News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

questions

Started by Chicop76, June 02, 2013, 06:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Well after Saturday, which I should had went full Tau. I realised I need to change my list a bit. The biggest thing tha hure me was bad rolling on my side and good rolling on the other side. Also I was out shot by necrons which stayed out side of 36" and due to really good warlord traits was able to get a decent amount of troops in my deployment zone, out flank and flyers which even 3 strength 8 railguns and 2 seeker misles can't blow up with direct hits.

Anyway I decided back to the drawing board. I am debating throwing out the ethereal due t people starting to know to stay outside of 15". That haapened all day which was annoying. That was with me moving up.

I am not sold on the fireblade which is helpful and has spitfire, but it seems not enough.

I really don't want to do a crisis suit traditional bomb, since in my opinion dishes out fire power and dies. The problem I see with it is that it's literly all your points in one spot.

I figured some used the bomb by now and I can get a second opinion. This ideal only hit 350 points roughly. I figure this is a duable ideal which so far the riptide has been hard for a lot of armies to deal wiith.

I am planning on taking O'Shova and a Riptide with 2 drones for deepstrike insertion. Due to not being able to scatter I can get behind tanks, dem necrons and hit rear armour. With a fusion blast, 4 strength 7 shots and a two shot plasma I should get a rear hit. If I survie shooting O'Shova and a Smashing Riptide can easly deal with and vehicle issues.

I don't know if I should give the tide fnp yet since it is sooooo costly. I know this should work pretty well against armies like Crons. I think O'Shova declining a challenge and a+ 3 invulnerable smashing riptide can deal with anything O'Shova mightnot be able to handle.

Grant it this is in the works. I also thinking about Shadowsun adding +4 cover save. What's cool is she is toughness 3 and by taking 3 drones I will have 8 toughness 6 models due to majority. I can take away Shadowsun Drones that will be toughness 6 +3 invulnerable first.

Carrelio

I don't know if pairing Farsight and a riptide in a single unit is worth while... the benefit is that the riptide can deepstrike easier... but why does it even need to deepstrike? It's got a gigantic range and is among the fastest things in our army (piranhas are pretty much the only thing faster than a battlesuit, and the riptide can jump 4d6 if you want).

I am having similar qualms about the stims.  They are cost effective... raising the riptide's % of survival more than it raises it's % of cost... but meh... hard to say.  I'd probably take them.

Chicop76

It's all abotu the melta. Even with 4d6 movement I had issues chasing down necron skimmers.