?

Can't find what you're looking for?

This topic might exist in our archive - Try Here

Author Topic: 1250 Tyranids  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Arkitek

• Kroot Shaper
  • Karma 0
  • The Technocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1250 Tyranids
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 03:59:48 AM »
He's a newb at Tau but he's a smart cookie.

Who loves kroot hounds for some inscrutable reason, but never mind that.

I fully expect him to take an Ethereal and Fireblade or two Fireblades and spam Fire Warriors backed up by Riptides.
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Offline Arkitek

• Kroot Shaper
  • Karma 0
  • The Technocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 06:29:12 PM »
Oh, guys, problem. Ethereals are Stubborn. So they ignore any negative leadership modifiers. By RAW, this would include the Deathleaper's abilities.
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Offline Chicop76

• Shas'El
  • Karma 12
  • pp
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 12:10:31 AM »
Oh, guys, problem. Ethereals are Stubborn. So they ignore any negative leadership modifiers. By RAW, this would include the Deathleaper's abilities.

Lol. I forgot about that. I have to relook at deathleaper to see if it still lowers are not. Anyway it still have a +2 cover save and cause movement penalties around him. The negative leadership still works on farseers and the +5 rending isn't bad.

Offline Arkitek

• Kroot Shaper
  • Karma 0
  • The Technocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 04:44:33 AM »
Yeah, it was pretty fun.

I ended up playing against a Chaos list and trashed them 9-3 after one of the devilgaunt broods got me First Blood and Slay the Warlord in a single turn of shooting. Then they also earned me Linebreaker while contesting an objective. It was glorious.

Offline Chicop76

• Shas'El
  • Karma 12
  • pp
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 05:22:53 AM »
Yeah, it was pretty fun.

I ended up playing against a Chaos list and trashed them 9-3 after one of the devilgaunt broods got me First Blood and Slay the Warlord in a single turn of shooting. Then they also earned me Linebreaker while contesting an objective. It was glorious.

Awesome! Doom and a bunch of deep striking devil gaunts is hard to contend against.

I think a tyrant power let's you outflank. In the past I always thought outflanking tervigons would be a bad ideal. However with the devilgaunts via ds it is worth while to do. It will give you combat options if anything lives long enough to assault them.

I also think like wp said a doom would be a good ideal. The doom however may be over kill though. What's nice though you can use deathleaper on a bloodthirster and lower him to leadership 6 and have the doom force a leadership test on him possibly killing the thirster.

Glad you did well and may the force be with you.