News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Space Wolf Terminator Gear?

Started by Waaaghpower, June 07, 2013, 06:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

What's the best ratio of power weapons to fists in a Space Wolf Guard squad? I don't want to waste points, but I don't want to undergear them either.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Arguleon-veq

Guys in power armour or termie armour [just because you say termie in the thread title but not here]?

If in termie armour a friend of mine runs them to good effect with the following;

1 Sword,
1 Axe,
1 Hammer,
1 Fist,
1 Wolf Claw.

Hammer guy has a shield, fist guy has a heavy wep and the basic sword guy has a shield to soak up shots at the front of the unit as you dont mind him dying so much.

Personally, with the rules for power axes I like the whole unit equipped with those and maybe just a lone fist for tank busting.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Waaaghpower

I've also heard that giving them all combi weapons (plasma typically, though I've heard good things about flamers,) makes them a pretty good one turn fire-support squad. (Either toasting infantry that wthey wouldn't be able to kill otherwise, or else causing a bunch of wounds on a tough squad you otherwise couldn't beat in CC.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Arguleon-veq

Giving them all combi-plasmas is always a good buy, its just a bit of a pain converting them all.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33