News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

All Warbike Army: Is it practical?

Started by Waaaghpower, April 08, 2013, 09:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Ignoring the fact that it'd cost an arm and a leg, what do you guys think about an army composed soley of bikers and biker nobz? (Possibly with lootas for support fire and AA.) It obviously has downsides, but is it even practical to consider?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Lord Sotek

Ask Wargamer about it. His Ravensquig army revolves entirely around this concept (Bikers and biker nobs, plus Deffkopta support), and it can be pretty nasty to face. He's used it in playtest games against some of the older and more overpowered versions of one of my homebrew codicies, and beat me into the dirt with it.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Chicop76

Just seeing some elements of it and seeing all space marine bike elements I would have to say it will do really well. You can easily assault what you want on turn 2. You are mobile which is nice and the twin linked shooting does help you. I believe your bike shoot str 5 shots which is pretty nice.

The one big differance with your bike army than others is that you destroy in close combat while the others use hit and run tactics.

On tactic you can employ is the feignt. Send you army and deploy in one direction. You can move in one direction and than in your shooting phase move in a complete new direction. I done it before with nurgle bikers and I was able to get on his weak side and rip him apart from there.

Also bikes can get out of sticky situations fast and can easily contest objectives.

Arguleon-veq

It does ok but its all about the Nob Bikers, you would have a way more practical army if you had the Nob Bikers doing the heavy lifting like usual and Ork Boys doing the scoring.

With weight of fire these days your standard bikers are going to get shot down and they arent the sort of unit that you want sitting on an objective.

So yeah it would do ok, but Nob Bikers in a normal Ork list do much better.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33