News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tau Empire - Review

Started by Arguleon-veq, April 06, 2013, 06:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Honestly landraiders are not to big of a deal since a riptide can fire two melta shots and than assault with 3 strength 10 hits. However that's one package he may not like opening up.

That aside armour 14 is really hard to deal with even with bs 10 rail guns that deny cover.

I was thing Grey Knights may cause problems for Tau maybe not.

There is some things I noticed and used in a few games.

Commander with Marker drones in stealth squad or Marker drone squad. The commander makes all drones bs 5. It takes pathfinders out of the equation due to both squads being more durable and more reliable on marker hits.

Shadowsun joining squads for +2 love. From pathfinders to broadsides I seen this done really well.

However what I seen is 36" range deny cover and follow up with the riptides pie plate of doom. This has have the most devestating effect I seen so far.

Armour 14 I can see being a problem until you melt the vehicle away. Even so I haven't seen Tau get assaulted to even say if the over watch actually is effective or not. All the games I seen Tau has completly wiped out anyone that even gets close to assaults. 12 fire warriors at bs 5 firing 36 times easily wipes out any squad that gets close.

Armour 12 is nothing, but armour 13 gives alittle trouble to the army.

Even guard I don't know how they will stand. Now a days guard has been taking troop heavy armies falling back on cover saves galore to carry the day. The New Tau will destroy this concept and force guard to armour up once again. That being said. If guard goes russ heavy I see guard maybe winning.