News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Chaos Furies why bother.

Started by Chicop76, May 16, 2013, 04:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

I been hearing debates on rather to take them or not. If you think about hammer attacks and the fact they are strength 4 they seem not to be too bad.

Also look at the fact that 20 of them is only 140 points. When compared to hounds around 280 points they seem to be a bit better.

With 17 hounds you get 34 wounds and 34 attacks. You get 51 attacks on the charge at strength 5, 4 normal.

With furies at the same number of points you get 40 of them for 40 wounds and 80 strength 4 attacks.

You are gettting a bit more wounds on way more attacks. Why no one take them then.

Leadership of 2 is the answer. Can you say the lowest in the game, plus think about instability. Which makes them garbage right. Wrong.

This is where a herald comes in. 3 of 4 heralds will not impair the units movement. We can rule out Nurgle since we don't want to impair the units movement.

Oh they can take marks which is important which allows heralds to join them with a leadership of 8.

Next possible herald would be Tzeentch. Taking this herald raises the full squad cost to 145 with 20. I made a mistake earlier and 125 would be the cost of 20 furies lol.

Anyway this should be good right. I don't think so. You can't shoot with the squad and the only loci worth taking is giving them variable strength for a possible strength 6. Personally unless youj roll a lot of 6s I don't think it's worth aking Tzeentch.

Next in line is Khorne which really raise the points of the squad. Now a 20 man squad would set you back by 165 points. Still cheaper than any of your troops.

Here is where the fun begins. Hatred is nice which will give them 40 re rollable attacks on te charge, don't forget hammer of wrath. Also they have furious charge.

Another way to go about boosting them is give them rage which would mean 60 attacks on the charge. If you have diviation you can be able to still get dem re rolls.

Khorne should be the way to go right. It's up to you, but personally I like slaanesh

The salaanesh way to go is better due to having a much cheaper herald. The unit will cost the same as the khorne one, but the only locus worth taking for this unit is the locus of beguilement. This allows re rolls to hit all the time. Not only that the unit now have fleet, and +3" to run movement. Re rolling for assault range is always awesome to do.

To top it off you also get rending attacks. With 40 attacks with re rolls that' 30 attacks that hit on average with 5 rending hits at strength 4 10 more wounds on marines or 15 wounds on guard extra. Also throw in 7 strength 5 ap 2 rending hits which means easily 5 more marine killing blows.

I am debating to drop the hounds for furies. At half the cost of a hound with the same number of attacks and the ability to take any herald I think it's a worth while unit.