News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

New Elves on the Horizon

Started by SILK, March 30, 2013, 11:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SILK

I'm just going to leave this here:

The Allfather

Are those... Phoenixes? (Phoenixi?)

Begel Dverl

Not forget part of the Codex cover :P

Fr05ty

Hope they renew the Asrai after the Asur... the Asrai have been left in the cold for far too long!

Hope they keep the Lorthern Sea Guard or improve it; it's my favourite unit!

Osiris

this may get me back in to WF. :D i was always partial to the high elves. and if those are indeed phoenix...
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

Deraj

My whole army is based on a crusading force from the temple of Asuryan, so those birds are a (no pun intended) godsend. Even though most of the rumors I've heard about the new book seem to be decreasing the extreme killyness of high elves in favor of a little more survivability, I'm still excited about it just for new units and new fluff.

Arguleon-veq

Those do look amazing, I'd never use high elves but they will sure look nice across the table. Fantasy are really going all out on the big monsters these days which is kinda strange as I still dont think they really cut it this edition.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Begel Dverl

Oh look what I found.

QuotePhoenixes:

Sky Chariot

Sky Chariot with Phoenix King Finubar

Sky Chariot with bolt thrower

Phoenix King Finubar

Alarielle, the Everqueen:

Highmage of Hoeth (Swordsmaster/mage)

Maiden Guard Commander:

Shadow Warriors (Dual kit):

Archer unit with magical bows (Dual kit, also Maiden Guard?):

Cammerz

Well GW have just given us the release date, or pre-order date, or something along those lines;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e0mRjHdRrYE

The Allfather

They certainly love their cheesy videos, don't they?

pepsi

Hell, why did Batman appear at the end of that video?
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

Osiris

Quote from: pepsi on April 23, 2013, 10:33:31 PM
Hell, why did Batman appear at the end of that video?
it was obvious that Gotham needed him. did you see those creatures marching on Gotham? :P

it was a waste of 51 seconds. :/
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

Ra´Meses

Being an old High elf player that plan to return to the army he left in rage as the 7th version came out, I have been following this closely.
Some really, really nice stuff coming. But the prices are of course a tad more extorsionistic than last release. As always.

Some cool rules have come to light via White Dwarf and free examples from the Ipad rulebook handed to those that signed up for pre-order. But...

In the wake of this at least one blogger have been shut down due to GW lawyering and it seem to have caught Bell of Lost Souls in the crossfire and their blogg has also been taken down by their host. They have yet to get confirmation that BoLS was indeed caught in the crossfire and taken down just to be sure by Google.

It seems that some photos of pages from the White Dwarf is the cause of this. And possibly that the rules examples given there have been spread on the net.

GW wants us to endorse and be happy about their Cheesy videos and rush to buy White Dwarf just before the release and not tell others what is in it or they threaten that SAS will come knocking.

That aside, I am pumped and my blood vessels are about to burst of exitement. I am buying the army book for sure, but from then on I am planning to make do with the minis I have stacked that need painting. With luck all I will want to get, I mean really want to get, are a pair of chariots.
"AND MY AXE!"

Osiris

i wouldnt mind getting one of each phoenix. i doubt i will ever play fantasy again, but as always, GW makes exceptionally detailed models!

as to the way GW has been playing with others...pretty soon everyone will associate high elf with GW, wood elf with GW, vampires with GW, etc etc. and that 'movie' was utter crap. i said it before, and im saying it again. great painting though. LOL
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k