News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Wait, kroot sniping is optional????

Started by knightperson, May 06, 2013, 11:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightperson

Somehow I missed this when I was bashing the sniper choice for kroot weaponry, but I was working on a false assumption. When I read that you can add sniper rounds to a kroot squad, I thought they replaced the regular pulse round, but looking at it more closely, it's an additional firing mode. That makes a huge difference, having the ability to rapid-fire on the move and such.

I'll stand by my assertion that kroot with 24 inch sniper rifles ONLY suck, but fortunately that's not what you're getting with your 1-point upgrade.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

pepsi

Yep, you can turn them on to meet your needs. Means they are halfway decent against anything they shoot at, T 1- T 10, and can make up their points fast if they rend.
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

Archon Sharrek

I had not noticed this either. Thanks for the heads up. Will definitely be looking into getting some kroot now.
Taking the theme of Tau and Dark Eldar allies, and having fun with it.

"That's EVIL EMPEROR ZURGIE-BABY, TO YOU!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

"Jim-cracking Dandy!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

BlackPowderChocobo

Yeah, the tactical flexibility of the Kroot with that are pretty nice.  Infiltrate them to middle ground, have an Ethereal within 12" to boost their low leadership and make their rapid fire that much more effective and you have a nice 2-stage speed bump.  I keep my current Kroot list small at 10 Kroot with Sniper rounds and 1 Hound for 75pts.  Hound gives me the flexibility and a higher I figure in case they get assaulted and lose to reduce the changes of being swept.
I'm sorry Tony the Yodelling Shetland Pony can't sing tonight.  He's a little hoarse.