News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Making illegal units joinable and killing of the models which made the merger.

Started by Chicop76, May 21, 2013, 03:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Well this applies to nids, Modark, and Tau as far as I can think off :facepalm001:

For the most part an IC can't join a single model unless it's an IC.

With nids if you take 3 carnifexes you can add a prime. Hmmm with endurance 3 carnifexes may not be a bad choice.

Or

You can take swarmlord/tyrant take hive guard and put a prime with them

With GreyKnights if Modak spawns or take a knight he becomes joinable

With Tau riptides taking drones become joinable.

It's not really a big deal with nids and greyknights since both those armies do not have battle brothers.

However with Tau it's like a can of worms. It means that I might have a riptide with a commander, shadowsun and insert other HQ from space marines or eldar. The ideal HQ would be a farseer on jetbike that for example get a +2 re rollabe cover save, grant it he is the only one that can fortune, but the fact you can stick a +2 cover saving model with a riptide that can re roll failed wounds is a bit much. You will have to put 12 wounds on the farseer on average to put one wound on him, easier said than done.

With the Elar Codex coming out very soon, hopefully not anything that will make tau/eldar combos even more broken. The potential of future books turning MC's joinable is why I am asking my question.

My question is what happens if I kill the two missle pods? What would happen to like the three IC's that legally joined the Riptide. What made it legal is gona and now the merger is illegal. Do they stay attached or do they immediately seperate. If they seperate do the 3 ics stay together or they seperate as well.

With 40 sniper shots I guarentee that those drones will die.

Kur'os

As far as the Riptide goes, it's not the drones that allow him to be joined; it's the fact that he can take drones that allow him to be joined.
-Kur'os