News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dungeon Miniatures

Started by Thantos, April 24, 2013, 10:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

EDIT: Dwarf

http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk/shop.php#!/~/category/id=6272031&offset=0&sort=normal

No secret that i love heroquest and other cliche fantasy games ;D And i managed to get a game over easter which was great fut, but what ticks me off is how all the pieces slide over the board with the slightest nudge! Arrgh! Frustration! Plus the scenery in heroquest is dodgy cardboard or detail-less plastic...
So its time to fix this problem and create something quality for the dungeon!

So armed with a graphics tablet and a spare evening, i created a replacement door set. Here are some pics fresh from the printer. (Sorry about the blue tint, camera doesnt like taking photos inside the UV cure box ... my eyes dont like it much either to be honest...)

Closed Door

Open Door

One print artifact at the top of the door >.< dont know why its doing that, think its a hardware problem. Bit ill clean that up once i do a resin master. Ignore the support structure under the door!

Im going to cast these in bronze for that extra weight, and do a rubber lazer cut grip to stick on the bottom of each door (like under your mousemat) so no more slippy doors!

Fhanados

When my fiancee bought me heroquest for christmas last year I almost cried with happiness. That game has a soft spot for me, as it was a childhood favourite (even though I never learned how to actually play it, I had fun making up my own games!). This is absolutely amazing! I really hope you get around to redoing all the scenery, including the stone tiles, secret doors, start stairs etc. If you put these up for sale, let me know!

Thantos

Will probably be in store in a few weeks :D Have a trap door, done with brass, but something is making it cloudy and its not shiny.... little annoying, will keep playing with the formula. But it has more weight than resin.

Also to launch the dungeon section in the store, will have a sewer themed modular board available ;) Perfect for skaven scenarios. Piccys in a week or two.

And not dungeon stuff, but am sorting a few alien eggs out, just need to do a closed varient.

Awkward moment when my girlfriend sees them and goes "Aww how sweet, your making little orange flowers!". My reply was "Err yea, thats it... flowers!" - this sounded a lot better than 'Actually no, they are eggs for alien monsters that copulate with your face, which are designed from female genitalia'...

InsaneTD

And hope she never sees this thread. :P

Awesome stuff mate. I get the feeling I could spend lots of money on your site. :P

Wargamer

If you really want to freak people out you should make them based on Geiger's prototype; the one with the actual vagina on top. :P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Thantos

Hmm... id never get past the "gathering referance material" stage to finish it! :P

Feel free TD ;)

Doors in resin, going to sort the brass and get in store soon.
Also hopper is done, at last

As is a giant mutant fly, not sculpted by me, Alex Huntly job

InsaneTD

Mate, if I had the cash, I probably would. :P

Thantos

Sewers :D and now i have nearly painted a complete set of them. 2 more rooms and straight sections i think, then a bridge is needed and an entrance room type.
All available on store for the cheapest price i can cast for without giving up eating and resorting to photosynthesis.
http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk/shop.php#!/~/category/id=6272031&offset=0&sort=normal

Sculpted by Kieran Billings :)

And doors and hatches for vanilla dungeons.

Sculpted by Eddie Fisher

Railgun Convention

I like that sewer. That is a nice sewer.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Kur'os

I very much like those hoppers... ^ ^

-Kur'os

Thantos

Quote from: Railgun Convention on September 11, 2013, 03:20:06 PM
I like that sewer. That is a nice sewer.

Now you can like that boulder, that is a nice boulder ;)

Got this guy in store next week too :D

Thanks Kur'os, was quite pleased with how they turned out, and caster performed a miracle and has cast them in one part! base and all

Potion for what ails you hero?

Thantos

Got my paws on a HQ style dwarf sculpt :P
Busy casting today ...

InsaneTD

I want, nah, NEED, a set of those sewers.