News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tau: drone controller plus counterfire defence system = ????

Started by knightperson, May 11, 2013, 05:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightperson

Now this is definitely a candidate for the first FAQ update: When a suit has both counterfire defence system and a drone controller what ballistic skill do drones in its unit use for overwatch? CDS states
QuoteA model with counterfire defence system fires Overwatch at Ballistic Skill 2, rather than Ballistic Skill 1.
Drone controller states
QuoteAll Gun Drones, Marker Drones and Sniper Drones in the same unit as a model with a drone controller use the bearer's Ballistic Skill instead of their own. ...
One argument is that you, in effect, replace the BS stat of the drones with the BS stat of the model with the drone controller, which would mean that the drones are BS 3 (or occasionally 5) models snapfiring, which would make them effectively BS1. However, their drone-controlling model is firing at BS2 for overwatch so there is an argument that they get that ballistic skill.

What do you think?
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Chicop76

I hadx this load out and changed it. The problem being it's the same situation with skyfire. If the drone controller have skyfire than if the drones fire at the same target they should do so at the bearer's bs.

The argument I get with overwatc turns out to be the same as the skyfire one. I just simply changed my load out and hope the FAQ gods lean towards the bs of the bearer for overwatch and skyfire.

The Man They Call Jayne

It isn't the same situation though.

Controller with Velocity Tracker confers (lets say) BS5 to the drones. No argument there, but he doesn't also confer Skyfire. BS2 -> BS5 -> Snapshots only. Still BS1.

In this case we are talking about a device that affects overwatch specifically. The controllers BS is given tot he drones and with the Counterfire, snapshots are made at BS2. Seems pretty cut and dry personally.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4