News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1850 Final Draft Tournament fot Tau. 160 model Kroot list.

Started by Chicop76, May 18, 2013, 10:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

1850 Tau

HQ

123 XV-08 Commander
Drone Controller,
Signiture System: Puretide Engram Neurochip, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite

50 Ethereal

Elites

190 XV104 Riptide: Ion Accelerator, Plasma, Early Warning System

190 XV104 Riptide: Ion Accelerator, Plasma, Early Warning System

Troops

108 FireWarriors
X12 Shas'La

108 FireWarriors
X12 Shas'La

108 FireWarriors
X12 Shas'La

108 FireWarriors
X12 Shas'La

20 Kroot: 20x sniper

20 Kroot: 20x sniper

Fast Attack

55 Pathfinders
X5 Shas'La:

55 Pathfinders
X5 Shas'La

55 Pathfinders
X5 Shas'La

Heavy Support

115 Sky Ray: Smart Missile

306 XV88 Broadside team
3x Shas'Ui: 3x target:3x high yield missle, 3x seeker missiles
6 x marker drones

Total Points 1848
Hq 2
Elite 2
Troops128
Fast 15
Heavy 10
Total: 157 models
9 seeker missiles After doing the numbers with the Kroot fun list I realized that tx to the Ethereal Kroot can be broken. To make things better Kroot can switch between rapid fire and sniper rounds.

I decided to drop the broadside team and add 40 kroot with sniper shots and more pathfinders.

My marker count is up to 23 marker lights which 14 should hit making all my troops bs 5 and my rip tides bs 4. Meaning that my entire army shoot like or better than marines.

Also since I droped the sides I added 3 seeker missiles for a total of 9. 3 of which that have tank or MC hunter due to commander with the sides.

I was worried about skyfire until I remembered I have 23 marker lights which should put enough seekers in the air to take out what I need to.

This list is from several inputs and observations.

Another reason for the kroot is this or reasons.
1. To disrupt scout moves like hounds and dark angel bikes.
2. Disrupt othe infiltrating army models
3. More weight of fire and MC killing, hate that T9 bs.
4. Get my guys near are on an objective sooner.

Depending on who I play I may have my ethereal scout up with my pathfinders so my kroot can get ethereal love.

I appriciate everyone's inputs so far. I like this list a bit more since now I have more painted models in my army.

My broadsides may be railguns in the tournament if I do not get a chance to modify my 3 sides before than.

I like this lit a bit more since it's closer to my older list minus 2 stealth teams infiltrating up with the kroot.

Only thing that can really hurt me is mass armour 13 and 14. Even so my riptides can smash away the vehicles. With 9 seekers I should hopefully kill 2 armour 13 vehicles leaving the rest to my riptides to smash.

I am worried about ds melta on my skyray which can be a problem. Although with 160 models I think ds in my rear would be a bit harder to pull off and two possible pie plates of doom.