't carrying much gold each, and otherwise just had their maces and a dagger as their weapons. Nyx tried to search the bandit leader for what may have caused a flash of light when her magic struck him. Nothing save the Warhammer that fell the last bandit. She had about as much luck searching the singed but dead bandits. The camp was largely barren, save for the fire pit which by this point had an increadibly overcooked and crunchy stew in a travel pot.

After all this is was roughly mid afternoon.

[Status]
Party

Nyx has found 9x Maces, 1x Warhammer, 92g
Ben Recovered to 6HP
Obsidian [Has left the Party]
Raven [Has Joined the Party]

[Dice Rolls]
Raven Eggs Found: 1 (https://dadi.lapo.it/1572387829), Raven Berris Found: 4 (https://dadi.lapo.it/1572387836), Nyx body Search Leader (https://dadi.lapo.it/1572387928), Nyx Total gold Found: 92g (https://dadi.lapo.it/1572388154)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on October 29, 2019, 10:58:47 pm
Nyx's eyes widened, these bandits were carrying gold, actual gold! And with each one she searched she found more and more, dozens of gold pieces! Nyx came away with a positive mountain of gold. This was almost as much as they would have been paid for the job, they were rich!

She dumped the treasure in a pile on the road for the others to inspect, a huge grin on her face.

 "Guys, look. Just look!"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: ULQ on October 30, 2019, 07:46:17 am
As raven returns with the little he found while foraging, landing in the same spot he used before, folding his wings behind him to form a feathery cloak behind him.

"I didn't find much, In this area, Hope i have better luck in the coming days" as he spoke he looked at the group again, giving a friendly nod of his bird like head to each as a way to say hi.

Hearing Nyx call for the group to look at something he walks over to her without looking "Whats up Nyx?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on October 30, 2019, 11:14:57 am
After a moment, Ben started counting out the coins. "Ninety-two. So that would be... twenty-three each, not counting Raven." He cast an apologetic glance at the Aarakocra as he said this. "No offence meant, but you weren't involved in the fight. Unless anyone disagrees?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: ULQ on October 30, 2019, 02:00:29 pm
Raven looks at Ben as if looking at something interesting and watching him fiddle with the gold coins.
"No apology needed, My arrival was unexpected, I am an outsider to this group and to this realm."
now turning his gaze to the sky, looking like he can see miles out into it.
"Lets say for now my payment was not being put with the likes of these poor fellows." he looks back at Ben, "sounds fair right?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on October 30, 2019, 11:11:34 pm
Nyx exchanged a look with Ben, shrugged lightly and began depositing her share around the many pockets of her cloak.

 "We should probably get moving, it's a long way to go and we can manage a few more miles before dark. I'd rather not camp around here, that lot might attract some wild animals that I'd rather not encounter in the middle of the night".
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: ULQ on October 31, 2019, 12:45:08 am
"When we move out, I will be flying and keeping a watch over you all, I'll keep an eye out for anything interesting for you all"

Raven replied starting to stretch his wings in a warm up fashion. Watching Ben as he said it, His head moves to look at the sky and the position of the sun.

"Night flying is out the question for now, I need the sun to fly, As cover, Hurts eyes when you stare at the sun, If i see any trouble ill fire an arrow before your path, Still be careful"

Still flexing his wing he looks to the group letting them fall relaxed "Refusal i understand, Useful as it is, It is not without risks" He suddenly pauses.

He takes one last quick look around moving his head to side to side, Then back to the group.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on October 31, 2019, 01:51:06 pm
Nyx spent a moment trying to work out precisely what was being said before the friendly smile returned to her face,
 "Um, yeah, sure. If you think it would be helpful then you go ahead and fly above. Feel free to walk with us instead if you think it's getting too dark up there".

Turning to address the rest of the party, "I suppose we should be off then".

She waited for them to grab their things and then let those with more wildreness experience walk ahead. She felt she was doing a pretty good job pretending she knew what to do out of the city. She hadn't exactly let on that she'd never left the city before but she reckoned she was handling it.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: ULQ on November 02, 2019, 01:06:08 pm
Raven thinks for a moment and watches the group gather.
"ill be right behind you all, dont see any harm in walking with you all"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on November 04, 2019, 02:10:29 am
With the group packed up and ready, Raven took to the afternoon air as Hlaine and Aela took vigil at the front and back of the ground group. The road was moderately used, typical of the areas surrounding small settlements.

It was surpringly short traveling before they arrive through the light wooden gates of Lakenvale. The gate seemed more for show, as no wall or fence snaked into the surrounding area, ostensibly stating the boundaries of where the small town ended. The main road into the town lead straight to a small temple, a carved totem signifying it accepted all to enter. The temple was surrounded by overwatered and drooping plants that were struggling to flower, and then a road that seemed to loop around the structure. Beyond the Temple the group could see a wide lake with a handful of freshwater fishing vessels. The main circle of the town had a number of stores, in order clockwise from the road the group entered from was a Smith and Weapons shop, an average sized Inn, a few simple two story houses, a prominent fishmongers overshadowing its neighbour of a Butchers, and lastly a semi open-air market which seemed to sell odds an ends but was dominated with fresh produce.

The group quickly noticed and were confirmed by the landing Raven, that the brewery was not within the town it self. Splitting up to ask around, the group tried individually to find out how to get to the lakenvale Brewery. Raven tried asking an elderly townsfolk, who was quickly spooked by his corvide appearence, and proceeded to shoo him away with a wicker broom. Ben made his way to the Temple, but was turned away, as the temples' clerics had sworn off alcohol and looked down upon does whom consumed it. Aela inquested at the general market stall, as Hlaine asked at the Smith and Weapons store, both coming back empty handed. Nyx on the other hand, had managed to find some young boys who were barely past ten summers of age. They'd told her the rough direction out of town the brewery could be found, but kept suggesting she grab a spare bottle of five for them to have without their parents knowing. Having what she needed, she managed to slip away from the youths.

"Seems we'll need to follow the road northwards around the lake to get to the brewery." The gnome informed the group after they met back up just outside the Inn. "Doesn't sound too far away considering ho quickly we got here after dealing with those bandits, but the afternoon is dragging on, wouldn't you say?"

Raven was muttering to himself as he was attempting to preen his feathers after his encounter with the elderly.

"Approaching at night could give us some advantage depending on what we find there?" Hlaine spoke up. "But we've also been traveling through two cities and had to dealt with highway bandits, so we may not be able to capitalise on it as best we could."

"But we also don't know the layout of the brewery." Ben added. "The road may have us exposed, or we won't see whats going on within the property until we're there by which point we might not be in the right place to get the advantage of surprise."

[Status]
Party

Raven: disheartened from such ruthless shooing

[Dice Rolls]
Brewery Info: Nyx (https://dadi.lapo.it/1572831603), Aela (https://dadi.lapo.it/1572831611), Raven (https://dadi.lapo.it/1572831618), Ben (https://dadi.lapo.it/1572831626), Hlaine (https://dadi.lapo.it/1572831632)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on November 04, 2019, 09:25:53 am
"Well the best place to ask would probably be in here", Nyx gestured to the inn they were next to, "It'd also let us know whether the beer is having trouble getting this far, just in case it's an issue with the road and not the brewery. Also it's getting late and I'd like a hot bath and a hot meal now I can afford both".

With that, Nyx led the way inside and began arranging room for the lot of them, a hot meal, a drawn bath and a third of a pint of beer (the best way to establish whether there's a shortage is to try and buy something, and the landlord would be more likely to answer her questions after she'd handed over some gold).

[Persuasion roll to get information] https://dadi.lapo.it/1572859504
(+2) = 20
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: ULQ on November 04, 2019, 09:41:18 am
Raven follows Nyx into the inn, looks around, looks back at the group.
"ill be over there" he said pointing to the darkest corner he could see in the inn, as he sits down he tries to blend into the shadows as best as he can being a recognizing being to this plane.

[stealth roll] https://dadi.lapo.it/1572860339
 (+3) = 9

Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on December 08, 2019, 11:10:12 pm
The door to the inn clunked open loudly as Nyx led the group inside. The patrons all rose eyes to the newcomers, unsubtle watching the odd group enter and take a table together. Despite his best efforts, Raven could not avoid any gazes, for no-one in this land had seen an Aarakocra before. His attempts to stay out of sight while staying with the group did lessen the number of eyes that tracked his every move. With everyone seated, Nyx flagged one of the Half-Orc barmaids.

"Afternoon, my colleagues and I were hoping for a round of drinks, rooms for the night, and I was hoping for a bite to eat and maybe a bath?" Nyx requested with a friendly smile. The Half-orc merely grunted, her disinterest apparent.

"Wha' abou' ah res' of you?" She growled through her underbite tusks. "Mos' ah booze is 'riple mark up, jus' so you know."

"Triple mark up?" Nyx feigned surprise. "Whatever has happened?" The group except Raven glanced at each other, suspecting what was the cause.

"'ha' old Jois is barely fillin' half our orders" The barmaid grunted. "Ah blame 'hose weirdos he's got doin' ah haulin'. Was jus' af'er 'hey showed up ah deliveries wen' sou'h."

"That is an interesting development" Ben commented, resting against the table. "One ale for me, and something hearty. We encountered a group of bandits before reaching here..."

"Been a few of 'hose. A' leas' you go' here." The barmaid roughly slaps Ben on the shoulder. "Wha' abou' you 'hree?" She directed at Aela, Hlaine and Raven.

"I would be fine with some water, please?" Aela requested politely. "A light meal would be sufficient also."

"Aah, give us an Ale, if you'd kindly" Hlaine smiled to the barmaid. "And some sort of roast if possible?"

"I believe my diet is not accounted for by this establishment. I would however like to try some Mead if possible? Only a small amount so as not to be wasteful." Raven couldn't help but flick between the numerous things and people in the Inn, maintaining a steady voice as his eyes and beak darted from point to point.

"'he name is Ursha, I'll ge' your oders." With that Ursha turned and left the group table. They waited a short time before they began discussing, as most eyes had lost interest in them.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on December 08, 2019, 11:18:49 pm
"Well then", began Nyx, a hint of excitement in her voice although trying to keep her tone hushed enough to not be overheard, "We've definitely got trouble up at the brewery and it must be something to do with the people with the dead horse. Reckon we're dealing with necromancers or something? Some big conspiracy to siphon off loads of the beer for nefarious purposes?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Jacurutu on December 08, 2019, 11:26:08 pm
"It's a touch more concerning than I originally thought. I would have suggested a normal off-the-books operation run by lowlifes were it not for that dead horse and that enchantment they used on us back in West Gemos." Aela piped up in reply to Nyx's suggestion. "Why they'd target a brewery rather than anything else I cannot find a logical answer to. I would have thought that to be a shade too high profile considering how much the mayfl- er.. folks here like to drink.."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on December 09, 2019, 09:47:43 am
"I still don't understand why they would use an undead horse. Are normal horses really that hard to come by? Is there some benefit to them over a..." Ben trailer off. "Oh. The sleep spell. I guess maybe it would have put the horse to sleep too if it were alive."

"Still, why use the sleep spell in the first place. The only reason I can think is to avoid the delivery men being questioned by angry innkeepers. Still a lot of effort to avoid complaints."

Ben sighed in frustration. "Maybe the innkeeper here has done some investigations of their own. We can ask when the barmaid returns"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: ULQ on December 11, 2019, 02:52:12 pm
Raven just sits and listens to each member talk.

To take his mind off of being in a roofed Building, He reaches into his bag and starts playing with his cards.

"Ale supply low, Undead, Necromancers, Enchantments, Sleep spells, Bandits...." he tweets to himself placing down a card after each thing said.

*Seeming to be playing his own game while taking in the information*
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on December 22, 2019, 10:22:34 pm
Ursha returns with the various drinks ordered, along with change for the payments.

"So wha' brings a group like you all to our neck of the woods?" She asked once everyone had received their purchase. "Don' worry I ain' forgeting your food."

"With the exception of our new friend here," Ben motions to Raven. "We've been sent to go and speak to Jois, who runs a local brewery. Seems He isn't delivering his end of a deal to an old Gnome Brindle back in West Gemos."

"I'm sure its nothing," Nyx added, lying slightly about the magic using delivery crew. "But Brindle must have thought that is Jois needed help it wouldn't be something simple."

"Aah, yes Jois ain' exac'ly popular round here." Ursha crossed her arms with a mild scowl. "Ins'ead of hiring 'he locals as normal for win'er work, he's got this group of weirdos running all the jobs."

"And because of that, old Urnis has tripled the damn price!" A half-elf patron from a neighboring table had stood up and slammed his half-empty tankard on the table. "Why though? Becuase not only has Jois screwed everyone for winter wages, he's also bloody started rationing the damn booze!" The tavern had gone silent but once the half-elf had finished his bit, the whole establishment was filled with thunderous disaproval.

"Aye, Jois has done s'iffed the entire town...." Ursha glances off to one side.

"Then why hasn't anybody from Lakenvale spoken to him?" Aela stood to her highest, and asked directly to the crowd. Her small outburst lasting breifly. Surprisingly the entire crowd fell silent, returning to their mugs and tankards. Some looked like they'd seen a ghost, or worse.

"Lass, we have our reasons why i's gone on so long..." Ursha was looking to the door with worry. "I'd recommend you drop it for now..." With that the barmaid walks away, leaving the group to confussion. Aela returned to her seat. The group glanced to one another. When words were exchanged again they made sure it was in hushed tones.

"Whatever is going on with Jois seems to have gotten to the town..." Ben noted, surveying as many of the other patrons as he could see.

"But why booze? Why necromancy?" Hlaine piped up, leaning back and resting on the interior window sill, drink in hand.

"If there is still enough light, I could fly above to scout this brewery?" Raven offered.

"Maybe this is only part of something bigger?" Aela put forward, arms crossed in front with a hand on her chin.

"That just makes the questions of why even more significant" Nyx reminded.

With little new information beyond learning that Lakenvale was a victim of whatever was happening to Jois, the group struggled to make progress understanding the situation. Drink passed slowly, with the group feeling on edge. No one inside seemed to be making moves to leave like an informant, but still seemed to be avoiding the group. The tables closest had seemingly moved further away as well.

All around, the air became heavy, and seemingly so did the heads of the patrons. Left and right, people began to slump into drinks and onto tables. Hlaine was snoring loudly already, Ben was trying to prop himself with his staff, Raven's wings seemed to droop, and Nyx was resting her head on crossed arms. Only Aela and a handful of Elves were unaffected. She had to act.

"You lot, make sure no one is drowning in their drink!" Aela shouted at the Elves who were giving the tale tale sign of panic. "They'll be fine, its just a sleep spell!" Shakily, the Elves did as told and began checking the other patrons at tables and on the floor. Aela focused on her associates and could already feel the force that had pushed everyone into slumber subsiding. A few shakes and the odd slap had awoken her allies save for Hlaine. As she turned towards the Halfling, she froze seeing him begin to lift up as if a force was dragging him up the wall. She lunges for the halfling, but with a loud crash they disappear through the window, a smear of blood on the top of the frame. The light was begining to fade, and unhelpful shrubberies also worked to obscure her view.

"What the heck was that?!" Ben shouted before turning to the door they had entered, the rest of the group following quickly behind.

The Inn was vacated by the group, Raven spreading his wings to quickly ascend to the roof of the building. Aela, Ben and Nyx rounded the corner to see where Hlaine had been pulled forcefully through the window, seeing just the shattered pains and smattering of blood. A booming chuckle resonated across the dirt road caused everyone to look towards the temple front that faced the entrance to the town.

A Green Dragonborn dressed in a weird mix of magic users robes and a butchers apron stood in front of what seemed to be two walking writhing masses of corpses. to the other side of the Dragonborn was a group of what could only be described as Unstable Zombies, slaming rotting fists into something on the ground. Further back, more could be seen.

"You all seem incredibly nice people, such a shame you'll have to be disposed of." The Dragonborn was male, and his accent could only be described as upper class snob. In one hand he carried a 10' stave topped with a strange icon which emitted a green miasma, around his other hand was a strange claw-like contraption. "Do die quickly, you might still be of use to us yet. Oh, and Choir Boy? Don't think I'll pull any punches against you."

(https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/238f093c-7a41-4186-bd22-842070d4bbc4/ddmsu3p-9b643e10-ae27-4ff7-ab49-548e9051dcb0.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzIzOGYwOTNjLTdhNDEtNDE4Ni1iZDIyLTg0MjA3MGQ0YmJjNFwvZGRtc3UzcC05YjY0M2UxMC1hZTI3LTRmZjctYWI0OS01NDhlOTA1MWRjYjAucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.g0q7waxrX4Jho9CBFVkiT8vc2I-lTyfRpnG7r88cZRQ)
[Bottom Left is the Inn and Smithy, Top Left is the residential housing, Top Middle is the Temple, Top Right is the Fish Mongers and Butchers, Bottom Right is the open market]
[The program I'm using can uses scale inches move movement. 1inch = 5foot. Go here (https://sta.sh/0tzcleg5i5e) for range rule version for reference]

[Status]
Party

Time in Inn classed as Short Rest.
Hlaine: MIA

Attackers
Warlock
12x Unstable Zombies
2x Corpse Hulks
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on December 24, 2019, 10:02:56 pm
Whipping her wand out of her pocket, Nyx called to her comrades,

 "Aim for the warlock, maybe if we take him out the rest will crumble!"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on December 24, 2019, 10:47:52 pm
"Choir boy?" Ben growled, beginning to move forward. "I've had more than enough of the orthodoxy looking down on me. Karuma brings judgement, and today he sends me!"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Jacurutu on January 02, 2020, 01:05:14 pm
Aela quickly scanned the battlefield, Looking for anything she could use as cover, while her hands instinctually moved to retrieve her bow and notch an arrow, ready to feather the bastard who had taken Hlaine.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on January 06, 2020, 02:32:30 am
"At least you'll provide me entertainment before you die!" The Dragonborn cackled, swinging the staff forward, focusing his power into the instrument. The black magic screamed out, passing by the lumbering hulks directly at the Acolyte. Ben was lifted off his feat backwards into the door frame of the Inn. He was winded, and coughed up blood, but kept a firm grip on his mace. He grinned, with his symbol of Karuma held aloft and using the pain to help focus his own divine will upon the undead. Unseen by all but felt by the cadavers, Karuma swept a hand through the town that significantly weakened the Warlocks' hold. Despite the Warlock's forcing, the hulks and corpses failed to advance upon the outnumbered party. The Warlock scowled at the bloodied Cleric as the fool regained his balance of stepped forward to stand and fight.

The display of power shook Nyx of her focus, sending her own blast of magic wide from her intended target. Her pinkie finger became alight with magical fire, and she new it was a small taste of punishment for misusing the power she was giving.

Aela had managed to dive back through the doorway and was weighing her options. Understanding her allies instructions, she takes aim at the Warlock. The arrow sang across the street, and before the first arrow met it mark, she had already knocked and loosed a second. Both arrows caught the Warlock by surprise, sinking into his shoulder and eliciting a loud hiss of pain and indignation.

Raven Joined the volley, loosing an arrow from his elevated position into the rotting hide of a hulk, striking cleanly into its sternum. The injury though minor considering the creatures' size, caused it to take a step back, likely aided by Karuma's will.

(https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/238f093c-7a41-4186-bd22-842070d4bbc4/ddnrpaa-78fff7fa-54c9-4177-978a-b6802d056f0c.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzIzOGYwOTNjLTdhNDEtNDE4Ni1iZDIyLTg0MjA3MGQ0YmJjNFwvZGRucnBhYS03OGZmZjdmYS01NGM5LTQxNzctOTc4YS1iNjgwMmQwNTZmMGMucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.qPcRKpoghqAW9un69yOybj2OvHDj6SQ3YKpR5VbcN8A)

"Don't just stand there you putrid pansies, get them!" The Dragonborn shouted at the cadavers. With a slam, the staff glowed brightly with a sickly green energy, and the corpses began to lumber forward towards the party. While he was distracted, Nyx squared up her own Eldritch Blast shot, blindsiding the Warlock, sending him tumbling into the dying plant beds behind him.

Aela followed up her previous marks-elf-ship, and fired another volley as the Warlock tumbled back. The arrows struck true, embedding through the robes and into the Dragonborn's hide. Raven worked to weaken the Hulk he'd already wounded previously, his own volley joining the first and biting into the rotting mass' hide.

Ben carried on forward, realising the Warlock was ouch of reach, so decided to take on the groups of Zombies that were to his left. Symbol still in hand, he pushed through the pain and turned it into focus for his magic, a cadaver bursting into flame at the rear of the group. Using his momentum of movement, he swings his mace wide, slamming it into the closest corpse, splattering necrotic juices across the ground and crumpling the body before him, leaving two standing.

(https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/238f093c-7a41-4186-bd22-842070d4bbc4/ddnrr7o-bbb0ae25-8004-445f-9ba3-a8d61a1e9511.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzIzOGYwOTNjLTdhNDEtNDE4Ni1iZDIyLTg0MjA3MGQ0YmJjNFwvZGRucnI3by1iYmIwYWUyNS04MDA0LTQ0NWYtOWJhMy1hOGQ2MWExZTk1MTEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.rdojP8y-pOB_SBWMluroL0S5MSI7zf8bZ0Th441xbZg)

"HA HA HA! You're all so fun!" The Dragonborn cackled lifting himself to his feet. He glanced the distances, and knew his target was weakened, and drew strength into the staff, focusing to unleash in a thunderous boom across the street. Ben was just lifting his mace to feel another Zombie as the full force of Eldritch energy slammed him several feet to the ground as Nyx's feet. His Mace somehow was propelled into a Zombies face, decapitating the undead.

Nyx was too far back to counter-blast the Warlock, so instead blasted the nearest hulk. It wasn't enough to kill it, but it was knocked back and onto a smaller zombie. Aela had much better range with her bow, filling the air with new whistles as arrows flights arc'd into the Warlock's torso. Raven doubled his volley, wounding his target further, but still not enough to kill it.

(https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/238f093c-7a41-4186-bd22-842070d4bbc4/ddnrxbv-036d2d37-5601-4842-b790-61f871e875aa.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzIzOGYwOTNjLTdhNDEtNDE4Ni1iZDIyLTg0MjA3MGQ0YmJjNFwvZGRucnhidi0wMzZkMmQzNy01NjAxLTQ4NDItYjc5MC02MWY4NzFlODc1YWEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.0CLuMjRAo-l3B_jS8ZHHEUzCeno1fmP1jD3_YiGx5Lw)

[Status]
Initiative Order
Warlock
Unstable Zombies
Corpse Hulks
Nyx
Aela
Raven
Ben
Party
Nyx 16/17
Aela 20/20
Raven 17/17
Ben 0/17 Near Death
Attackers
Warlock with almost a dozen arrows sticking out of him
8x Unstable Zombies
2x Corpse Hulks both wounded

Rolls
Round 1
Warlock Attack Ben: 22 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=53)
Warlock Damage: 15 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=54)
Warlock Resist Turn Undead: 9 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=55)
Nyx Crit Fail: 1 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=56)

Round 2
Warlock Un-Turns Undead: 14 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=57)

Round 3
Warlock Attack Ben: 13 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=58)
Warlock Damage: 15 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=59)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on January 14, 2020, 01:07:16 am
A Wall of decaying flesh between himself and a weakened band of do-gooders, the Warlock moved to cover himself with the over watered foliage. He had to get very close to the ground, and break the shafts of a number of arrows that still dug into his flesh, but a moments discomfort and indignation should be enough to force the fools to focus on the meat shield. The Corpses lumbered forward, the smaller ones dropping bits of flesh with each step. One managed to get close enough to Ben and Nyx, ignoring the prone Cleric and swatting at the Gnome, missing impressively.

Nyx had quickly knelt behind Ben, mind scrambling to work out how to help. She had no medical experience, but she knew eldritch magic. She presses her hand on the Cleric's back, willing the magic that was lingering and effectively poisoning his being, it took effort, but she managed to drag a portion of the Dragonborn's magic out, and began to refocus it into her own wand. Ben gasped as sharp pain borught him back to conciousness, and he quickly decided to get behind Nyx.

Aela bolt from the doorway, leveling her bow at the undead that had swung at Nyx, the arrow triking hard into the zombie, breaking enough of the body to force the reanimation magic to fail, making it flump to ground from the remaining force. She was out in the open with a pair of hulks in front, but put trust in her allies to do there part to thin numbers.

Raven softly but quickly leaped from his elavated position to stand between Ben and Nyx and the lesser wounded Hulk, his own bow ready and loosed. The closer ranged caused it to slam into the hulk, causing an involuntary groan from the mass.

Working himself to his feat, Ben brings aloft his Holy Symbol, directing it at the closest Hulk, but his focus was blury making barely singed by the attempt.

(https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/238f093c-7a41-4186-bd22-842070d4bbc4/ddob36z-ef0f626e-db9a-456d-a523-9cd853a7d0be.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzIzOGYwOTNjLTdhNDEtNDE4Ni1iZDIyLTg0MjA3MGQ0YmJjNFwvZGRvYjM2ei1lZjBmNjI2ZS1kYjlhLTQ1NmQtYTUyMy05Y2Q4NTNhN2QwYmUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.mV0CPfh1y9cCqbjVKmtxxsHu0FLmU4CepeMC8EHK5kQ)

"Bloody Clerics" the Warlock muttered its position, contemplating if his danse macabre was actually enough. The Hulks lumbered forward, finally able to engage the archers. The Hulk that had more arrows struck into it had charged towards Ael's exposed position, swinging a fleshy mulch fist with its momentum. Despite her speed, the maggot ridden mass connects, knocking Aela into the wall behind her. The other with the remains of a zombie dangling of its back swing at Raven, slamming into his chest, and knocking him back a few feet painfully. The smaller zombies continued to lumber behind the massive hulks.

As Raven fell back from the strike, Nyx was ready with Wand raised, aimed at the hulk. the rechanneled magic was difficult to control, but striek home it did, pushing the Hulk away from herself and her allies. She gasps, realising she had been holding her breath for as long as she had held the magic for an opportunity to cast.

Aela caught her breath quickly, point blank aiming at the hulk resembling a pin cushion. The arrow barely left her bow before embedding itself in the hulks' face, causing a momentary stagger back giving her precious breathing room enough to see the shambling zombies behind. Raven thought he'd loosed his arrow to wide, but manage to clip a seemingly structurally important mound of flesh on the hulk.

Ben continued to hold aloft his symbol, will burning fiercely enough to envelope the Hulk in radiant fire. The fight wasn't over yet, but it was clear what held the monsters together was starting to wane. The real trouble would be if the Warlock rejoined the fight.

(https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/238f093c-7a41-4186-bd22-842070d4bbc4/ddob4v8-559627d5-7ea2-49e1-b9ac-30172f141a70.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzIzOGYwOTNjLTdhNDEtNDE4Ni1iZDIyLTg0MjA3MGQ0YmJjNFwvZGRvYjR2OC01NTk2MjdkNS03ZWEyLTQ5ZTEtYjlhYy0zMDE3MmYxNDFhNzAucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.oxCFXDGk0_VJth4Vm1adYBVxUYIG72y-IQG24egzY0E)

"Rotten Fleshbags, all of them. Especially those people." The Warlock snarled. He kept to his position, and willed the zombies and hulks to press the attack, hoping it would be enough to finish off the party. The arrow filled hulk swings again at Aela, but she is ready, deftly avoiding the swing. Raven however was not so agile, taking another forceful slam to the body.

The monster was barely held together as Nyx ripped it apart with her Eldritch Blast. The Hulk was splattered, sending meaty and boney chunks into the Zombies behind it. This was enough to scatter the arisen bodies with no further effort.

Aela lept away from the remaining Hulk, as her feet planted onto the ground, her bow was raised and the arrow loosed, becoming part of the increasing unstable looking hulk, it seemed ready to collapse under its own weight. Cawing with pain, Raven quickly retargeted his own shot at the remaining hulk, managing to pull the bow back just enough to break the reanimation magic of the behemoth abomination. Itwas already falling apart as it collapsed backwards into the remaining zombies that had lumbered too close.

(https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/238f093c-7a41-4186-bd22-842070d4bbc4/ddob613-fc26fe95-f38a-4726-9c49-e3e85271deaa.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzIzOGYwOTNjLTdhNDEtNDE4Ni1iZDIyLTg0MjA3MGQ0YmJjNFwvZGRvYjYxMy1mYzI2ZmU5NS1mMzhhLTQ3MjYtOWM0OS1lM2U4NTI3MWRlYWEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.PC_WuDIr3Dv2P4NBRRv0T908si4Iph_Nei-ul2uS338)

"Bugger." The Warlock simply stated. Seeing his small undead troupe festering unmoving on the ground.

[Status]
Initiative Order
Warlock
Nyx
Aela
Raven
Ben
Party
Nyx 16/17
Aela 14/20
Raven 6/17
Ben 1/17 Stable
Attackers
Warlock with almost a dozen arrows sticking out of him, currently hiding in the flower beds

Rolls
Round 4
Warlock Hiding: 18 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=88)
Unstable Zombie Attacking Nyx: 5 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=89)
Hulk (dex) vs Sacred Flame: 16 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=90)

Round 5
Corpse Hulk vs Aela AC: 19 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=91)
Corpse Hulk vs Aela Damage: 6 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=92)
Corpse Hulk Vs Raven AC: 19 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=93)
Corpse Hulk Vs Raven AC: 7 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=94)
Hulk (dex) vs Sacred Flame: 7 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=95)
Hulk Flame Damage: 8 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=96)

Round 6
Corpse Hulk vs Aela AC: 8 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=97)
Corpse Hulk Vs Raven AC: 15 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=98)
Corpse Hulk Vs Raven AC: 4 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=99)
Zombies avoiding giblets: 1, -1, 11, 9 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=100)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on January 14, 2020, 01:14:44 am
Nyx took a deep breath and surveyed the scene. She know that the Dragonborn was hiding in the plants up ahead and turned to Raven,
 "Care to flush him out?"

She pulled herself up to her full height, adjusted the grip on her wand and waited for the other warlock to make the wrong move.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on January 16, 2020, 06:31:26 am
"I think I will stay here, if that's ok" Ben groaned, stumbling over to Raven. "Here." He touched his hand to Raven's back and focused."Karuma be with you," he said, casting Guidance, before lying on the ground and concentrating on maintaining the spell.



Reference note:
Guidance lasts for one minute (or about 6 rounds), and allows Raven to add 1d4 to an ability check of her choice during that time. Assuming that I ccan maintain concentration, that is.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Jacurutu on January 19, 2020, 08:45:32 pm
Aela turned to Raven as the battle settled, having swiftly turned in their favour. She wore an uncharacteristically stern expression on her youthful and slight Elvish face. "I'm coming with you." She announced, before dashing out, bow in hand. She stayed her hand as she did not wish to risk killing their only lead.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: ULQ on January 24, 2020, 08:13:07 pm
Raven takes to the air and fly's at the warlock as fast as he can. Prepared to tackle him.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on January 27, 2020, 11:28:08 pm
His minions and muscle defeated, the powerful Warlock had one option to take. Rising to his full height, taking his staff in both hands, and steadying his breathe... He turned an started to run down the road he had arrived from.

Nyx, Raven and Aela all charged forward in pursuit, the Gnome struggling to keep up while Raven had taken to the air and Aela rapidly charging forward. With the Dragonborn attempting to Retreat, it would be difficult for Nyx to get close enough for her magic to work.

Ben held back, putting focus in his Guidance spell upon Raven.

(https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/238f093c-7a41-4186-bd22-842070d4bbc4/ddp85vt-408bddc0-6d0f-4ce4-94a1-6199fc683e8c.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzIzOGYwOTNjLTdhNDEtNDE4Ni1iZDIyLTg0MjA3MGQ0YmJjNFwvZGRwODV2dC00MDhiZGRjMC02ZDBmLTRjZTQtOTRhMS02MTk5ZmM2ODNlOGMucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.OvR32lBJMcVanoQB_5C6AcdE2LRBjpoE0nFS5oSmQUs)

The Warlock dared not look back as he continued to run. He cursed his lack of athleticism.

Nyx continued to pursue, unwittingly parroting the same self-curses her target was muttering. Aela was steadily closing the gap.

Raven Held his position and level a shot. Even in the moment of pursuit, and the fading light, his arrow flew true and punctured the Warlock's light armour. Indignantly, the Dragonborn stumbled and ultimately landed face first into the dirt road.

(https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/238f093c-7a41-4186-bd22-842070d4bbc4/ddp87bd-a164810f-aea1-4db1-ba3c-ead7aff124cd.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzIzOGYwOTNjLTdhNDEtNDE4Ni1iZDIyLTg0MjA3MGQ0YmJjNFwvZGRwODdiZC1hMTY0ODEwZi1hZWExLTRkYjEtYmEzYy1lYWQ3YWZmMTI0Y2QucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.p3krIvUNZEUYN1ss8qdrRoN9-Ny_UilNfQvdKPjIkC4)

Cautiously, Aela, Raven and Nyx approached the bleeding Dragonborn. With his clawed hand he was trying to drag himself forward, while the other seemed to desperately trying to use the staff for one last blast.

Quickly sheathing her weapons, Aela knocks the staff away, and pins the Warlock down onto his front, being careful to limit the freedom his clawed hand had. Raven circled around in front and kept a fresh arrow trained on the Warlock, draw string creaking with stored power. Nyx eventually caught up, and took a close but still threatening position in front of the Warlock.

"I'm sure you thought you had us, but look where you are now." Nyx couldn't help but verbally rib the prone fellow Warlock. It seemed to be some sort of nail in the coffin, as the Dragonborn fell unconscious, a fact confirmed tentatively by Aela slowly releasing her grip to check his pulse.

Ben had slowly walked up, strain and effort clear on his features and raged robes. "Well what do we do now?"

Almost as if the world around them had been frozen, sound and smell began to drift towards the party. Smoke, Alarm bells, shouts of panic and authority clashing. Those with a spare though glanced towards the tavern, windows further back showing a small fire had become loose in the kitchen, and judging by the black smoke coming from a number of houses a widespread occurrence on this particular day. Already villagers who were able were running back and forth the roads with buckets of water with the odd magic user spotted trying to cast simple spells like prestidigitation to snuff out smaller fires.

It seemed that the party was largely forgotten in the moment and the town was alive with activity.

[Status]
Party
Nyx 16/17
Aela 14/20
Raven 6/17
Ben 1/17 Stable

Rolls
Round 8
Raven Vs Warlock: 22 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=108)
Raven Vs Warlock Damage: 8 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=109)
Guidance Bonus: 3 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=110)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on January 27, 2020, 11:37:07 pm
"Bind his hands so he can't cast anything, wands and staves help to focus power but he could blast us with a wave of his hands." Nyx instructed her larger companions.

 "We should probably get him back to the tavern, or at least somewhere indoors where he'd find it harder to escape. Ben's not going to die on us but he could use a kip, and has anyone seen Hlaine?"
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on January 28, 2020, 08:07:04 am
Ben glanced around blearily, before deciding that he wasn't going to be much use with searching. "I'm going to head back to the inn now. I'll let someone know you've caught the one responsible then I'll try and get some rest. Wake me if the building burns down."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on February 03, 2020, 10:33:52 pm
"Good idea, I've got some rope in my pack" Aela replied to the gnome. She wasn't the best, but after a few nicks and cuts from the guantlet the warlock was wearing, she ended up with a decent binding knot to keep him from using gestures to control magic. "Should be gag him as well? I can't remember how common spells that just use the voice are."

Ben had gotten to the door of the Inn, a small crowd having formed of the patrons. In his bleary state, he walked right past everyone to try to re-enter the building, only to be stopped by Ursha's hand forcibly pushing him back out.

"Wha', you playing a' Cleric?" She had raised her voice to cut through the Clerics obvious dishevelment. "'he bloody sleep spell made 'he cooks drop down mid service, and the kitchen nearly went up in smoke. You and your friends would likely be be''er off asking 'he local clergy to lodge you for 'he nigh'."

"No one was hurt were they?" Ben's pain numbing a little knowing others could be hurt.

"Nah, we go' lucky. I heard your Elf lass rallied 'he other local elves, and 'hey've been 'he ones leading 'he sweep around 'own 'o make sure no one is in an unsafe or compromising position."

Rolls
Aela Binding Warlock: 16 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=111)
Aela avoidng Warlock's Guantlet: 6 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=112)
Time: 27 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=113)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on February 04, 2020, 06:48:16 am
His attempt at going to bed thus thwarted, Ben turned and started to head back to where he'd last seen the others. Exhausted as he was, he wasn't happy with the idea of staying with the clergy. His past with them wasn't the friendliest, and anyway, that Warlock may have had a connection with the temple. He'd risk it if he had too, but he hoped could find somewhere else to rest.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on February 08, 2020, 11:04:53 pm
"A gag would be a great idea, I don't personally have any vocal onlys but I know of a few and I don't want him casting any of them. To top it all off he's a Dragonborn so he could probably spit fire or acid at us."

Nyx pondered for a moment,

"This does mean it might not be too easy to question him though. I'll investigate the temple to see whether it'll do, you two [Aela and Raven] stay with him and make sure he doesn't leave or die or something".

And with that she set off in the direction of the temple, wand at ease in her hand just in case. She glanced over at Ben to see whether he wanted to join her or just sit down with the others for a moment.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on February 09, 2020, 03:29:32 pm
Ben groaned inwardly, but nonetheless decided to follow Nyx. Best not to let her go alone, he reasoned, not if there could be danger. And if not, maybe he could finally get some sleep.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on February 23, 2020, 10:04:59 pm
Aela and Raven dragged the comatose warlock to the side of the road so that those that were fighting fires weren't impeded, while Nyx and Ben made their way to the front entrance of the church in the middle of the town. She noticed the Cleric was muttering under his breath the entire walk.

"Hey you don't seem to be to fond of the Church." Nyx piped up after a horse and cart carrying water passed them. "Aren't you part of the same religion?"

"All I'm willing to say right now is that I have a slight difference of opinion with the Church of Karuma." The bruised and bashed acolyte responded.

With the commotion of the fires, the tall and heavy doors of the church had already been opened. It was quickly apparent that despite its size, the establishment had only a handful of Vergers who were loudly directing each other to parts of the town that needed healers. A tall thin human man all in black vestments finished blessing the last of the clerics, and began to turn to the door before impulsively turning to Nyx and Ben.

"My children, are you in need of aid?" His face had the hallmarks of a long lived and devout clergyman, his voice soft but deep. "If you're the ones who dealt with these aberrations then you have my thanks on behalf of the church and the people of this town." With that he bows down respectfully as Nyx and Ben come up to him.

"That be us, and we have the warlock who was controlling them." Nyx took the lead on the discourse. "My friends and I could do with a roof to rest under and thick walls to secure our detainee." She thumbs in the direction of the captured warlock and her other party members. The priest follows her gesture and nods.

"Exceptional." He seemed a little surprised the Warlock was captured. "I'm not sure if we have a secure place for him to be kept, but I shall certainly grant you use of the grounds and main hall. I think it fair to say please don't cause any damage to the furnishings?" Ben was holding his holy symbol, and eye'd the priest.

"What god does this church dedicate itself to?" He felt compelled to ask.

"We are but a small town, so this church has altars for each of the three." The priest bows to Ben briefly. "Karuma sits in the middle, while Grenator and Silvachur are on either side. Balanced as it should be."

Rolls
Nyx Perception: 18 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=115)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on February 25, 2020, 06:34:44 pm
Benjamin accepted the priest's words, relaxing slightly. A smaller temple, with no strong affiliations to the orthodoxy of his religion was preferable. It didn't rule out the possibility of the warlock being connected, but at least he wouldn't have to worry about those who thought themselves pious while betraying what Karuma stood for.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on February 26, 2020, 12:58:07 pm
 "Thank you", Nyx beamed up at the priest and then set about searching for the best place to store the captured Dragonborn.

She was mainly looking for out-of-the-way areas with no windows and only a single door, just big enough for an interrogation, ideally with thick walls and a solid door that might muffle noise. A storeroom would be perfect and if she was having trouble she'd ask one of the local clergy for advice.

Nyx was hoping to get him secured quickly so she could get some sleep, it had been a busy day and she was disappointed that she couldn't make use of the inn. She made a mental note to go back and get a refund for the bed and bath that she was no longer permitted to use.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on March 08, 2020, 10:18:10 pm
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESnizUyXkAAUUSA?format=jpg&name=large)Nyx found a couple side rooms inside the church to use, which was good as aside from the Priest, there were no other attendants around. Either side of the front door were two storage rooms, and further up was the base of the bell tower that opened towards the side entrance. Carefully dragging the unconscious Warlock into one of the storage rooms, lumping him onto a chair, and the group making their way to stand outside the mostly secure room.

"So how do we plan on talking to this guy?" Nyx asked the group as a whole. "Considering how dangerous his mouth could be, can we get much good information based on just yes and no questions?"

"What about keeping him locked in there for a while and see if he looses any sucrets when he wakes up?" Raven twitched his focus of vision from each of the party. "He could be a monologue-er?"

"I think a rest would be good, or at least I'd like to find a place to rest." Ben grumbled leaning heavily on his stave. "I wonder if the priest will allow us to sleep in the pews?" He scratched and rubbed his chin in thought.

"Does anybody know a spell that might make him more amiable to answer questions honestly?" Aela suggested, while rubbing the cut on her hand from the gauntlet. "And is waiting a good idea at all? Whomever employed him likely would be expecting results from that massive attack, and the Warlock to return in good time. Surely by now they will be suspicious of his lack of presence, assuming isn't just a caster for hire?"

At present, the church is empty. Neither the Priest or any Vergers have said or done much in your direction, especially as they're currently trying to help the surrounding town. The Priest can be found at the alters at the far end, and he is currently inspecting each in turn to ensure proper decor is upheld.

A Long rest would recover all spell slots and lost HP while within the church walls, and the Warlock will likely awaken while restrained. Interrogating the prisoner right now would ensure minimal interruption from the clergy, but if something goes wrong it could go worse quickly. You currently do not have any sleeping arrangements, as the Inn kitchens had caught a small fire, and with night quickly enveloping the land it is unlikely another will open their doors for a band of adventurers to rest.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on March 09, 2020, 06:29:00 pm
"I could try to Charm him, if you think it's worth a try," Ben suggested after a moments thought. "It probably won't work though, given his opinion of us. Beyond that, just remove the gag and be ready to knock him out if he starts speaking."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on March 10, 2020, 09:52:38 am
 "Hmm, I'm not sure hexing him would do much, and I wouldn't be able to do that until tomorrow. We might as well just start now and see where threats of physical violence get us."

And with that, the tiny gnome reached into her coat and pulled out a flame-bladed dagger. She pushed a box up behind the Dragonborn, clambered up onto it and held the waved blade at his throat.

 "Alright, let's wake him up".

She carefully pulled the gag from the other Warlock's mouth, held her dagger under a scale on the Dragonborn's neck and gently started levering it up. He woke with a yelp of pain and Nyx's cheerful voice sounded from behind his left ear. (Do lizards have ears?)

 "Hello there! I think you owe my friend an apology. We understand you've just started up in the brewing industry but we'd like to complain about your hygeine standards, you shouldn't be letting corpses near consumables. Could you explain your thinking with regards to this action? And why there isn't as much beer as there used to be, oh, and also why you attacked the town, that's another one.

I should point out that if you try to cast anything then this blade will nick your artery and you'll get blood all over my clothes and it'll take ages to clean up and I'm sure you don't want to inconvenience me like that".
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on March 11, 2020, 10:41:31 am
Ben watched with equal parts amusement and apprehension. He had quickly moved round the side of the warlock, out of his peripheral vision, and pulled out his mace as a precaution.

As for questions, he decided to keep quiet for now and see where Nyx's approach got her. If it didn't work he could always try charming him like he'd suggested.
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on March 23, 2020, 08:31:05 pm
The Warlock groggily awoke to the threats laid down by Nyx. He audibly gulpded in response, quickly taking in the situation around him.

"He, Hey now, lets not get too hasty?" He smiled in fear, eyes flicking from each member of the present party. "Its nothing personal, just business for me, you know?" He couldn't help but nervously chuckle.

"Oooh?" Nyx practically purred. "And who are you doing this business for? You'd love to tell us this, wouldn't you?" An extra poke with the dagger to emphasis the encouragement for spilling the beans.

"I wish I could tell you, but they hired me via telepathic message!" If Dragonborn could sweat, this Warlock certainly was. "I was told I'd be paid on completion of killing any non-locals in the town, and that my methods were to be my own!"

"So those zombies were yours?" Ben piped up, raising an eyebrow and softly rubbing his holy symbol with one hand. "Strange that your methods align somewhat with what we've previously dealt with in some capacity... Are you sure you can't or won't tell us who your employer is?"

"I swear, I was never in contact with anyone in person."

"So you don't know anything about the local Meadery?" Nyx returned to a previously unanswered question.

"I can tell you their premium stuff is worth the gold? Aside from that I have no idea wat a Meadery has to do with me."

Rolls
Nyx Intimidation: 17 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=116)
Nyx Persuasion: 17 (https://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=roller;sa=audit;id=117)
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on March 28, 2020, 05:44:14 pm
After several seconds digesting this, Ben was about 85% sure he believed the Warlock. Still couldn't hurt to add a little more pressure...

"Ah well," Ben sighed. "I suppose that'll have to do. A pity, really. I doubt that'll buy you much leniency from the townsfolk. They're a bit peeved. Vexed, really. Your sleep spell led to a fair few fires. I heard somebody may have died. I'm new here, of course, so I dont know what fate their laws have for murderers. Still that's for them to decide, and I can't think of any good words I'd put in for you..."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Narric on April 05, 2020, 09:03:17 pm
A heavy plated hand thumps against the doorframe, jolting everybodies attention to the new individual who had just arrived. They were a seven-ish foot tall man bedecked in full platemail, their helmet held in their other hand. The man had an above average handsomeness to him.

"If you're done, I'll be taking the criminal into lawful custody now" His voice was young but somehow gravelly. "I hope you got whatever you needed from him, but if you didn't don't worry, as it'll take a few days to tally up what trouble he's caused for the town."

"Oh aye, and who are you tall, plated and handsome?" Nyx smiled from behind the warlock, retracting her dagger from his throat.

"I'm Galvius. Captain of the local guard. Before you ask how a small zombie gathering got past us, the answer is simply we were on shift changeover, and most of us were caught in the baracks."

"No Elves amongst the guard?" Aela eyed the captain, who turned to her.

"Considering recent circumstances that is an oversight I'll be overseeing a solution for. I heard from Bryn and Rail that you're to thank by the way."

"Its was just business you know, my old chum?" The warlock smiled nervously at the towering captain. "I have no ill intent towards the town, you know?"

"Oh I know, but that doesn't mean I can't have a few thoughts on the matter." Glavius said, his empty hand forming a fist, he stepped forward, and slammed his heavy plated knuckle into the Dragonborn's snout. Nyx ducked out the way as the Warlock and chair skidded across the floor into the wall behind them. Glavius straightens up, rolling his shoulders and clearing his throat. "If you want to take any items as a small reward for defending the town, go ahead. We'll arrange some sort of compensation over the next couple days for each of you if you stick around."

"I have a question" Ben spoke softly. "If there is a local guard, why does there seem to be trouble at the local brewery?" Glavius' expression goes dark, and he takes a moment to close the door to the small room. When he turns around, he has an air of seriousness that defies the personable smile.


"We've been observing them from a distance. We know there's something going on, but we have no evidence of crime being commited." Glavius rubs his chin with his empty hand. "I've sent a Guard in every so often, but they always return with nothing out the ordinary. If you're planning on doing something there, then I'll get some guard ready for whoever comes out of it. With all thats happened in the town, I can't spare enough to go in with you, but definitely enough to stop anyone running once you've caused a nuisance. Any more questions? I'd already spoken to Aldriq, the Priest, to put you up for the rest of the night."
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Cammerz on April 09, 2020, 04:04:40 pm
"You're most kind, Captain", Nyx smiled up at Galvius. "I think you've pretty much covered it all and I think we're all getting a little tired so we'd be happy to leave you to it and we'll venture up to the brewery in the morning. Any additional information you could give us about the place would be most appreciated when we're awake enough to take it all in".
Title: Re: Isle of Carandia (RPG)
Post by: Mabbz on April 10, 2020, 07:50:08 am
"Agreed," said Ben. "Although thinking about it, if you could find any plans for the brewery, it'd be useful to know the layout of the place. But again, it can wait until morning."