News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Beacon and Farsight Bomb

Started by Chicop76, June 03, 2013, 12:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

I am thinking of adding Farsight to a stealth team. The stealth team will have 2 melta gunners with target locks and a beacon. I am thinking of giving my stealth commander skyfire on his markerlight. The squad will take a beacon as well. With Farsight in the squad I will be able to deep strike on my target. I might take 2 gun drones with drone controllers in the squad as well.

Once Farsigh deep strikes in than I will deep strike my commander with a riptide and two drones. This unit will help provide cover for my stealh suits. My tide will have a fusion blaster and ion cannon while my commander will provide ignore cover, 2 drones, drone controller, twin linked fire, and tank or mc hunter.

However this tactic has brought up some questions?

1. Can i even use the beacon from a unit that just deep striked on the board. i don't see any where it says i can't.
2. Can i use the puretide chip if my commander comes in via deep strike?
3. Can i use my riptides abilities if like +3 invulnerable save if i come in via ds.

The Man They Call Jayne

1: Yes you can
2: I don't see why not
3: Yes you can.

Its a bit of a risk though. If you fail the roll to get Farsight and the Stealths in, you have no beacon at all. I tend to start my stealths on the table in good cover, infiltrated forward. The use the beacon to land XV8s and Farsight lands where he wants when he arrives.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Chicop76

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on June 03, 2013, 02:01:41 AM
1: Yes you can
2: I don't see why not
3: Yes you can.

Its a bit of a risk though. If you fail the roll to get Farsight and the Stealths in, you have no beacon at all. I tend to start my stealths on the table in good cover, infiltrated forward. The use the beacon to land XV8s and Farsight lands where he wants when he arrives.

It's all situational. If it's vs Tau my stealthsuits will get blown apart. If my stealth suits infiltrate with my kroot in good cover I can use the beacon already set up. I plan to put my commander with my stealth suits in that situation since the unit will benefit a lot from twin linked shots and denial of cover. That way his drone controller will benefit the 4 gun drones with the unit. 24 strength 5 ap 5 shots with 2 fusion guns should do some damage.

However I would like to deep strike so I can get within melta range. Also since I run two riptides I can do as I said above and deepstrike my other riptide as needed.

I am thinking of taking the hit and run upgrade in case I get assaulted on both my commander and stealth suits. That way I will be able to get out of combat if I am assaulted with my commander and tide, and with my stealth suits and O'Shova.

Right now I am a bit hyped since I decided to field my stealth suits again.

For my heavy I know I want a sky ray. Still debating on a railhead, I see I need one not sure if I need longshot. Also I am debating should I keep my rail sides or go with my sniper drones. The problem with my sniper drones is they can't contend aginst armour 13. Which may mean do I use sides ove my hammerhead.

That being said if I use stealth suits with a beacon I may drop farsight and regain my Ethereal. For now I am revamping for more anti armour 13. Honestly I am thinking of 2 skyrays and a sniper team. The path finders can easily use the missles to deal out strength 8 shots. 2 skyrays should be helpful.