News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Jin-Roh / Helghast Inspired Storm Troopers

Started by Restayvien, May 12, 2013, 09:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Restayvien

Those of you who have been on the forums the longest might remember my 'Jaeden Prime' IG force - well I've sold those early attempts off now but I'm thinking about creating a single unit of those guys. The heads should be easy to find, the bodies might need a few add-ons, but it's primarily the guns that I think will need the heaviest conversion (they're reminiscent of the smart guns from 'Aliens' but with a wooden stock and no ammo counter). Here are some pictures/video for reference. Please give me a hand finding the best models/bits to recreate these guys. 8)

Helghast:
These guys were inspired by the anime Jin Roh. They're closer tech-wise to 40k than the guys in Jin Roh (who are set in an alternate 1950's timeline)...

Jin-Roh:
I prefer the bulkier look here:

You get a fairly good idea of the Jin Roh armour/guns here at about 2:50 in (gore/violence warning). Full-screen, volume up. ;)
http://youtu.be/6lrl5Kj79u4

Ok, so after checking out the GW site it looks like their IG range has been cut right back. Luckily I think I might have a handful of the old-style Storm Troopers around somewhere.
There are a couple of models in this set that could work:

I think I might use these guys but I'm not sure how to make them look more heavily armoured (I'm not good with green stuff, for the record)? I could model them carrying these Autocannons on the hip (with the massive clip and tripod removed) - they might be a tad big but I can't think of a better weapon off the top of my head.

Narric

These might be useful to you.

I think I've seen a few clips of Jin-Roh. From what I remember, aren't the soldiers as large as Space Marines?

Restayvien

Thanks, they look good.

Nah, they're regular humans. With their armour on they're roughly as bulky and well armoured as Kasrkin I'd say, though probably less manoeuvrable. No mean feat with 1950's tech!

Update - I found the guys I was looking for on the GW site before - Steel Legion. Not quite as badass as the DKoK but there are still some good models in there. The biggest issue for me is that they don't look armoured enough.