News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Deathwatch Armour

Started by Osiris, February 25, 2013, 08:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osiris

Alright, I checked out the Lexicanum, and other than it saying those who serve in the Deathwatch have black armour it says nothing in regards to when the individual returns to their parent chapter. what happens when these space marines return to their parent chapters? do they lose the black armour and repaint it as their chapters colours? or is it kept in the Deathwatch scheme to show that they served, and use it as a status symbol. some light on this would be much appreciated.
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

Narric

IIRC, they keep the Deathwatch Shoulder pad, and maintain the silver arm as silver, unless their chapter has very specific Chapter colours, I'm guessing.

In modeling terms, its often one of the easiest ways to denote a Veteran Squad/Sergeant. And having said that, the Sternguard unit is technically Deathwatch, as it has all the same wargear and most of the same options to a Deathwatch Killteam.

Thats all I can say. Someone else probably has more info than I do.

Deraj

Quote from: Narric on February 25, 2013, 09:56:53 AM
IIRC, they keep the Deathwatch Shoulder pad, and maintain the silver arm as silver, unless their chapter has very specific Chapter colours, I'm guessing.

Almost exactly that, except one thing: it's a matter of choice. When they return to their chapter they can choose to remove all traces of deathwatch iconography, or keep the pad, or keep the pad and silver arm. Other than that... I've never heard of a case of a marine not painting his armor in his chapter colors once he returns.