News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dark Angel 1500 list- tourney list

Started by Tempest Six Two, July 29, 2013, 03:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest Six Two

Working on a list for a semi-friendly tournament next month, so far this is where I'm at:

Librarian 65

10 Tacticals- PlasCannon, PlasGun, Vet Sgt w P/Sword 195

10 Tacticals- PlasCannon, PlasGun, Vet Sgt w P/Sword 195

5 Scouts- Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks 70

3 Black Knights 126

Dark Talon 160

6 Ravenwing bikes- 2x m/guns 196

Vindicator w Siege Shield 135

Devastators- 4x m/launchers- 130

1272pts so far.

I can move points around to slot in a squad of Deathwing (245), or could bump the Librarian up to Lvl2, and chuck in a triple-las Predator and Rhinos for each Tac squad. Emphasis for this list is 3+ saturation, with strong Ravenwing and Heavy slot choices to do the main offensive duties.

Thought I'd go low (or no) Deathwing for this list, at least in the testing stage.

Thoughts?

My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Arguleon-veq

I think it really depends on how 'friendly' it is going to be and what you are willing to field.

As it is I think you will struggle quite badly, I think balanced marine lists like that really lack any cutting edge.

Camo Sniper Scouts are great, take more if you have them. They are brilliant for dealing with the amount of monsters around these days.

The Tacs are fine but I would drop the power weps.

The heavy support choices will work well enough as will the ravenwing.

I would drop the dark talon, it just doesnt do enough for its points. Id add more bodies to the devis to keep them around longer and id give them flakk for any anti air you need to do and put them with a defense line with quadgun.

With your leftover points id add a few more black knights to the squad [throw in a grenade launcher], maybe add a dark shroud so all your guys behind that defense line are getting a great cover save and up the level of the libby. An attack bike with multi melta will be nice too, outflank it and use it to pop tanks/contest objectives.

That should give you a list that is still friendly but should be more effective.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Tempest Six Two

Thanks for the suggestions Veq, although I'm gonna disagree on the Dark Talon.

This thing just OWNS whatever i've sent against, I sometimes run it in conjunction with the Black Knights against really tough units- the BKs drop the target's toughness with a Rad grenade/soften it with Plas fire and I then rake it with 12 re-rollable boltgun shots and a Str5 blinding template- as a support craft, working in concert with other units its fantastic. I've also found that its 'Hover' rule is awesome for late game 'hiding', ready for a last-turn attack run/ drop Stasis bomb to help me cleanse key objectives (usually with one of my units assaulting to contest or take the obj).

To be honest, all I have model/units wise (cash and time limitations) to swap out for this list are as below- these are in their respective units as fielded.

Terminator Librarian- Force Axe, Storm Bolter
5x TH/SS Termies
5x Termies with PlasCan, Pfist
5x Termies with Assault Can
5x Deathwing Knights
Lascan/ML dread
AutoCan/ML Dread
LR Crusader with M/melta
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Chris

I would swap out the Vindicator to be honest. Its a brilliant model and can be hugely effective. But it is the only tank you have on the board. It will be a magnet for the enemies heavy weapons, and with limited range, you're going to have to park it in cover, else you will be running it around and to try and keep it safe. Either ditch the devastators for another or ditch the vindy for more devs. (I'd go for the dev's)

Otherwise it looks good to me, Definately go with flak missiles, you'll be suprised by the amount of air support you'll come against.

Hope this helps!