News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Apocalypse Rules Question?

Started by Waaaghpower, February 09, 2013, 01:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

So, I have a question about how to interpret an Apocalypse rule, and then an adjustment of rules that I wanted an opinion on.
First off: The Tyranid Heirophant is listed as a 'Psyker' with the Warp Field Power... But Warp Field isn't a power anymore. In 4th Edition, when Apocalypse came out, the Warp Field power just gave a 2+ and a 5++. Now, there is the Warp Field *Upgrade* (Upgrade? Ability? I don't know what it is called, but it isn't a Psychic power anymore) but it is listed specifically as giving*Zoanthropes* a 3++.
Now, me and my friends were just going to interpret this as the 4th Edition rules and simply give the Heirophant a 5++, but I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

For the other thing: I wanted to use an Orkified version of the Necron Pylon. Should we just keep the rules as is and use an Orky model, (Which would mean I gain no benefit from the 5++ given to Necron models,) or change them so that it's more Orky. (IE, reduce BS to 3, replace the 5++ with a 5+ cover and/or obscured for vehicles, replace Living Metal with a power field.)
In the Apocalypse rulebook it says you can take models from any army you want, this is more of a fluffy 'Opinion' question.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

The Man They Call Jayne

Don't know aboout the first, but as for the Pylon, I would make an Orky Pylon and keep the standard Pylon rules. Just find a fluffy way to justify it. It doesn't have living metal, it is filled with highly caffinated grots with tools reparing the damage as fast as it happens. That kinds thing.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4