News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

750pt Tourney List

Started by Fhanados, February 26, 2013, 05:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fhanados

Hi guys!

I've entered myself in the Chatswood GW's Storm of Vengeance 750pt tournament, and have come up with a list I think might be a goodun! The tourney is pretty basic scoring, 20pt for a win, 10 for a draw 5 for a loss over3 games. Pairings are done based on points, so higher pts face higher pts etc. Games are:
#1: 5x objectives. Extra 2 points for holding middle objective.
#2: Kill points. Extra 2 points for killing a HQ with a HQ.
#3: Relic. Extra 1 point for being first to capture it.

I've taken an approach I usually don't take - MSU. Admittedly, without Razorhacks or even an abundance of Rhinos this is bound to be a bit subpar, but this is what I've got.

Sorcerer: 60
Sorcerer w/ Plasma Pistol: 75
Aegis w/ Quadgun: 100
Cultists x10 w/ Autoguns & heavy Stubber: 63
Cultists x10 w/ Autopistols, Flamer & Shotgun: 57
Chaos Marines x5 w/ 1x Plasma Gun & Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher: 137
Chaos Marines x5 w/ 1x Plasma Gun & Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher: 137
Vindicator: 120

Honestly I'd like to have used a pred instead of the Vindi, but oh well. Pie plates are fun anyway. My plan is to blast their scoring units to oblivion with Havoc Launchers while Cultists run distraction and CSM pull the actual weight. Sorcerers go with each CSM unit. Plasma pistol is only there as points filler and because it's what the model has. I'll use a lore with plenty of blessing/maledictions on that guy so the points aren't wasted.

Thoughts?

Arguleon-veq

I'm not sure running two Sorcerers is the best way to go, I'd drop one and upgrade the other to a level 3. Then try to shave a few points to get him the burning brand, it will be amazing at this kind of points level. This way your getting a great weapon and 3 phsychic levels rather than 2.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Fhanados

After a few test games I think I'm inclined to agree 100%. While the Sorcerers did OK, they didn't do spectacularly. I couldn't help but feel that having a few more powers to add utility and reliability would be nice. I'm thinking of dropping the Mace Sorcerer, dropping the plasma pistol and running a tooled out 3++ Lvl 2-3. Not sure about burning brand, since theres so many witchfire spells but after seeing how far a torrent weapon can actually fire I think it might be worth it.

The Man They Call Jayne

Burning Brand is devastating to anything it touches that doesn't have an invun or a 2+ save. It is my very favorite gun.

I might have been tempted with a Warpsmith and a Defiler over a sorcerer and a Vindicator as well, but that's me of course.

A battlecannon plus other weapons and serious CC punch with 4HP and It Will Not Die, backed up by a Brand carrying Warpsmith (Nurgle or Tzeentch for my money) is a really very scary thing to have to face down.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Fhanados

I would also prefer a Defiler over a Vindicator, but sadly the model is slightly out of my current affordable price range, and I have about 4 other armies that need working on before I buy more for my Chaos Marines.

Out of curiosity, how do you represent a Burning Brand? I'm thinking of either glitzing up a spare flamer, or throwing the burning sword from the Possessed Marines on a Sorcerer.

The Man They Call Jayne

It is a flamer, just SERIOUSLY souped up. I kinda liked the idea of the flamer (maybe heavy flamer) that the Legion of the Damned guy carries. Sort of bonded to the armour. Just chaosify it a bit and go with it. A heavy flamer would probably be a better representation for it though. Or a bigger fuel tank.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4