News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dark Angels Question

Started by Waaaghpower, March 24, 2013, 05:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

So, there's someone at my gaming group who's a bit... special, so to speak. He's nice, but makes a lot of rules errors and doesn't own a codex. For context, he thought every member of a devastators squad could take heavy weapons, including the captain, and rarely tallies up army points correctly. This is why I'm asking:
Can any Dark Angel take a permanent 2+ invulnerable save?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Chicop76

Quote from: Waaaghpower on March 24, 2013, 05:02:06 AM
So, there's someone at my gaming group who's a bit... special, so to speak. He's nice, but makes a lot of rules errors and doesn't own a codex. For context, he thought every member of a devastators squad could take heavy weapons, including the captain, and rarely tallies up army points correctly. This is why I'm asking:
Can any Dark Angel take a permanent 2+ invulnerable save?

Wtf. They can give +4 invul goodness, but the best invul is via strom shields.

Waaaghpower

Okay. So to clarify, Azreal *I think thats what he uses* cannot make his 2+ save Invulnerable. I thought so, but it was worthy of asking.
Ironically, this additional rule he added hasn't saved him: I win every time he plays against me. But it us annoying when you just have to keep hitting him with s8 until he fails his 2++ and takes instant death.

Interestingly enough, this means that for one turn only, Orks have the best armor in the game.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Chicop76

I'm away from my books, but if I remember correctly he gvets thi stuff.

1. A str 7 or 6. One use plasma shot.
2. +4r invul save to him and unit
3. Can pick any Sark Angel WL Trait
4. Take bikes and Terms as troops.
5. It's either him or blelial that hav e an p3 sword with fleshbane: I know both of them have ap 3 sword.
6. He is wearing artificer armour which gives him a +2 save
7. Either he has +1 to deny witch or eternal warrior with a +6 fnp.

That is from memory. May be off on a few things, but I am 100% sure no 2+ invulnerable save. Now Fateweaver can have a +2 invulnerable and can re roll on a 1, but I been reading DA and Daemons all week.