News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Taking Chaos Marines as allies with Daemons.

Started by Chicop76, May 14, 2013, 04:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

I started this thread due to me relooking at both codexes.

The problem I was having was I couln't take a flying prince of nurgle if I am runing a bloodthirster with heralds.

Taking allies give me the prince option and the ability to take a helldrake.

One combo that crosses my mind is the power acquiscence. Obviously if you lucky enough to get it you can almost always strike first or at the same time. Also thanks to Tau I need something to calm down over watch.

Glancing over powers some more I noticed sensory overload from the marine book. If the daemon power acquiscence goes off you can use this power to blind your targets. The wonderful thing is with both powers you can lower I, Bs, and Ws. It's great against Tau since blind will lower to bs 1. Sadly in the marine book not too many units can use psychic powers. However daemons can take more powers.

A farseer can be a problem, but a winged slaneesh prince and re roll on failed psychic test. Also with torrent fire it can deepstrike and roast what ever you need it to roast. Great for killing dem pesky pathfinders.

The Man They Call Jayne

"It's great against Tau since blind will lower to bs 1"

Only non battle suit models. Every tau in any kind of battlesuit is immune to Blind thanks to Blacksun Filters.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Chicop76

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 14, 2013, 12:47:20 PM
"It's great against Tau since blind will lower to bs 1"

Only non battle suit models. Every tau in any kind of battlesuit is immune to Blind thanks to Blacksun Filters.

Serious. Damn that Tau. I'm still trying to see if a space marine deamon prince can deep strike or not???

Anyway I can always vector strike and roast suits with the helldrake.

salamut2202

It should be able to deepstrike, gliding flying monstrous creatures are jump units.

Chicop76

Quote from: salamut2202 on May 15, 2013, 01:15:48 AM
It should be able to deepstrike, gliding flying monstrous creatures are jump units.

Sweet. That means I can take 2 greater deamons, 4 princes, and a helldrake with 2 minimum squads of nurglings. I believe I will have the smallest army ever.